Page 41 of 248 FirstFirst ... 313738394041424344455191141 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,025 of 6200

Thread: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar

Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

Quote Originally Posted by Major Cold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Of the teams in the East with the most surprising start, which one is more likely to make the playoffs and why?
    Magic- 3-2
    Philly- 3-2
    Bobcats- 3-2
    If Orlando can keep defending the way they've been doing, they're a sure lock for the playoffs. They're currently 4th in the league in defensive rating. So impressive for such a young team. Btw, GSW is 2nd (!) - call it the Bogut-Iguodala effect.

The Sixers' hot start is a fluke IMO. They'll end up among the worst teams in the league (as they wanted).

I don't think the Bobcats are very good. Still need to see them with Al Jeff though (but he's not exactly a winning player either).

Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

Quote Originally Posted by hoosierguy View Post
    No point in arguing with that guy, he has IU Derangement Syndrome- a mental disorder characterized by irrational, borderline psychotic hatred of Indiana University. It's most commonly found in Purdue fans but seems to have spread to Butler fans as well in recent years. No known cure. Quarantine and social exclusion are recommended treatments.
    Jesus. You're like a parody of yourself at this point.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

-Lance Stephenson

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BRushWithDeath For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by hoosierguy View Post
    No point in arguing with that guy, he has IU Derangement Syndrome- a mental disorder characterized by irrational, borderline psychotic hatred of Indiana University. It's most commonly found in Purdue fans but seems to have spread to Butler fans as well in recent years. No known cure. Quarantine and social exclusion are recommended treatments.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by BRushWithDeath View Post
    Jesus. You're like a parody of yourself at this point.
    Maybe he is just really metta humor.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Pacergeek View Post
    Clippers are overrated.
    I actually agree with you they aren't making it to the Finals

After the Vikings/Redskins game I saw the end of the Rockets/Lakers game that was a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by aamcguy View Post
    Shaw playing Denver with very strange rotations. The only guys playing 30 minutes or more are Ty Lawson and Randy Foye. They're going 11 players deep while two of their bests players sit out, and he's barely given any of them starters minutes. I haven't watched any of their games, maybe they have nobody that's ready for big minutes yet, but it seems odd.
    I haven't had the chance to watch them yet: Are they trying some kind of pressure basketball and he's doing this to keep their legs under them?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

They're doing the opposite. He's coaching Denver to play like Indiana. It isn't working.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

check out Lin calling the play in crunch time and Harden just completely ignoring him

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    check out Lin calling the play in crunch time and Harden just completely ignoring him

That wasn't the only time. IT happened several times late in that game where they never had a good play run.

Wtf is going through Harden's head??

That late ISO was AWFUL.
    Find me on the internets @mattiecolin

Read it and weep:

When George Hill is above 15% usage we won 73.5% of games. Below 15% usage we won 61.9%

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    They're doing the opposite. He's coaching Denver to play like Indiana. It isn't working.
    I think even their style of play is alright, because Shaw's letting them play lots of uptempo offense. But like you said, it's not working in the half court because none of their guards really trust their bigs down low, and when the bigs do get it the shot's definitely going up. Basically, they only play as a team when they're running the break.

I think I understand their minute distribution now though. They committed lots of money this offseason to JJ Hickson, JaVale McGee, and Nate Robinson. Hickson and McGee are being badly outplayed by Mozgov and Faried, and though Nate is playing well it's hard to play a guy that undersized lots of minutes when your point guard who plays 37 minutes a game is not much taller.

I think they'd be better off starting Mozgov and playing him solid minutes. He's much more consistent on offense and he's far more disciplined on defense. McGee misses out on a lot of shot contest opportunities because he's trying to slide over at the last minute and send the ball 12 rows into the stands.
    Last edited by aamcguy; 11-08-2013 at 02:12 PM.
    “The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.”
    ― Neil deGrasse Tyson

13. The Following User Says Thank You to aamcguy For This Useful Post:

Weather report for tonights Pacers game:

Find me on the internets @mattiecolin

Read it and weep:

When George Hill is above 15% usage we won 73.5% of games. Below 15% usage we won 61.9%

15. The Following User Says Thank You to mattie For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by mattie View Post
    That wasn't the only time. IT happened several times late in that game where they never had a good play run.

That late ISO was AWFUL.
    The sports talk guys here made a big deal of the lakers guarding Howard with one guy and him only getting 13 shots. Ate he and harden a bad pairing like he and Bryant were.

They made a bigger deal about hardens off the ball defense. He is horrible.

Sports Logo

Weather report for tonights Pacers game:

does that mean?
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by SycamoreKen View Post
    The sports talk guys here made a big deal of the lakers guarding Howard with one guy and him only getting 13 shots. Ate he and harden a bad pairing like he and Bryant were.

It looks like an intramural team IMHO. There is no offensive game plan, as it's spread the floor out, give the ball to Harden and watch him step back for a 3, flail and hope for a foul, or he kicks it out to a shooter. Defensively?
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right.” ― Ricky Gervais.

What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by SycamoreKen View Post

I get back to what i said before about D12 on the Rockets....their offense just doesn't suit him. Asik is a better fit because he's defense first and offense 2nd. One can justify paying Asik what he is paid because he doesn't need to score for him to earn his paycheck....any scoring that he provides ( which he is a decent offensive Player ) is pure icing to me. 13 touches for Asik...IMHO is not a problem given how much he is paid. D12 maybe better at doing what Asik does...and is better offensive ( or even Defensive ) Player than Asik is....but is the $13+ mil a year more that D12 is owed over Asik worth it for a Player averaging 10 FGA a game?

If he is...then having a Player like Asik IMHO...is a luxury that the Rockets have. At some point, they should just trade him for an asset that makes more sense to address whatever weaknesses they have.
    Last edited by CableKC; 11-08-2013 at 04:09 PM.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Sports Logo

That late ISO was AWFUL.
    I sense that there will be some tension between Lin and Harden. Add in that I suspect that D12 isn't going to be entirely happy with his role on the offense ( 11 FGA a game ? ) , I can see some Chemistry issues for the Rockets down the road.

Would the Rockets be better if they traded Lin for a ComboGuard ( a la some GH type Player ) that can play off-the-ball while having the offense run through Harden?

Saw on twitter last night prior to the Houston game that Howard is only shooting 36% in post up situations. That's Tyler shooting jumpshots last year.
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right.” ― Ricky Gervais.

What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    Saw on twitter last night prior to the Houston game that Howard is only shooting 36% in post up situations. That's Tyler shooting jumpshots last year.
    It's because he doesn't really have any offensive skills, besides being strong and athletic. He refuses to the pick and roll because he thinks he can go 1v1, and it's dumb.

Howard's douchiness is already rubbing off on Harden.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Doddage View Post
    Howard's douchiness is already rubbing off on Harden.
    I suspect that it was already there.

Steve Clifford, the Bobcats coach, had two heart stents put in so Patrick Ewing's going to have his head coaching debut tonight. Charlotte's playing the Knicks.

Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Steve Clifford, the Bobcats coach, had two heart stents put in so Patrick Ewing's going to have his head coaching debut tonight. Charlotte's playing the Knicks.
    NBAtv if you have multiple televisions.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

-Lance Stephenson

Miles Plumlee is so much fun to watch.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Strummer For This Useful Post:

Steven Adams of OKC is pretty decent. He makes that Harden trade 2 to 3 percent better for the Thunder.

He might start for the Thunder ahead of Perkins eventually. Or at least make it easier to amnesty Perkins next season.
    Last edited by shags; 11-08-2013 at 09:35 PM.
    UncleBuck:

"See how stupid those fans sound complaining about the officials. That is one reason why I hate when Pacers fans complain about the refs - does not come across well at all, no matter the merit. "

Sports Logo

Nene with a huge putback sends the game to overtime.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014