Page 31 of 248 FirstFirst ... 212728293031323334354181131 ... LastLast

Thread: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

Banned

Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Who in Cleveland will be fired for drafting Bennett over Oladipo.

It should be the owner I bet he is the one that made that stupid decision, Cleveland has sucked at surrounding Kyrie and is a huge tragedy I think.

Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

Cleveland's got Waiters. I think Waiters is a 3rd guard at best (so does Jim Boeheim), but when you invest a top 4 pick a GM's not going to draft the same position the very next draft. Right or wrong, that's just how it is. I'm just glad all those top 5 picks Cleveland racked up wound up being Kyrie/Waiters/Bennett/Thompson instead of Kyrie/Oladipo/Barnes/Valanciunas.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Cleveland's got Waiters. I think Waiters is a 3rd guard at best (so does Jim Boeheim), but when you invest a top 4 pick a GM's not going to draft the same position the very next draft. Right or wrong, that's just how it is. I'm just glad all those top 5 picks Cleveland racked up wound up being Kyrie/Waiters/Bennett/Thompson instead of Kyrie/Oladipo/Barnes/Valanciunas.
    They had a chance to be OKC east and they blew it.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

That is funny because that lineup is almost exactly how I had thoes players rated predraft. Only difference would be McLemore over Vic but I love both of them. It is funny the only player I liked a bit that they picked was Bennett but I didn't have him near #1. I hated Waiters and Thompson especially top 5. Harrison Barnes not going top 5 was a joke just goes to shoe beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I had him ranked #2 his year until I fell in love with Lillard..

Maybe if Bennett was in decent basketball shape, he might be an adequate player. But right now, he looks like a second rounder to me from what I saw Saturday night.

Bennett's got a lot of Derrick Williams in him. That's not a knock like it probably sounds, Williams just hasn't learned to be a smallball stretch 4 type like he needs to, drafting is all projection. Same with Bennett, Cleveland seems to want to make him a wing and that's just not going to happen. Trade Varejao for a pick and a contract, just let Thompson man the 5 until/if Bynum's able to play and stick Bennett on the block sacrificial lamb style because that kid's probably always going to be a negative defender, let alone on the perimeter.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    That was some impressive passing indeed. It makes sense since Smith and Monroe are great passers and Drummond is an amazing finisher with really good hands. It's why the Smith-Monroe-Drummond line-up could work offensively.
    on an unrelated note, i love those alternate jerseys.

Quote Originally Posted by Frostwolf View Post
    on an unrelated note, i love those alternate jerseys.
    like KStat said a while back, "Motown" would be a lot cooler. But I dig Motor City too.

Banned

Is Bennett probably a worse pick that Kwame Brown?

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    It should be the owner I bet he is the one that made that stupid decision, Cleveland has sucked at surrounding Kyrie and is a huge tragedy I think.
    They sucked surrounding LeBron with any talent, and it hasn't changed with Kyrie.

absolutely not.

I think so. At the time, Kwame had tons of talent. Just because he didn't live up to that talent, doesn't means he was worse pick than Bennett. Bennett is absolutely worse based off a talent perspective. No one had Bennett going number 1, and there were certainly better players on the board. Cavs should have done everything in their power to trade the pick. Probably should have shot for the moon with Noel. Let him sit a year, suck during the regular season and get another high pick. Bennett is a SF and looks like he'll always have weight issues. Next year's draft is super loaded with SF. Should have waited to take a SF then.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

Banned

absolutely not.
    So you think Bennett is going to be in the NBA for a long time like Kwame? I think is hard to see that happening.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    I think so. At the time, Kwame had tons of talent. Just because he didn't live up to that talent, doesn't means he was worse pick than Bennett. Bennett is absolutely worse based off a talent perspective. No one had Bennett going number 1, and there were certainly better players on the board. Cavs should have done everything in their power to trade the pick. Probably should have shot for the moon with Noel. Let him sit a year, suck during the regular season and get another high pick. Bennett is a SF and looks like he'll always have weight issues. Next year's draft is super loaded with SF. Should have waited to take a SF then.
    This post is laughable the guy has played a few games. Plenty of people had him going #1. There was no consensus #1 I had McLemore #1 he went 7th. I know Tbird loves the guy(pretty sure he had him #1 I would have to double check) and I love his offensive skill set. I just dropped him based on his motor and how lazy he was in college. He reminds me in so many ways of what Charles Barkley was like in college. I read Charles was pushing 300+ and was lazy as f n college, but he turned it around in the pros.

They took the best player available in their opinion and it could be wrong, but that is not true. If you don't think Bennent is offensively talented than you must be blind.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:

So you think Bennett is going to be in the NBA for a long time like Kwame? I think is hard to see that happening.
    I don't know who'll last last longer, Kwame's got size obviously and that's clearly valuable, but he's not the bum people like to make him out to be. I'd welcome him as Roy's backup with open arms. Bennett's legitimately gifted offensively, there's no reason other than being lazy (and dumb coaches and front offices trying to make him a wing) he couldn't mirror the 2nd half of David West's on court career. Bennett's really skilled, during the draft I was rosterbating him falling to the back of the lotto and us making a move to get him and have West mentor him.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

It's literally 3 games into his career.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PacersHomer For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I don't care if you did take Waiters the year before, you don't pass on a guy like Oladipo. A top 5 athletic talent who also has the drive to improve? It's a no brainer especially over an undersized guy with asthma and significant weight issues.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Plus Bennett is more redundant when you already have Thompson.

Banned

I would have drafted best player available and I don't care if the guy is a point guard, Cleveland has been a huge fail with the draft, 4 picks every year for the past 3 years and what do they have to show for?

Yeah guys, it's just a little premature to be having this debate about Bennett. He has been horrible, but my word it's three games into his career. At some point he is going to get himself into decent enough shape just from games alone, assuming he doesn't totally fall out of the rotation. He will get better. I liked him coming out, and as I recall Tbird (whose opinion I've come to trust a great deal) had him at the top of his draft board.

All I'm saying is right now Anthony Bennett looks like he ate Victor Oladipo and Ben McLemore instead of being drafted ahead of them.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    All I'm saying is right now Anthony Bennett looks like he ate Victor Oladipo and Ben McLemore instead of being drafted ahead of them.
    That's fine. All I'm saying is: three games. Let's settle down on the Kwame Brown-level bust comparisons.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    That's fine. All I'm saying is: three games. Let's settle down on the Kwame Brown-level bust comparisons.
    note, I didn't say that. I just said he's clearly inferior to Oladipo and I would have said that in June.

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    More like an Eddy Curry-sized bust. #FatJokes #Homonyms

32. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to LoneGranger33 For This Useful Post:

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    Yeah I'm not sure how a first round pick can be so out of shape, I know they compare him to Zbo but man Zbo has always been a beast.