Page 65 of 248 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975115165 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,625 of 6200

Thread: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Cleveland looking even dumber now, passing on Vic because of Waiters.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/10...g-dion-waiters
    They were dumb for doing that, but I agree with Waiters on how they treat Irving. I don't really see any of those players as possible to get though, if you believe the Bulls aren't going to blow up the team.

If the Bulls were interested, they could do Deng for Waiters + Varejao, and then Bulls could amnesty Boozer after the season.
    Last edited by Cactus Jax; 11-27-2013 at 04:44 PM.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

can't wait to see this v Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

Waiters has a point.

Sports Logo

I wondered why they'd have interest in Deng because of age so I looked it up, that dude's still only 28? These one and dones really screw up my perception of how old guys are.

Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    You guys give him so much crap, alot of his struggles with injuries here in Indy were due to the terrible training staff we had at the time. They couldn't keep anyone healthy back then. Dont know what has changed since, but the training staff is miles better in recent years.
    I give him crap because he opens his mouth and doesn't deliver on his words. Even before the injuries, he claimed that he was "unguardable" after game 1 of the '02 Nets series. Then Kenyon Martin owned him the rest of the series.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

LOL at thinking Waiters can net Deng Cleveland. Deng is 100X the basketball player. Waiters isn't very good at basketball I find it hard to imagine he has much value around the league.

Quote Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
    That was when they actually had assets to trade. The only way they're going to get value out of Gasol's deal is if they trade him during the season this year... and they might just have to use the stretch waiver provision on Nash, especially if he doesn't ever play again.

You're right. MANAGEMENT MATTERS. The Lakers are basically blowing their opportunity to add another max-level free agent this summer, when there's going to be a bunch of good ones on the market. The only way they can add another $20M+ salary is if they dump Gasol altogether (and renounce their right to go over the cap to re-sign him) and either trade Nash or use the stretch provision on him so they take only about a $6M cap hit this summer. Basically, they have to blow their roster up to add one max-level guy and then they're going to have to piece together the rest of the roster with exceptions, unless they find takers in trades for Gasol and Nash (that still allow them cap space this summer).

Every single one of these problems would have gone away if Kobe would have taken $15M or less. But he is The Last Alpha Dog, after all.

Dirk got a 4-year, $80M contract when he was eligible for 5-years and close to $120M. And his taking less money helped Cuban afford the Chandler contract via trade, and let's not downplay the fact that DIRK TOOK LESS MONEY AND THE MAVERICKS IMMEDIATELY PUT TOGETHER A CHAMPIONSHIP ROSTER. They made moves after that, that reflected Cuban's view of the new CBA, and those didn't go well. But that was a gamble Cuban took that didn't have a lot to do with Dirk's salary.

And you cited two brilliant examples of guys taking less money: The big three in San Antonio and again in Miami. Hammers the point home.

Duncan took less not sure about the other two and that was last season. Did they win a ring? No.

Miami is not the same its where more than one player agrees to take less and its ironic that people were dissing them for it but Kobe doesn't do it and somehow that's "wrong"? Which is it.

My point is there are no guarantees about getting a ring if you take less even if Kobe took less and they got another player D'Antoni is still the coach and they aren't winning anything with him at the helm.

SA and Miami don't have a coaching problem and despite the team he's coaching I think Spoelstra is a good coach.

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post

With Sean Elliott injured, Popp actually started Tim Duncan at small forward, with Perdue and Robinsion up front.

Even better, he cross-matched Duncan on to Jason Kidd. For the entire game.

Duncan held Kidd to 7/19 shooting, and The Spurs took game 1 in Phoenix.
    that's like a banner shooting night for Kidd

Mood

Oladipo vs MCW is worth the price of admission early on. They are trading fancy plays

Cleveland looking even dumber now, passing on Vic because of Waiters.
    Hmm, you didn't seem to think it was a bad idea before:

Irving and Oladipo would be a formidable backcourt for years.
    So Can Irving and Waiters, which is why they passed on Vic.
    Last edited by Doddage; 11-27-2013 at 09:12 PM.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Westbrook shooting 2/14 tonight. Ouch. Really really bad.
    You **** up once, you lose two teeth

The Suns have already erased a 16-point Blazers lead in the first half. Phoenix is a team worthy of national television exposure. Threes aplenty.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to LoneGranger33 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

The Hawks are going to be good next year. Brooklyn has been tanking so hard for them.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

With the Spurs about to lose in OKC, the Pacers are about to regain sole possession of best record in the NBA

Damn, I thought Kahn was completely out of Minnesota, not reassigned to the sale department!

http://instagram.com/p/hPmPCwH_nC/#
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

T'wolves...started out hot but is starting to cool down, now 1 game below 0.500.

Nuggets...started out cold but now their are heating up, now are grooving at the #8 spot out on the Wild West. It will be interesting to see the playoff picture out on the West as it will be a crazy end toward the finish line.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to 15th parallel For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Doddage View Post
    Hmm, you didn't seem to think it was a bad idea before:
    That's not what I meant. They thought he could possibly play the three, not me. I was just giving their reported thought on the matter.

That is completely my fault btw. I see how it can be read that way. I should have been more clear.
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right. ― Ricky Gervais.

What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post
    Duncan took less not sure about the other two and that was last season. Did they win a ring? No.

Miami is not the same its where more than one player agrees to take less and its ironic that people were dissing them for it but Kobe doesn't do it and somehow that's "wrong"? Which is it.

My point is there are no guarantees about getting a ring if you take less even if Kobe took less and they got another player D'Antoni is still the coach and they aren't winning anything with him at the helm.

SA and Miami don't have a coaching problem and despite the team he's coaching I think Spoelstra is a good coach.

Okay, gotcha. If that's seriously your argument we can be done here.

Out of timeouts, Jason Kidd has his rookie walk into him so he can stage a drink spill and get a timeout:
    http://deadspin.com/jason-kidd-earne...ium=socialflow

It didn't work, but he should be fined for that stunt.

Has there EVER been such a BAD idea coaching hire like this?
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

23. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post
    Out of timeouts, Jason Kidd has his rookie walk into him so he can stage a drink spill and get a timeout:
    http://deadspin.com/jason-kidd-earne...ium=socialflow

It didn't work, but he should be fined for that stunt.

Has there EVER been such a BAD idea coaching hire like this?
    I cant stop lol at JKidd here clever

Right now Indiana and Miami are just laying waste to the rest of the Eastern Conference. The standings just look so lopsided it's not even funny.
    "I've got an idea--an idea so smart that my head would explode if I even began to know what I'm talking about." - Peter Griffin

The Spurs and Blazers lost today, ending their 11-game win streaks. The longest right now is Miami with 8, followed by Indiana and OKC with 5. The longest losing streak right now is Milwaukee with 10 straight.

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 15th parallel For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by DGPR View Post
    Right now Indiana and Miami are just laying waste to the rest of the Eastern Conference. The standings just look so lopsided it's not even funny.
    There's two teams over .500 in the East

Sports Logo

30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Jason Kidd probably yearns for the days when he was liquored up and wrapping his rig into a light pole.

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

So yeah, when Jason Kidd's coaching legacy is remembered by having coaches drinks being banned, it'll be pretty funny. The coaches are not going to enjoy Kidd's tactics, nor will the NBA. Going to guess a major fine (like 50-100 thousand dollars).
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller