Page 27 of 248 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930313777127 ... LastLast
Results 651 to 675 of 6200

Thread: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

  1. #651
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    18,878

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

    Phoenix and Philadelphia are both 2-0.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  2. #652
    future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    12,082

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

    is Rush not healthy yet for Utah? cuz if Corbin's starting Richard Jefferson over a healthy Rush...

  3. #653
    Member SycamoreKen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Age
    44
    Posts
    10,436

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

    Some ugly ball in the Lakers/Spurs game.

  4. #654
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    18,878

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    @AlexKennedyNBA: Miles Plumlee looks like a steal for the Suns: 18 points, 15 rebounds, 3 blocks in game one; 13 points, 13 rebounds, 3 blocks in game two.

    Damn
    Keep proving them wrong, Miles
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  5. #655
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    18,878

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    is Rush not healthy yet for Utah? cuz if Corbin's starting Richard Jefferson over a healthy Rush...
    Rush is not healthy yet. Still, Corbin is starting Jefferson over a much improved Alec Burks so there's that.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  6. #656
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    16,949

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Phoenix and Philadelphia are both 2-0.
    If the playoffs started today...

  7. #657
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    18,878

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If the playoffs started today...
    If the playoffs started today they wouldn't be 2-0
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  8. #658
    Member idioteque's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    washington dc
    Age
    28
    Posts
    9,471

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

    I wish Plumlee the best, but it will be interesting to see what happens when he's well-scouted.

  9. #659
    Member SycamoreKen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Age
    44
    Posts
    10,436

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

    Tony Parker is pretty good.

  10. #660
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,371

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    yeah. if Plumlee continues to do well, which I don't know if he actually is, numbers can be deceiving and all, the question becomes did we overpay by sending the 1st rounder too. though I sort of think we didn't really want that 1st rounder all that much, it's a guaranteed 1.2+ mil or so on an unproven guy that in all likelihood wouldn't play at all. stuff like that matters as tight as we are against the cap and needing to re-sign Lance.
    Assets are always useful.

    A 1st could have been used to move Mahinmi or Copeland's contract to help move their contracts so that we can re-sign Lance.

    I still think that Copeland is a useful role Player, he will help us if we ever needed to go Small Ball while spreading the floor and I believe that he will find his 3pt stroke. But given that we have Scola and OJ/Solo at the Wings, if the Bird is able to work his magic and somehow trade him for an Expiring contract...I'd be okay with that.

    This doesn't mean that I don't think that Copeland is garbage and that he can't contribute....I just think that he's redundant now with Scola on the Team ( as the primary Backup PF ) and OJ/Solo on the roster. To me, he's the only Player that I think is expendable.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  11. #661
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,371

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

    Quote Originally Posted by idioteque View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I wish Plumlee the best, but it will be interesting to see what happens when he's well-scouted.
    I haven't watched any of his games....but is he getting Foster-like scoring opportunities ( put backs, offensive rebounding scoring, alley-oops...basically what you'd expect from an Offensively challenged Big Man that is super athletic )?

    or

    Is he scoring in the low post where Plays are being run for him and he's scoring on his own ( where he is actually displaying some offensive skill )?

    My guess is that he's getting his scoring off the former and not the latter.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  12. #662
    future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    12,082

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

    Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Assets are always useful.

    A 1st could have been used to move Mahinmi or Copeland's contract to help move their contracts so that we can re-sign Lance.

    I still think that Copeland is a useful role Player, he will help us if we ever needed to go Small Ball while spreading the floor and I believe that he will find his 3pt stroke. But given that we have Scola and OJ/Solo at the Wings, if the Bird is able to work his magic and somehow trade him for an Expiring contract...I'd be okay with that.

    This doesn't mean that I don't think that Copeland is garbage and that he can't contribute....I just think that he's redundant now with Scola on the Team ( as the primary Backup PF ) and OJ/Solo on the roster. To me, he's the only Player that I think is expendable.
    Right, I agree with all that. Just saying while I may not necessarily agree with it I can see the logic behind us not valuing a late 1st rounder the same way most teams would given our unique circumstances. For example, say we get the 24th pick, I think if we got offered pick 31 for it straight up we'd do it on draft night.

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:


  14. #663
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    18,878

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

    Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I haven't watched any of his games....but is he getting Foster-like scoring opportunities ( put backs, offensive rebounding scoring, alley-oops...basically what you'd expect from an Offensively challenged Big Man that is super athletic )?

    or

    Is he scoring in the low post where Plays are being run for him and he's scoring on his own ( where he is actually displaying some offensive skill )?

    My guess is that he's getting his scoring off the former and not the latter.
    He is doing everything, actually. Alley-oops, put backs, hooks, drives, you name it. Heck, he even hit a 18 foot baseline jumper in his first game. I have been particularly impressed with his running right hand hook. He didn't have that move in Summer League and it looks really smooth.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  15. #664
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    18,878

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    For example, say we get the 24th pick, I think if we got offered pick 31 for it straight up we'd do it on draft night.
    I also think that we'd do it.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  16. #665

    Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

    Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Assets are always useful.

    A 1st could have been used to move Mahinmi or Copeland's contract to help move their contracts so that we can re-sign Lance.

    I still think that Copeland is a useful role Player, he will help us if we ever needed to go Small Ball while spreading the floor and I believe that he will find his 3pt stroke. But given that we have Scola and OJ/Solo at the Wings, if the Bird is able to work his magic and somehow trade him for an Expiring contract...I'd be okay with that.

    This doesn't mean that I don't think that Copeland is garbage and that he can't contribute....I just think that he's redundant now with Scola on the Team ( as the primary Backup PF ) and OJ/Solo on the roster. To me, he's the only Player that I think is expendable.
    If need be I don't think it'll be too hard to move Copeland without a first round pick. He has a skill that people want and he's only gonna have one year at $3 million left. I can think of a few teams where he would be a great fit. Mahinmi we need at backup center and I don't see him getting traded.

  17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to King Tuts Tomb For This Useful Post:


  18. #666

    Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

    Haralabos Voulgaris tweeted this today.









    It's interesting, I've never seen someone that down on Scola. I was excited when we got him which probably colored my view on how much we gave up. We won't have a verdict until we see how he plays for a full season, how Plumlee turns out and what happens with the Pacers first round pick.
    Last edited by King Tuts Tomb; 11-02-2013 at 04:48 AM.

  19. #667

    Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

    Quote Originally Posted by King Tuts Tomb View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Haralabos Voulgaris tweeted this today.

    So the Pacers gave up a first rounder (protected) + Plumlee for Scola? Not gonna win ‘ships making trades like that.
    — Haralabos Voulgaris (@haralabob) November 2, 2013


    @WHester So taking on a bottom 5 PF (and thats being nice) in Scola gives you depth how?
    — Haralabos Voulgaris (@haralabob) November 2, 2013




    It's interesting, I've never seen someone that down on Scola. I was excited when we got him which probably colored my view on how much we gave up. We won't have a verdict until we see how he plays for a full season, how Plumlee turns out and what happens with the Pacers first round pick.
    We also dumped Gerald Green's contract.

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to immortality For This Useful Post:


  21. #668
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    3,656
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

    What Phoenix does with our first-round pick is irrelevant from our perspective. Whether they draft an All-Star or a bust with the pick doesn't change its value. To say otherwise is illogical. Think about it this way: A dollar is worth a dollar. If somebody happens to use that dollar to buy a $100,000,000 winning Powerball ticket, then kudos to them, but that doesn't change the fact that a dollar is worth a dollar, nothing more, nothing less.

    As for this Voulgaris clown, the fact that he not only calls Scola a bottom-five power forward, but then plays it off as if he's being overly fair, pretty much confirms he's a troll.

  22. #669

    Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

    Quote Originally Posted by GrangeRusHibbert View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What Phoenix does with our first-round pick is irrelevant from our perspective. Whether they draft an All-Star or a bust with the pick doesn't change its value. To say otherwise is illogical. Think about it this way: A dollar is worth a dollar. If somebody happens to use that dollar to buy a $100,000,000 winning Powerball ticket, then kudos to them, but that doesn't change the fact that a dollar is worth a dollar, nothing more, nothing less.
    A dollar is a bad analogy because it's worth the same amount today, tomorrow and next year. The value of that draft pick fluctuates. If Paul George breaks his leg, Scola is a bust and we win 45 games and lose a mid first round pick then we didn't get value for that pick. If we win 65 games and it's the 30th pick in the draft then it's not so bad.

    It's not about who they draft, it's a question of did we get proper value out of our assets.

    As for this Voulgaris clown, the fact that he not only calls Scola a bottom-five power forward, but then plays it off as if he's being overly fair, pretty much confirms he's a troll.
    Well he's also a clown that makes millions of dollar betting on basketball through advanced statistics.

  23. #670
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    3,656
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

    Maybe so, but he's a clown nonetheless.

    Edit: After researching this circus clown troll to confirm that he is, indeed, a circus clown troll (confirmed), I've also realized that his brilliance, at least when it comes to comprehending the game of basketball, is quite overblown.

    First of all, his original fortune was made by exploiting a loophole in the betting system, namely the distribution of points per each half. Fair enough, but that's not indicative of an NBA guru. Once that exploit was fixed, his skills became (shockingly) mediocre. Realizing his own mediocrity, and in a state of desperation, he went out and found a zit-faced math prodigy to do the heavy lifting for him; someone to make sense of (correctly interpret) the data, devise money-making methods off of it, etc., and then giving him a cut off the winnings for his troubles.

    I'll give the guy credit for stooping to dubious ethics to satisfy his money lust, but as far as being some sort of a guru when it comes to NBA analysis and predictions, you can color me completely and utterly unimpressed.

    I'll take Larry Bird and company's proven track record of making the right moves to build a successful NBA team over anything this low-rent John Hollinger has to say.
    Last edited by Lance George; 11-02-2013 at 07:56 AM.

  24. #671

    Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

    Quote Originally Posted by GrangeRusHibbert View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Maybe so, but he's a clown nonetheless.

    Edit: After researching this circus clown troll to confirm that he is, indeed, a circus clown troll (confirmed), I've also realized that his brilliance, at least when it comes to comprehending the game of basketball, is quite overblown.

    First of all, his original fortune was made by exploiting a loophole in the betting system, namely the distribution of points per each half. Fair enough, but that's not indicative of an NBA guru. Once that exploit was fixed, his skills became (shockingly) mediocre. Realizing his own mediocrity, and in a state of desperation, he went out and found a zit-faced math prodigy to do the heavy lifting for him; someone to make sense of (correctly interpret) the data, devise money-making methods off of it, etc., and then giving him a cut off the winnings for his troubles.

    I'll give the guy credit for stooping to dubious ethics to satisfy his money lust, but as far as being some sort of a guru when it comes to NBA analysis and predictions, you can color me completely and utterly unimpressed.

    I'll take Larry Bird and company's proven track record of making the right moves to build a successful NBA team over anything this low-rent John Hollinger has to say.
    Sports bettors make money by exploiting the blind spots and misconceptions of the casino and the public. That's like saying a blackjack player is exploiting a loophole by staying on 17.

    I don't really have any interest in going back and forth on Voulgaris so you can knock on him all you want, I don't have a personal stake in the guy. But he is a really interesting twitter follow and a fun character with a lot of contrarian views on basketball that I love to hear even when I disagree with it. Anyone interested should check out this interview with TrueHoop where he breaks down how he collects data and how he interprets it (edit: forgot to mention this was from 08 so it's before a lot of the VU cameras and recent trends in analytics). He's also been on Bill Simmons podcast a few times.

    I'm still happy with the Scola trade at this point but I don't feel threatened if someone has a view to the contrary.

    Edit: Also, what's with the sig? Unnecessarily antagonistic in my opinion.
    Last edited by King Tuts Tomb; 11-02-2013 at 08:32 AM.

  25. #672
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    South Side
    Posts
    4,133

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

    Just so you know, rookie Rudy Gobert of the Utah Jazz was not happy with his play last night.

    https://twitter.com/rudygobert15/sta...04217122115584
    UncleBuck:

    "See how stupid those fans sound complaining about the officials. That is one reason why I hate when Pacers fans complain about the refs - does not come across well at all, no matter the merit. "

  26. The Following User Says Thank You to shags For This Useful Post:


  27. #673
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

    Quote Originally Posted by King Tuts Tomb View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Haralabos Voulgaris tweeted this today.









    It's interesting, I've never seen someone that down on Scola. I was excited when we got him which probably colored my view on how much we gave up. We won't have a verdict until we see how he plays for a full season, how Plumlee turns out and what happens with the Pacers first round pick.
    He loves to use numbers so maybe Scola doesn't have good stats on whatever s*** he is using, this guy is the same clown that made fun of me in the beginning of the playoffs for saying that Memphis needed Rudy Gay, he told me that Prince was much better lol, of course Memphis got destroyed and he did not answer my tweets when he was proven wrong haha.

  28. #674
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    South Side
    Posts
    4,133

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He loves to use numbers so maybe Scola doesn't have good stats on whatever s*** he is using, this guy is the same clown that made fun of me in the beginning of the playoffs for saying that Memphis needed Rudy Gay, he told me that Prince was much better lol, of course Memphis got destroyed and he did not answer my tweets when he was proven wrong haha.
    Got destroyed? They made it to the Western Conference Finals.

    And I'd rather have Prince for 2 years, $14.9 million than Rudy Gay at 2 years, $37.2 million.
    UncleBuck:

    "See how stupid those fans sound complaining about the officials. That is one reason why I hate when Pacers fans complain about the refs - does not come across well at all, no matter the merit. "

  29. The Following User Says Thank You to shags For This Useful Post:


  30. #675
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

    Quote Originally Posted by shags View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Got destroyed? They made it to the Western Conference Finals.

    And I'd rather have Prince for 2 years, $14.9 million than Rudy Gay at 2 years, $37.2 million.
    Sure they made it to the Western conference finals but how many games they won? and sure Rudy Gay makes a lot of money but there is not way in hell I'm going to say that I rather have old can't do nothing Prince over Rudy Gay hell no.

    Memphis has Gay instead of old Prince and they are in the finals, I mean Prince was so great that he was replaced many times by Pondexter.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •