Page 45 of 248 FirstFirst ... 354142434445464748495595145 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,125 of 6200

Thread: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

The Pistons suck....anyone with any intelligence knew they would when they brought in Smith and Jennings....Dumars is clueless and has proven so for many many years now...great player...incompetent GM who got lucky one time....lets hope he stays there so he can keep his team where it rightly belongs...in the basement along with the city...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to cinotimz For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

Watched the start of the game and it's amazing how sometimes Smith doesn't feel trying and will jack up another shot. It's really irritating cause the lane is open sometimes, you know he has excellent ability to drive but no he will stay where he is and will shoot the ball.

I don't like Stan Van Gundy a lot but we thank him for this compliment

You **** up once, you lose two teeth

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Johanvil For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by cinotimz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Pistons suck....anyone with any intelligence knew they would when they brought in Smith and Jennings....Dumars is clueless and has proven so for many many years now...great player...incompetent GM who got lucky one time....lets hope he stays there so he can keep his team where it rightly belongs...in the basement along with the city...
    I don't get why some people get so much enjoyment out of trolling our resident Pistons fans when those people have nothing but good words to say about our team.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Denver really dumb enough to trade Faried for Shumpert?

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/6433/kenneth-faried

Maybe he's the only big that has any value, but not a very good reason to trade him especially for Shumpert.
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right.” ― Ricky Gervais.

What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    I don't get why some people get so much enjoyment out of trolling our resident Pistons fans when those people have nothing but good words to say about our team.
    Because he gets so riled up, it's hilarious. Also, his delivery is awfully condescending about 80% of the time so it's hard not to poke at him when his strongly held opinions backfire.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Call me a troll, but I really enjoy watching the Pistons lose (and probably always will). I have nothing against KStat or shags, who I think are both good basketball fans...I'm sure they understand there are some Pistons haters on a Pacers message board.
    Last edited by imawhat; 11-13-2013 at 04:01 PM.

I mean if it makes me a troll to see they are a train wreck, then so be it. If you've watched them for 10 minutes it would be tough not to come away with the same feeling.

Josh Smith got benched for a huge portion of the game in Oakland last night.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

There's nothing wrong with enjoying a team you don't like losing games, it's when it crosses over to specifying certain posters or enjoying the struggles of an actual city itself that I think it becomes pretty bad.

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    shags is a bit silly at times, but is otherwise harmless. KStat's a full-blown troll.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    Because he gets so riled up, it's hilarious. Also, his delivery is awfully condescending about 80% of the time so it's hard not to poke at him when his strongly held opinions backfire.
    I guess that I just don't find it fun to poke a fellow poster. My sense of humor is a bit weird as I have said in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by imawhat View Post
    Call me a troll, but I really enjoy watching the Pistons lose (and probably always will). I have nothing against KStat or shags, who I think are both good basketball fans...I'm sure they understand there are some Pistons haters on a Pacers message board.
    Nothing wrong with disliking the Pistons. I understand that there is a history between their team and ours.

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    I mean if it makes me a troll to see they are a train wreck, then so be it. If you've watched them for 10 minutes it would be tough not to come away with the same feeling.

Nah, it doesn't make you a troll to call them a train wreck or anything. I'd just say that it's too early to judge them as a team. Personally, I disagreed with the Jennings trade as I consider Knight to be a better player than him but I had nothing against the Smith signing. He has a lot of value on the defensive end and Detroit could form a great defense with him and Drummond.

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    There's nothing wrong with enjoying a team you don't like losing games, it's when it crosses over to specifying certain posters or enjoying the struggles of an actual city itself that I think it becomes pretty bad.
    Yep, exactly. That was my point.

Quote Originally Posted by GrangeRusHibbert View Post
    shags is a bit silly at times, but is otherwise harmless. KStat's a full-blown troll.
    Disagreed. Both are good posters, imo.

Panopticon

-------------

13/4/2014

Robbie Hummel is starting tonight for Minny in place of Kevin Martin

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Robbie Hummel is starting tonight for Minny in place of Kevin Martin
    Adelman is a very smart man.

The guy defends his team like any fan would. I wouldn't call him a troll though.
    "I've got an idea--an idea so smart that my head would explode if I even began to know what I'm talking about." - Peter Griffin

19. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DGPR For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Mood

The Sixers have very underrated young talent.

I'm not sure how underrated it is rather than just young.

Totally disagree. KStat is one of the smartest posters on this board in my opinion. He's a little rose colored when it comes to his own team but so what, who isn't.

23. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to King Tuts Tomb For This Useful Post:

The Timberwolves have been the best 1st quarter team in the league. Even with Martin out they put up 38 tonight (good output from Hummel though)

The highest number of assists the Rockets have had all season is 21. They already have 25 in the 3rd quarter. Harden = black hole?

It's not your post that upset me. I didn't watch the game, but it seems like the Pistons were a train wreck last night. You're just calling them like you see them. Nothing wrong with that.
    UncleBuck:

"See how stupid those fans sound complaining about the officials. That is one reason why I hate when Pacers fans complain about the refs - does not come across well at all, no matter the merit. "

27. The Following User Says Thank You to shags For This Useful Post:

it's James Anderson's world

Sam Hinkie's probably like the Cleveland Indians owner in Major League.
    UncleBuck:

"See how stupid those fans sound complaining about the officials. That is one reason why I hate when Pacers fans complain about the refs - does not come across well at all, no matter the merit. "

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shags For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by King Tuts Tomb View Post
    Totally disagree. Shags is one of the smartest posters on this board in my opinion. He's a little rose colored when it comes to his own team but so what, who isn't. But most importantly he knows hes on a Pacers board and respects such and is most often times complimentary of the Pacers instead of looking for every opportunity to disparage them.
    There....fixed.

I would even say in spite of my bitter hatred for the Pistons and Pistons fans, I have the utmost respect for Shags and he is one of my personal favorites on this board for his concise and well thought out insight.

Who says no?

Evan Turner from Philly to Cleveland for Earl Clark, Tyler Zeller, and a lottery protected first round pick
    UncleBuck:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by shags View Post
    Who says no?

Evan Turner from Philly to Cleveland for Earl Clark, Tyler Zeller, and a lottery protected first round pick
    Philly. I think that they can get more than that for Turner.

Panopticon

-------------

13/4/2014

Sports Logo

Korver is heating up in the NY-ATL game. Plus, the Hawks are getting several lay-ups and dunks because the Knicks have no rim protection without Chandler.

Panopticon

-------------

13/4/2014