Page 51 of 248 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101151 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 6200

Thread: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

Anyone watching suns? That shot was close
    "We've got to be very clear about this. We don't want our players hanging around with murderers," said Larry Bird, Pacers president.

Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

Heart-breaker. I've seen Joe Johnson hit a lot of game-winners, but that was unique.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by LoneGranger33 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Who's watching Plumlee v. Plumlee right now?
    I did. It was fun. Brook Lopez took advantage of Miles tonight. Too bad that the Suns lost the way they did. They really fought for it. Awesome shot by Joe Johnson as well.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by aamcguy View Post
    In two years, the Jazz are going to be an absolute monster if they get Andrew Wiggins, Jabari Parker, or Julius Randle.
    Fixed.
    UncleBuck:

"See how stupid those fans sound complaining about the officials. That is one reason why I hate when Pacers fans complain about the refs - does not come across well at all, no matter the merit. "

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Josh smith 1 block from being the 10th player ever to record a 5X5.

Edit: just missed it. 21/8/7/5/4.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by shags View Post
    Fixed.
    No, I think they have the young talent now to completely flop in the next two drafts and come out a Western conference contender. I doubt they will do that, but qualifications aren't necessary.
    “The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.”
    ― Neil deGrasse Tyson

which Morris is the good one? I got Marquieff on my fantasy team, was told I messed up, and now I see that Marcus had the better game tonight. Do I drop Marquieff and add Marcus? Was Marquieff the one that was good, or was Marcus the one that has been good this year?
    David "And One" West

Quote Originally Posted by Pacergeek View Post
    which Morris is the good one? I got Marquieff on my fantasy team, was told I messed up, and now I see that Marcus had the better game tonight. Do I drop Marquieff and add Marcus? Was Marquieff the one that was good, or was Marcus the one that has been good this year?
    Markieff has been the one playing better.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Well, my team is pretty ****ing bad right now, but I can safely say we're not Sacramento-bad. We have that to build on at least.

KCP starting was a good step forward. Excellent defense even if he didn't score a lot.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    Markieff has been the one playing better.
    I think it's important to agree that Markieff is the one playing better.
    “The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.”
    ― Neil deGrasse Tyson

Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar

Spurs are humming along, with a 7 game win streak and 9-1 overall record. If it weren't for us, people would be talking more about them.

Or maybe not. They're the Spurs, this kind of thing is expected for them

Quote Originally Posted by rock747 View Post
    The best part of this video is Chalmers running over to mom and dad, err, Spolstra and LeBron, to explain himself. He looked just like a little kid that got caught pushing another kid in the sandbox.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to xIndyFan For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by xIndyFan View Post
    The best part of this video is Chalmers running over to mom and dad, err, Spolstra and LeBron, to explain himself. He looked just like a little kid that got caught pushing another kid in the sandbox.
    I had the same reaction that I did when Tom Crean started screaming at that Michigan assistant after they won the Big Ten basketball title. What the heck was he thinking? What did Nowitzki do to deserve that?

What was funny watching it on TV was they showed LeBron and others watching it on the big screen while they were reviewing it. After they showed it, you could see LeBron shaking his head and mouthing "Not good. Not good."
    UncleBuck:

"See how stupid those fans sound complaining about the officials. That is one reason why I hate when Pacers fans complain about the refs - does not come across well at all, no matter the merit. "

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by shags View Post
    I had the same reaction that I did when Tom Crean started screaming at that Michigan assistant after they won the Big Ten basketball title. What the heck was he thinking? What did Nowitzki do to deserve that?
    Is that the moment when he said to him among the lines "You ruined the basketball program"?

Odd Thought 2006.
    I wasn't following the team closely back then but what was Peja's short stay with the Pacers like? Disaster? Success? Mediocrity?
    You **** up once, you lose two teeth

Quote Originally Posted by Johanvil View Post
    Odd Thought 2006.
    I wasn't following the team closely back then but what was Peja's short stay with the Pacers like? Disaster? Success? Mediocrity?
    Not a success, for sure, and definitely closer to disaster. It didn't seem like he wanted to be here. I'm not sure we really wanted him either (after all, the main goal of that transaction was probably to unload Artest). If I am remembering properly, the guy took off a couple playoff games to "recuperate" from "injury". I don't consider him a Pacer.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LoneGranger33 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Take a look at this:

http://nbacouchside.com/2013/11/14/v...low-your-mind/

This could be seriously groundbreaking. I mean, they are even keeping track of block outs and when a player dribbles with his right or left hand

Here's a small sample of Stephen Curry -> http://www.vantagesports.com/
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014

Ok, I'll admit it, I hate advanced statistics. I want to watch basketball, not do math. Boo, math!

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LoneGranger33 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Chalmers suspended one game for his shot to Dirk. TBH, Dirk is my favorite NBA player of all-time and even I think that is a pretty harsh penalty. Looked like Dalembert hooked his arm, and Chalmers was fighting his way out and happened to strike Dirk upside the head. I was okay with him getting tossed but an extra game getting tacked on to that is pretty excessive.

Quote Originally Posted by Johanvil View Post
    Is that the moment when he said to him among the lines "You ruined the basketball program"?

Odd Thought 2006.

Peja put up very good numbers in his 40 games as a Pacer and the team made the playoffs. But he seemed to be more concerned about his 2006 free agent status than anything else. He talked about his intention to opt out of his contract while the season was still going on (though it was obvious that's what he'd do) and only played in two of the playoff games against New Jersey.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    Peja put up very good numbers in his 40 games as a Pacer and the team made the playoffs. But he seemed to be more concerned about his 2006 free agent status than anything else. He talked about his intention to opt out of his contract while the season was still going on (though it was obvious that's what he'd do) and only played in two of the playoff games against New Jersey.
    Here's an article from 2006 about his knee injury in the playoffs:

The Pacers did have an MRI performed that revealed no structural damage, which is good news, but it will be a matter of relieving the swelling and reducing the pain. Stojakovic's status for Game 3 is uncertain but Carlisle said he was "hopeful" his team's primary perimeter threat would be able to play.

http://www.pacersdigest.com/showthre...-Affect-Pacers

I'm a bit fuzzy on the details since it's been almost eight years and that's an era of Pacers basketball that I've tried to wipe from my memory, but the fact that there was no structural damage to his knee is why a lot of people were disappointed in him for not playing more than two games in that New Jersey series. That, combined with the fact that he was talking about opting out in the middle of the season, led many to believe that he was far more concerned about his upcoming free agency than he was helping the Pacers. You have to tread lightly when you criticize a guy for not playing hurt, but his actions didn't exactly scream toughness.

We actually won the two games he played that series. He wasn't himself, but he did help. That's why people were upset when he didn't play. This guy was a very solid basketball player.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/.../gamelog/2006/

can't wait to see this v Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

I won't embed it since it's a Vine but this is hilarious, Coach Sheed can still get up

https://vine.co/v/htruQ5qVMii

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
    Chalmers suspended one game for his shot to Dirk. TBH, Dirk is my favorite NBA player of all-time and even I think that is a pretty harsh penalty. Looked like Dalembert hooked his arm, and Chalmers was fighting his way out and happened to strike Dirk upside the head. I was okay with him getting tossed but an extra game getting tacked on to that is pretty excessive.
    At this point in time, i do not believe anything like this a player on the Heat does is an accident. Way too many times when they have "accidentally" hit someone.

Quote Originally Posted by SycamoreKen View Post
    At this point in time, i do not believe anything like this a player on the Heat does is an accident. Way too many times when they have "accidentally" hit someone.
    yeah, this. They play the game the way it has to be played, right on the edge. So when they stray over the edge, there is no reason to give them any benefit of the doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by SycamoreKen View Post
    Especially chalmers has been part of a lot of "accidental" hits

30. The Following User Says Thank You to ThA HoyA For This Useful Post:

can't wait to see this v Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

damn, Klay Thompson's putting up 20 points on 55%?