Page 57 of 248 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167107157 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,425 of 6200

Thread: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wish we could have traded Hill for Bledsoe. Would love to have Bledsoe. He's gonna be expensive now.
    You broke the golden rule on PD: Thou shall not EVER mention trading George Hill
    David "And One" West

Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

Quote Originally Posted by Cactus Jax View Post
    Sadly Doug Collins is not a regular broadcaster. He's usually on their studio show.
    I think he will be though. Hubie Brown is 80, so I think eventually, maybe as soon as next season, Collins will be their #2 broadcast team's analyst, and team with Breen and Van Gundy for the conference and NBA finals.
    UncleBuck:

"See how stupid those fans sound complaining about the officials. That is one reason why I hate when Pacers fans complain about the refs - does not come across well at all, no matter the merit. "

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Jeff Zillgitt ‏@JeffZillgitt 8m

NBA D-League president Dan Reed sees affiliates for all 30 NBA teams sooner rather than later as 13th season begins: http://usat.ly/1g0tLaZ

Jeff Zillgitt ‏@JeffZillgitt 3m

. @TheSandman21 Pacers have expressed interest in owning/running their own D-League team.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post

NBA D-League president Dan Reed sees affiliates for all 30 NBA teams sooner rather than later as 13th season begins: http://usat.ly/1g0tLaZ

. @TheSandman21 Pacers have expressed interest in owning/running their own D-League team.
    good, it makes too much sense not to. Rasual Butler's probably making more money this year than the salaries of the entirety of the Mad Ants organization. If/when it happens I hope we use it like the Spurs do where they use the same sets and principles as the NBA team.

Speaking of the D League, with Cope getting Solo's spot in the rotation it looks like, how long until Solo's sent down?

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Johanvil View Post

Things like this keep me thrilled every day that Carlisle is the Mavericks' coach.

Bulls losing in Denver... always a plus for the Pacers.
    "We've got to be very clear about this. We don't want our players hanging around with murderers," said Larry Bird, Pacers president.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to rock747 For This Useful Post:

Luol Deng can't find the basket today.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    good, it makes too much sense not to. Rasual Butler's probably making more money this year than the salaries of the entirety of the Mad Ants organization. If/when it happens I hope we use it like the Spurs do where they use the same sets and principles as the NBA team.

Speaking of the D League, with Cope getting Solo's spot in the rotation it looks like, how long until Solo's sent down?
    Was it the Mayor of Louisville that wanted to get the Pacers to play some games down there. If we get our own team perhaps we should put it down there to help build the fanbase.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Mad-Mad-Mario For This Useful Post:

***STREAK IS OVER! STREAK IS OVER!****

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post

I would be very curious to see where some of the teams put their affiliates at, I think a Tucson team for the Suns would be pretty cool, I might catch a game or two if its cheap.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

Quote Originally Posted by 31Since1990 View Post
    ***STREAK IS OVER! STREAK IS OVER!****
    hahahhaa. well played. did you hear the guy scream, "PAUL GEORGE U SUCK, WHO HAS TWO FIRST NAMES FOR A NAME. " He had some funny lines

15. The Following User Says Thank You to immortality For This Useful Post:

I'm happy for Coach Brian Shaw. It's a rocky start, and will probably be rocky the whole season. But he's starting to get his team together and maybe they'll surprise some on the latter part of the season.

Just checking the team standings as of today...one thing I noticed was...

Toronto is #1 in Atlantic! Who would've thought this would happen?

Shame on you New York teams! Too early, but let's enjoy the New York teams' downfall while it lasts...

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by 15th parallel View Post
    Just checking the team standings as of today...one thing I noticed was...

Toronto is #1 in Atlantic! Who would've thought this would happen?

Shame on you New York teams! Too early, but let's enjoy the New York teams' downfall while it lasts...
    How lame is they are first with a losing record though, eh? Yikes.

Mood

Sports Logo

Random Thought: Luis Scola has a huge chance of winning 6th man of the year.
    No matter how good you are, there's still a lot of luck involved. - Reggie Miller

Mood

Sports Logo

I have a question:

Aside from Utah, which teams are really tanking this season?
    No matter how good you are, there's still a lot of luck involved. - Reggie Miller

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by BlueCollar View Post
    I have a question:

Boston
    Smothered Chicken!

I have a question:

The Knicks should consider it. Oh wait, they don't have a first rounder this year. It's absolutely amazing how little that organization values draft picks.

Mood

Sports Logo

Knicks just sidelined valuable players and it's too early in the season for them to consider tanking. Well, I think this is Melo's last year (in his contract).

PS: Sorry for the multiple posts. Those are unintentional. I am on my mobile phone and I don't know if posts can be deleted here.

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    The Knicks should consider it. Oh wait, they don't have a first rounder this year. It's absolutely amazing how little that organization values draft picks.
    That's part of the reason I like Bird. He's always coveted our draft picks, and when he has traded them, it's been for safe, low-risk investments.

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Doddage For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    Here's something I saw yesterday. Another team that doesn't value draft picks. (no, I haven't confirmed how accurate this is).

27. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Strummer For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Pacergeek View Post
    You broke the golden rule on PD: Thou shall not EVER mention trading George Hill
    I'm confused. Another thread says he's the least-loved Pacer, and you say the thought of trading him is unmentionable. Those are opposites.
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

I have a question:

Phoenix.

Hey, If you are starting Gerald Green, winning is NOT a priority.
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

Abbott: Fact. The Pacers, Clippers and Timberwolves also create fascinating high-energy contests on the regular (and everything Kyrie Irving does is exciting), but all in all, the Warriors top the "viewing pleasure" list.
    Found it funny that he would include the Pacers, not gonna lie guys, if I wasn't a Pacers fan I probably would not be in a hurry to watch them, as the offense is just so brutal often.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/page/...ference-debate

Quote Originally Posted by immortality View Post
    Found it funny that he would include the Pacers, not gonna lie guys, if I wasn't a Pacers fan I probably would not be in a hurry to watch them, as the offense is just so brutal often.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/page/...ference-debate
    Of course when their M.O. is high offense, no defense.