Page 52 of 248 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102152 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,300 of 6200

Thread: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

FIRE WOODSON chants in the Garden tonight. I hope Dolan does it and hires Scott Skiles.

Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    FIRE WOODSON chants in the Garden tonight. I hope Dolan does it and hires Scott Skiles.
    The sarcasm is strong with this post.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by immortality View Post
    The sarcasm is strong with this post.
    Hell no. I'm 100% serious. I'd LOVE that to happen. Skiles is a dickhead hardass that is a bad coach on top of it. It'd be a complete dumpster fire. I'd hire JOB before I hired Skiles.

Hell, y'know what, I think JOB might be able to make that Knicks roster win some games. Probably not a single playoff game, but I bet he could put up a decent regular season record with that roster.

Sports Logo

this Vitor Faverani dude is looking like a helluva find (if that qualifies? no idea) for Boston.

Sports Logo

speaking of Boston, whatever happened to what's'his'face? guy/gal with the Auerbach avatar that was pretty good, had posts you'd stop scrolling to read once you saw the avatar, unlike mine.

speaking of Boston, whatever happened to what's'his'face? guy/gal with the Auerbach avatar that was pretty good, had posts you'd stop scrolling to read once you saw the avatar, unlike mine.
    If that's true, if you don't know who he is, then maybe your best course would be to tread lightly. Luckily, I know that man as cordobes, winner of the Best Non-Pacer Fan and Best International Poster awards.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to LoneGranger33 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Brandon Jennings is the king of empty stats.

He just had the worst 23 point, 14 assist game in NBA history.
    Last edited by shags; 11-17-2013 at 11:45 PM.
    UncleBuck:

"See how stupid those fans sound complaining about the officials. That is one reason why I hate when Pacers fans complain about the refs - does not come across well at all, no matter the merit. "

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

The 23 points were garbage time, but he earned the 14 assists.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

I gotta give ya credit for still clinging to hope with these guys Kstat.

The Knicks-Pistons game should be a barrel of laughs Tuesday.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

The Blazers are 8-2 now. No idea if they can keep it up, but maybe they are this year's surprise.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Roy Hibbert ‏@Hoya2aPacer 15h

Asking a favor from @Pacers fans. Please don't go trolling other @NBA players on twitter. Ur entitled 2 free speech but u guys r above that.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

13. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:

David Benner ‏@PacersDMB 4m
    Pacers' starting five and Coach Frank Vogel sit down for an ESPN interview. pic.twitter.com/fpQhdPwBVO
    Details
    "We've got to be very clear about this. We don't want our players hanging around with murderers," said Larry Bird, Pacers president.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rock747 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post

Asking a favor from @Pacers fans. Please don't go trolling other @NBA players on twitter. Ur entitled 2 free speech but u guys r above that.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    I gotta give ya credit for still clinging to hope with these guys Kstat.

The Knicks-Pistons game should be a barrel of laughs Tuesday.
    There's plenty of talent. The chemistry just sucks. When you're getting dunks and layups for 2/3 of the game and you still can't beat anyone consistently, there are massive communication issues on both ends.

I like Jennings more now than when we got him. He has to streamline his game, but I appreciate that he competes no matter what the score is, and he can run an offense.

When I said he earned the 14 assists, I meant it. He created at least 10 of them on his own, and they were all good plays. He has to defend and shoot more consistently, but that's always been the knock on him.

This currently isn't a good team, but that isn't the same as saying they don't have good players. It's frustrating to see them look great one quarter and terrible the next, but I do think they will get it straightened out.
    Last edited by Kstat; 11-18-2013 at 04:47 PM.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post

Which players were trolled?
    David "And One" West

Interesting article that points out what a dumpster fire it is to play Josh Smith at SF with Monroe and Drummond. Seems to take the same stance many here took, adamantly opposed by KStat, very recently.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...eup-is-a-mess/

D. Pistons’ “three bigs” lineup of Andre Drummond, Greg Monroe and Josh Smith. The Pistons are force-feeding this trio, trying to get it to work, but it remains a mess on the defensive end. Check out these numbers from Sunday night: When they were together the Lakers averaged 127.8 points per 100 possessions, shot 59.6 percent, hit 7-of-13 from three, which means an eFG% of 66.4 percent, and Jordan Hill went off against the Pistons for 24 points and 17 rebounds. The Lakers were able to run that trio and just space them out with shooters and beat them, plus Piston bigs got burned on their man cutting back door all night, or they just would lose track of their man in general. On offense there is now flow or spacing with them together. This is not a new thing, on the season teams are shooting 51 percent against this trio with an offensive rating of 114.8 (for comparison, the Bobcats had the worst defense in the NBA last season at 108.9). The Pistons have other issues as well (Brandon Jennings and Rodney Stuckey don’t help the defense at all) but what happened against the Lakers is the norm right now. Is Maurice Cheeks a guy who can fix this?
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

Absolutely. We're terrible defensively. But the problem isn't that we play 3 bigs, it's that the communication on D is terrible. The chemistry is beyond bad. It's not necessarily guys getting beat, it's blown assignments turning into open shots. Given that Smith is easily our best defender on the floor right now, pinning this on him is flat out ignorant.

Smith is the guy that's chewing everyone else out for blowing assignments.

It's also on Mo (someone nobody here wanted them to hire), to get a defensive scheme that will work. Offensively, we're improving every game. Defensively, we've gotten worse.

And as much as bashing Josh Smith for shooting threes is popular (and usually justified), he's shooting a better FG% from the arc than any of his three backups. So please, let me know which SF on our team should be playing there instead of him for any reason.
    Last edited by Kstat; 11-18-2013 at 05:52 PM.

How does the fact that Smith's backups are worse three point shooters that he is justify him taking and clanking lots of ill-advised threes?

So, if Mahinmi is a terrible three point shooter, and Hibbert is better (hit a couple when the shot clock was expiring, LOL), then Hibbert needs to take a lot more three pointers....

bizarro.

Players should take the shots that are most likely to help their team win.
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Pacergeek View Post
    Which players were trolled?
    Who knows. But I agree with Roy, don't act like an idiot (or a Bulls/Heat fan).
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    How does the fact that Smith's backups are worse three point shooters that he is justify him taking and clanking lots of ill-advised threes?

So, if Mahinmi is a terrible three point shooter, and Hibbert is better (hit a couple when the shot clock was expiring, LOL), then Hibbert needs to take a lot more three pointers....

bizarro.

Players should take the shots that are most likely to help their team win.
    This is silly logic. You're comparing two centers to a bunch of small forwards.

Smith's three point shooting is bad, but his backups (who are paid to make those shots) have been much worse.

The point is that his three point shooting is very, very low on the list of this team's problems.

If you take out his disaster in GS where he got benched early, the other 4 games since the Indiana game he's shot an even 50% from the floor and 43% from the arc. He's absolutely getting better at taking good shots from the SF position.
    Last edited by Kstat; 11-18-2013 at 06:20 PM.

Not sure where to put this, it's not baskebatll related obviously, but how are you guys doing? I'm hearing the Midwest has been swept by tornadoes and storms, hope you all are healthy and safe.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Marlin For This Useful Post:

damn, Klay Thompson's putting up 20 points on 55%?
    His most impressive stat so far (and obviously nobody is going to keep this up): From the Mecury News

When Thompson is on the court, the Warriors produce 130.8 points every 100 possessions. That's higher offensive production than James, Chris Paul, Kevin Durant and Kevin Love.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to d_c For This Useful Post:

Mood

Love watching the Blazers scary good offensively. They remind me in many ways of the Nash Sun teams. I am debating if they can win in the playoffs. But I love watching them play so much talent.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    This is silly logic. You're comparing two centers to a bunch of small forwards.

Smith's three point shooting is bad, but his backups (who are paid to make those shots) have been much worse.

The point is that his three point shooting is very, very low on the list of this team's problems.

If you take out his disaster in GS where he got benched early, the other 4 games since the Indiana game he's shot an even 50% from the floor and 43% from the arc. He's absolutely getting better at taking good shots from the SF position.

Yeah, as much as Josh Smith should be avoiding taking threes... he doesn't have many better options when Monroe and especially Drummond are clogging the lane. The problem is the makeup of the roster, and not the individual players.

The Pistons need a trade for a legit shooter in the worst way. Personally, I like Greg Monroe's game more than I do Drummond's, but I think the writing's on the wall... I suspect Greg will get moved before the deadline this year.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I strongly encourage any Knicks fans to chant "FIRE DOLAN" instead...

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to spreedom For This Useful Post: