Page 57 of 248 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167107157 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,425 of 6200

Thread: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

  1. #1401
    Member Pacergeek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    3,644

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

    Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wish we could have traded Hill for Bledsoe. Would love to have Bledsoe. He's gonna be expensive now.
    You broke the golden rule on PD: Thou shall not EVER mention trading George Hill
    David "And One" West

  2. #1402
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    South Side
    Posts
    4,235

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

    Quote Originally Posted by Cactus Jax View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sadly Doug Collins is not a regular broadcaster. He's usually on their studio show.
    I think he will be though. Hubie Brown is 80, so I think eventually, maybe as soon as next season, Collins will be their #2 broadcast team's analyst, and team with Breen and Van Gundy for the conference and NBA finals.
    UncleBuck:

    "See how stupid those fans sound complaining about the officials. That is one reason why I hate when Pacers fans complain about the refs - does not come across well at all, no matter the merit. "

  3. #1403
    RING THE BELL! Sandman21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Area55
    Posts
    6,493

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

    Jeff Zillgitt ‏@JeffZillgitt 8m

    NBA D-League president Dan Reed sees affiliates for all 30 NBA teams sooner rather than later as 13th season begins: http://usat.ly/1g0tLaZ

    Jeff Zillgitt ‏@JeffZillgitt 3m

    . @TheSandman21 Pacers have expressed interest in owning/running their own D-League team.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

    "And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

  4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:


  5. #1404
    #Franking Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    13,312

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Jeff Zillgitt ‏@JeffZillgitt 8m

    NBA D-League president Dan Reed sees affiliates for all 30 NBA teams sooner rather than later as 13th season begins: http://usat.ly/1g0tLaZ

    Jeff Zillgitt ‏@JeffZillgitt 3m

    . @TheSandman21 Pacers have expressed interest in owning/running their own D-League team.
    good, it makes too much sense not to. Rasual Butler's probably making more money this year than the salaries of the entirety of the Mad Ants organization. If/when it happens I hope we use it like the Spurs do where they use the same sets and principles as the NBA team.

    Speaking of the D League, with Cope getting Solo's spot in the rotation it looks like, how long until Solo's sent down?

  6. #1405
    Member spreedom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Minnesota
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,586

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

    Quote Originally Posted by Johanvil View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote



    Things like this keep me thrilled every day that Carlisle is the Mavericks' coach.

  7. #1406

    Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

    Bulls losing in Denver... always a plus for the Pacers.
    "We've got to be very clear about this. We don't want our players hanging around with murderers," said Larry Bird, Pacers president.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to rock747 For This Useful Post:


  9. #1407

    Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

    Luol Deng can't find the basket today.

  10. #1408

    Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    good, it makes too much sense not to. Rasual Butler's probably making more money this year than the salaries of the entirety of the Mad Ants organization. If/when it happens I hope we use it like the Spurs do where they use the same sets and principles as the NBA team.

    Speaking of the D League, with Cope getting Solo's spot in the rotation it looks like, how long until Solo's sent down?
    Was it the Mayor of Louisville that wanted to get the Pacers to play some games down there. If we get our own team perhaps we should put it down there to help build the fanbase.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Mad-Mad-Mario For This Useful Post:


  12. #1409

    Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

    ***STREAK IS OVER! STREAK IS OVER!****

  13. #1410
    Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Tucson AZ
    Age
    30
    Posts
    4,186
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Jeff Zillgitt ‏@JeffZillgitt 8m

    NBA D-League president Dan Reed sees affiliates for all 30 NBA teams sooner rather than later as 13th season begins: http://usat.ly/1g0tLaZ

    Jeff Zillgitt ‏@JeffZillgitt 3m

    . @TheSandman21 Pacers have expressed interest in owning/running their own D-League team.
    I would be very curious to see where some of the teams put their affiliates at, I think a Tucson team for the Suns would be pretty cool, I might catch a game or two if its cheap.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

    ----------------- Reggie Miller

  14. #1411

    Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

    Quote Originally Posted by 31Since1990 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ***STREAK IS OVER! STREAK IS OVER!****
    hahahhaa. well played. did you hear the guy scream, "PAUL GEORGE U SUCK, WHO HAS TWO FIRST NAMES FOR A NAME. " He had some funny lines

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to immortality For This Useful Post:


  16. #1412

    Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

    I'm happy for Coach Brian Shaw. It's a rocky start, and will probably be rocky the whole season. But he's starting to get his team together and maybe they'll surprise some on the latter part of the season.

  17. #1413

    Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

    Just checking the team standings as of today...one thing I noticed was...

    Toronto is #1 in Atlantic! Who would've thought this would happen?

    Shame on you New York teams! Too early, but let's enjoy the New York teams' downfall while it lasts...

  18. #1414
    Member Johanvil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Athens, Greece
    Posts
    3,384

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

    Quote Originally Posted by 15th parallel View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just checking the team standings as of today...one thing I noticed was...

    Toronto is #1 in Atlantic! Who would've thought this would happen?

    Shame on you New York teams! Too early, but let's enjoy the New York teams' downfall while it lasts...
    How lame is they are first with a losing record though, eh? Yikes.

  19. #1415
    Member BlueCollar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    98
    Mood

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

    Random Thought: Luis Scola has a huge chance of winning 6th man of the year.
    No matter how good you are, there's still a lot of luck involved. - Reggie Miller

  20. #1416
    Member BlueCollar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    98
    Mood

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

    I have a question:

    Aside from Utah, which teams are really tanking this season?
    No matter how good you are, there's still a lot of luck involved. - Reggie Miller

  21. #1417
    THE WITCH IS DEAD!!! Coopdog23's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Da Bank
    Posts
    3,116

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueCollar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I have a question:

    Aside from Utah, which teams are really tanking this season?
    Boston
    Smothered Chicken!

  22. #1418
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    17,569

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueCollar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I have a question:

    Aside from Utah, which teams are really tanking this season?
    The Knicks should consider it. Oh wait, they don't have a first rounder this year. It's absolutely amazing how little that organization values draft picks.

  23. #1419
    Member BlueCollar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    98
    Mood

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

    Knicks just sidelined valuable players and it's too early in the season for them to consider tanking. Well, I think this is Melo's last year (in his contract).

    PS: Sorry for the multiple posts. Those are unintentional. I am on my mobile phone and I don't know if posts can be deleted here.
    No matter how good you are, there's still a lot of luck involved. - Reggie Miller

  24. #1420

    Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

    Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Knicks should consider it. Oh wait, they don't have a first rounder this year. It's absolutely amazing how little that organization values draft picks.
    That's part of the reason I like Bird. He's always coveted our draft picks, and when he has traded them, it's been for safe, low-risk investments.

  25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Doddage For This Useful Post:


  26. #1421

    Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

    Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Knicks should consider it. Oh wait, they don't have a first rounder this year. It's absolutely amazing how little that organization values draft picks.
    Here's something I saw yesterday. Another team that doesn't value draft picks. (no, I haven't confirmed how accurate this is).



  27. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Strummer For This Useful Post:


  28. #1422

    Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacergeek View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You broke the golden rule on PD: Thou shall not EVER mention trading George Hill
    I'm confused. Another thread says he's the least-loved Pacer, and you say the thought of trading him is unmentionable. Those are opposites.
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

  29. #1423

    Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueCollar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I have a question:

    Aside from Utah, which teams are really tanking this season?
    Phoenix.

    Hey, If you are starting Gerald Green, winning is NOT a priority.
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

  30. #1424

    Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

    Abbott: Fact. The Pacers, Clippers and Timberwolves also create fascinating high-energy contests on the regular (and everything Kyrie Irving does is exciting), but all in all, the Warriors top the "viewing pleasure" list.
    Found it funny that he would include the Pacers, not gonna lie guys, if I wasn't a Pacers fan I probably would not be in a hurry to watch them, as the offense is just so brutal often.

    http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/page/...ference-debate

  31. #1425

    Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

    Quote Originally Posted by immortality View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Found it funny that he would include the Pacers, not gonna lie guys, if I wasn't a Pacers fan I probably would not be in a hurry to watch them, as the offense is just so brutal often.

    http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/page/...ference-debate
    Of course when their M.O. is high offense, no defense.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •