Page 33 of 248 FirstFirst ... 232930313233343536374383133 ... LastLast
Results 801 to 825 of 6200

Thread: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

  1. #801
    assuming PG gets back... Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    13,291

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacergeek View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How terrible has Bennett been? Him being picked number one is a total disaster, and I cannot believe the scouts whiffed so badly on him. Should Bennett have even been a first rounder or drafted at all? This guy could be worse than Olowakandi and Kwame
    is this real life?

  2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:


  3. #802
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

    Not a huge fan of Howard/Asik at the same time that's going to suck.

  4. #803

    Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thankfully, Oladipo wasn't injured. My point is that you can expect players coming off of injury to be out of shape.
    Out of shape and overweight are two totally different things. Nothing about being injured requires a player to put on weight.

  5. #804
    Member Pacergeek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    3,630

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    is this real life?
    what do you mean. Do you think Bennett is good? LOL. Terrible, inexcusable draft pick. You had Oladipo staring at you in the face, and you pass for Anthony friggin Bennett.
    David "And One" West

  6. #805

    Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

    This is why people don't want Howard playing the Post, he doesn't have the skill yet to convert. He is like 30% conversion rate in post-ups.

  7. #806
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    19,861

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

    Quote Originally Posted by Mad-Mad-Mario View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Out of shape and overweight are two totally different things. Nothing about being injured requires a player to put on weight.
    Agreed. I never said that I think that he looks overweight. I think that he just is out of shape.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  8. #807
    Redemption. docpaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Noblesville, IN
    Posts
    1,686

    Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacergeek View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How terrible has Bennett been? Him being picked number one is a total disaster, and I cannot believe the scouts whiffed so badly on him. Should Bennett have even been a first rounder or drafted at all? This guy could be worse than Olowakandi and Kwame
    We should come back to this quote in a few years. I think Bennett will grow into a beast, but he needs some time and maturation. He's 2016 David West in the making, IMO.

  9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to docpaul For This Useful Post:


  10. #808
    yawn cgg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Delray Beach, FL
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,956

    Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

    2 undefeated teams left
    "Danny Granger is one of the top players in the league. To move Danny, you better get a lot back." - Larry Bird

  11. #809
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    3,656
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

    Has there ever been so few unbeaten teams left this early in a season?

  12. #810

    Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

    One now

  13. #811

    Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

    Quote Originally Posted by docpaul View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We should come back to this quote in a few years. I think Bennett will grow into a beast, but he needs some time and maturation. He's 2016 David West in the making, IMO.
    Bennett looks bigger on the court than his measurements suggest. Taller I mean. He is only 6-7 in shoes, so he will have to improve his athleticism, i.e. lose weight, to avoid being another Thomas Robinson or Derrick Williams or Michael Beasley. Tweeners all.

  14. #812
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    31,605

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

    Quote Originally Posted by shags View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He was hurt. He had a shoulder injury that stopped him from working out for four months during the summer.
    Shoulder=no cardio?

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  15. #813
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    31,605

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Anthony Bennett is now working on 30+ career minutes without a basket. He's 0-7.
    Reverse Jason Kidd!

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  16. #814
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    31,605

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    http://espn.go.com/nba/draft2013/sto...ery-agent-says

    He injured his shoulder in May and had to miss up to 4 months of basketball activity. That's why he looks like that.
    The shoulder bones connected to the leg bone...I don't remember that song.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  17. #815
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    31,605

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thankfully, Oladipo wasn't injured. My point is that you can expect players coming off of injury to be out of shape.
    Does Danny Granger look like he was eating value meals every day for the past year?



    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  18. #816
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Does Danny Granger look like he was eating value meals every day for the past year?
    Look at Amare and he has been hurt forever.

  19. #817
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    31,605

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

    It would be different if the guy's weight wasn't an issue in college and it was like damn this injury just really slowed me down. But this was the EXACT thing he was criticized for in school.

    The Cavs out thought themselves plain and simple. They had Oladipo staring them in the face and they tried to get cute. It's not based off of three games or 100 games, it's just based off the fact that this decision was really pretty easy to make.

    Oladipo had all the measurables, he had the work ethic, he has a great personality, and there was no clear cut superstar in the draft that made you say yeah Oladipo should go 2. The Cavs tried to get way too creative and they ended up picking a guy who probably should have gone more like 7 or 8.

    I do think Bennett will end up being an OK player, like maybe a 10 and 8 guy off the bench for his career, but the Cavs had the chance to pair Kyrie with a great slashing two and instead they picked up a guy who is never going to beat out Thompson for playing time.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


  21. #818
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

    Quote Originally Posted by docpaul View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We should come back to this quote in a few years. I think Bennett will grow into a beast, but he needs some time and maturation. He's 2016 David West in the making, IMO.
    If I was a GM and I had the number one pick overall I'll be expecting my pick to be much better than David West, the number one pick is supposed to be a franchise player somebody that can turn your franchise around, I'll be dissapointed if I was a Cavs fan.

  22. #819
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    31,605

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

    Quote Originally Posted by docpaul View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We should come back to this quote in a few years. I think Bennett will grow into a beast, but he needs some time and maturation. He's 2016 David West in the making, IMO.
    Good God just no.

    David West was a fantastic physical specimen coming out of Xavier.

    He has a 7' 4.25" wing span. Which is just insane for someone that is 6'8.25" without shoes. Darko's wingspan that year was 7'5" and he is almost 4 inches taller than West. On top of that, West measured out at 8% body fat. The same as Chris Bosh in that draft. West actually has a longer wingpsan than Bosh and nearly the same standing reach.

    Bennett didn't do all the tests, but we do know he measured out at 6'7" in shoes and he weighs at least 255 right now (but almost certainly more). Bennett's reach of 7'1" is still pretty good, but nearly 3 inches shorter than West. You know when David hits those ridiculous turn arounds? Think about the extra space he's able to create with his long arms. Bennett will never be West.

    He could however be 2016 Mike Sweetney.
    Last edited by Trader Joe; 11-05-2013 at 12:40 PM.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  23. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


  24. #820
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

    @netw3rk: Never a good sign when you make Dray Blatche look like svelte by comparison. http://t.co/Ct1VuEyKmu

  25. #821

    Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown



    Pretty awesome.

  26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to immortality For This Useful Post:


  27. #822
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    31,605

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

    Shelby is on the IU softball team.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  28. #823
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    19,861

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Does Danny Granger look like he was eating value meals every day for the past year?


    No but Danny Granger and Anthony Bennett have different body types.

    I think that the disconnect comes from the fact that I didn't watch Bennett in college. Therefore, I don't really know how he looked before the injury so I cannot make a comparison. I just assume that he has always been a bulky forward and that on top of his natural bulk he now looks extremely out of shape due to being months removed from any basketball activities.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  29. #824

    Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

    Quote Originally Posted by khaos01207 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is Pacers digest, people know everything about a player or team after 1 quarter

    A great many felt after 1-1.5 yr to Evan Turner was a wash out after being drafted #2. Some feel the same about Derrick Williams a year later drafted at #2.

    I've never written either off. Not all players develop as quickly as many feel they should.

  30. #825
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,259

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

    Are we really going to imply that fat guys can't play in the NBA? Did Charles Barkley and Zach Randolph just cease to exist?

    Bennett's problem isn't that he's fat. He's been fat his whole life. His problem is he has no low post game to utilize his big body, and he is not going to beat anybody on the perimeter trying to blow by guys 50lbs lighter on their feet.

    The red flag on Bennett skill-wise was always that he's a PF that plays like a SF. And at his body type, those types really struggle in the NBA because they can't move their feet well enough to play SF, and they lack the skills to play PF.

    Advanced metrics loved Bennett's offense at UNLV, but the Cavs' draft strategy post-LeBron only shows how imperfect that data is. It served them well with Kyrie Irving, but it led them to draft two players in Waiters and Bennett that maybe they should have given the eye test a little more. Thompson is more of a wash because the numbers projected him as a defensive stopper, when he's actually better than anticipated on offense, and very mediocre on D.
    Last edited by Kstat; 11-05-2013 at 05:40 PM.

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  31. The Following User Says Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •