Page 35 of 248 FirstFirst ... 253132333435363738394585135 ... LastLast

Thread: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    True but at least with Noel you can sell that he has star potential, Bennett might end up been a good player but he doesn't have star potential.
    I think Gilbert doesn't want to wait, and may not see the same star potential in a guy that led Kentucky to the NIT (and I know he was hurt at the end).

Gilbert's post-LeBron grace period in Cleveland is over. If the Cavs bottom out again, with two #1 picks and two #4 picks on the team, he's going to look really bad.
    Last edited by Kstat; 11-05-2013 at 06:31 PM.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post
    Jody Genessy ‏@DJJazzyJody 6m

Jazz shooting guard Brandon Rush will play tonight for the first time since injuring his knee with the Warriors a year ago.
    STEEL CAGE MATCH:

Brandon Rush versus Utah Marijuana Laws

Two enter--one leaves alive!

3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to dal9 For This Useful Post:

Wow Lakers are getting massacred out there by the Mavs. That's fun!

And the Knicks are losing against the Bobkitties. That's fun!

And I'm happy for GG and Miles. They're doing good out there against the Pelicans. A surprising 3-1 start for the Suns.
    Last edited by 15th parallel; 11-05-2013 at 10:15 PM.

Banned

If Monta keeps playing Monta ball he is going to be an all star this year 23, 4 and 4 so far this year.

If Monta keeps playing Monta ball he is going to be an all star this year 23, 4 and 4 so far this year.
    Too early to tell, but I think Monta has found a home in Mavs. Dirk needs someone who can be another option on offense and Monta offers just that. If they can somehow find a big man to defend their interior then I see them making another shot at contention with the last few years of Dirk.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 15th parallel View Post
    Too early to tell, but I think Monta has found a home in Mavs. Dirk needs someone who can be another option on offense and Monta offers just that. If they can somehow find a big man to defend their interior then I see them making another shot at contention with the last few years of Dirk.
    Yeah they need a big man but I'm not sure who they can get, Gasol? I have no idea.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by PacerDude View Post
    Yeah. Bennett is fat. Granger isn't.
    You could say that, I guess
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014

Cleveland's biggest mistake wasn't what they did this draft (even though not picking Vic was a mistake), but rather their decision to pass up on Drummond last year. I had Drummond as the second best player in the draft last year after Davis. He's going to be a beast for many years to come, and a combo of him and Kyrie would have been incredible.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Zach Harper ‏@talkhoops 4m

We're a week in. RT @Indyvnzla81: @talkhoops all star this year for sure, finally a coach knows how to use him.

Retweet
    Favorite

Zach Harper ‏@talkhoops 3m

@Indyvnzla81 are you a family member of his? Don't blame coaches for his terrible play the last few years. That's so lazy.

Last edited by Sandman21; 11-05-2013 at 11:13 PM.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post
    Zach Harper ‏@talkhoops 4m

We're a week in. RT @Indyvnzla81: @talkhoops all star this year for sure, finally a coach knows how to use him.

Retweet
    Favorite

Zach Harper ‏@talkhoops 3m

@Indyvnzla81 are you a family member of his? Don't blame coaches for his terrible play the last few years. That's so lazy.

Lol that guy always hated Monta Ellis I was waiting for him to say anything

If instead of Monta that was Rubio OMG we would be all over him.

Banned

Damn Bledsoe is putting crazy numbers what the Clippers got for him again? Phoenix robbed LA.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Lol that guy always hated Monta Ellis I was waiting for him to say anything

If instead of Monta that was Rubio OMG we would be all over him.
    Waiting for him to say anything? You tweeted directly at him....

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    Waiting for him to say anything? You tweeted directly at him....
    Nope, I'm pretty sure you have twitter too not sure why you don't confirm it first before making s*** up.

Here is his first tweet: @talkhoops: Is it possible for someone to win Most Improved twice in a career? Because Monta Ellis...

Nope, I'm pretty sure you have twitter too not sure why you don't confirm it first before making s*** up.

Here is his first tweet: @talkhoops: Is it possible for someone to win Most Improved twice in a career? Because Monta Ellis...
    Yeah I follow Zach Harper, he was complimenting Monta, not hating on him.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Banned

@Indyvnzla81: Fan Night: Mark Cuban http://t.co/WD4oxotuIn

I like how Cuban think I agree with him.
    Last edited by vnzla81; 11-06-2013 at 12:21 AM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    Yeah I follow Zach Harper, he was complimenting Monta, not hating on him.
    He was sarcastic if you know him he doesn't like Monta.

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

If anyone wins most improved player twice this year it should be Paul George; he went from solid player to all-star, 3rd team all nba last year; this year so far he's all world.

Too bad Paul won't start the all-star game with the east currently constructed, Lebron and Melo will get all the votes.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Not Cousins finest night. great comeback by the Kings. only a 3pt game crazy. Teague dominated the first 3 qters but Kings finally limited dribble pentration

Banned

By the way talking about most improved who is most improved so far? Bledsoe?

can't wait to see this v Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

PG

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    PG
    @AlexKennedyNBA: Eric Bledsoe is currently averaging 22.75 points, 7.75 assists, 5.75 rebounds and 2.25 steals for the 3-1 Phoenix Suns. #MostImprovedPlayer

Um..Lance.

Most Improved is such a ridiculous award. It should be limited to only players in their first three years or only players after their first three years. Something like that. How can you compare the improvement of Bledsoe who was obviously going to improve with the improvement of someone like Jalen Rose in 2000 who had been in the league several years already.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rexnom For This Useful Post:

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by rexnom View Post
    Most Improved is such a ridiculous award. It should be limited to only players in their first three years or only players after their first three years. Something like that. How can you compare the improvement of Bledsoe who was obviously going to improve with the improvement of someone like Jalen Rose in 2000 who had been in the league several years already.
    I agree that the award is hard to judge. I think pretty much most any rookie to 2nd year should be excluded from the award, especially ones that were fairly successful year 1 (like Anthony Davis), a rookie is supposed to improve somewhat. Going from nowhere to somewhere would obviously be the easiest candidate but that rarely happens in the NBA (Linsanity is one of the few I can remember).

Bledsoe is probably going to be an early candidate, but its hard to be great when you're playing behind CP3. If Lance continues, I think he has a decent shot at it, especially if the Pacers have a top record.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

Paul George.
    UncleBuck:

"See how stupid those fans sound complaining about the officials. That is one reason why I hate when Pacers fans complain about the refs - does not come across well at all, no matter the merit. "