Page 14 of 248 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464114 ... LastLast

Thread: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

Plumlee right now is getting feed like Thanksgiving

LOL this is Miles Plumlee's world we are just living in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    speaking of Hakeem...

I could watch this all night.

Hell of a move for sure, but damn John Wall can't allow that pass super lazy defense there.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    Plumlee right now is getting feed like Thanksgiving

LOL this is Miles Plumlee's world we are just living in it.
    I was so damn sure that he would play great there after the pre-season games I watched. I would pick him up in fantasy but another guy beat me to it.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014

MVPlumlee with a first half double double

I wanted him to succeed, of course, but I'm starting to get severe seller's remorse. Tell me he looks worse than his stats!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LoneGranger33 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Plumlee did nothing but good things in the few minutes I watched. He is setting nice screens for Bledsoe, good positioning for rebounds even had a nice pass in the paint for the open man, but the best thing was a clean straight jump with arms up, when Lillard attacked the paint...no call. Emediatley after this play the anouncer talked about how Plumlee learned this move from Hibbert last year ! Really glad that he has a good start so far! Green also made 2 for 2 .

8. The Following User Says Thank You to InYaFace For This Useful Post:

Let's see how Miles will do in the 2nd half. But damn that 1st half was awesome for him

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by LoneGranger33 View Post
    I wanted him to succeed, of course, but I'm starting to get severe seller's remorse. Tell me he looks worse than his stats!
    Nope, he doesn't looks worse than his stats. Miles will prove in Phoenix that he is a player that belongs in the NBA

Panopticon

-------------

13/4/2014

Sports Logo Sports Logo

45 seconds to go, OKC 3points ahead and Perkins take the shot with a sky hook. LOL and of course he missed it.
    You **** up once, you lose two teeth

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Johanvil For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Miles is hitting baseline jumpers now as well

Panopticon

-------------

13/4/2014

Another classic Zach Randolph-Tim Duncan showdown out west. Timmy came out on top, outscoring Randolph three points to two.

Last edited by LoneGranger33; 10-30-2013 at 10:32 PM.

I stand by it. If this holds, I'll admit I was wrong.

He had an amazing debut, but much of it playing free safety like he did in college. He never had to guard chalmers, which is what he's comfortable doing.
    I'm going to agree with you again--I blew that dude up before the draft, thought he was a bad pick, and despite that absurd line I'm not sold on him. Miami came out thinking they could just show up and win (like the rest of us) and tossed the ball around haphazardly. Still, credit where credit is due: MCW looked good tonight.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'm enjoying the miles plumule experience.

Btw Damian Lillard still looks like the worst defensive starting PG in the NBA. He is barely ahead of Jose Calderon, who at least realizes he can't stay in front of anybody and plays 3 feet off his man
    Last edited by Kstat; 10-30-2013 at 10:47 PM.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

I'm enjoying the miles plumule experience.

Btw Damian Lillard still looks like the worst defensive starting PG in the NBA. He is barely ahead of Jose Calderon, who at least realizes he can't stay in front of anybody and plays 3 feet off his man
    Plumlee does have some crazy bounce. Fun guy to watch for sure.

Agreed on Lillard. He's a freaking turnstile out there.

Alex Len is really, really long. Suns could be the most entertaining of the Riggin' for Wiggins Sweepstakes.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    Alex Len is really, really long. Suns could be the most entertaining of the Riggin' for Wiggins Sweepstakes.
    I like several of those teams including the Suns. Orlando has some very nice pieces and Utah is enjoyable as well. I just like that the young guys are given an opportunity to play.

Panopticon

-------------

13/4/2014

Mood

Gearld Wallace had the craziest stat line tonight. I knew I should of drafted Jeff Green, but I hate the guys game so much I just couldn't lol.

#FREE ALEC BURKS!!! 24 pts 6 boards and 6 dimes. Of course they started Jefferson over him. That kid must of pissed in Corbin's Cheerios when he took over. Corbin never wants to play Burks.

EDIT of course the satellite must go out smh
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 10-30-2013 at 11:01 PM.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I think the Rockets are Western Conference champs this year, especially if they keep Asik. They'll take some time to work it all out, but I think they're going to be so hard to play against this season.

EDIT// Oh my, and I just realized that Howard and Asik combined for 40 rebounds in 50 minutes. It's against the Bobcats, but still....
    Last edited by aamcguy; 10-30-2013 at 11:11 PM.

Here's a fun stat that will serve as the button to my Plumlee comments this evening:
    - Miles scored more points tonight than all of last year combined.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to LoneGranger33 For This Useful Post:

Mood

PIZZA GUY!!!!!!!

The Barn is rocking tonight. So good to see that place packed and cheering on the SACRAMENTO KINGS! I got goosebumps just watching.

I really like Coach Malone. I liked how they played all preseason. I think they are on the right path for sure.

I kind of like the Dubs. If that team can keep Curry and Bogut healthy (huge if), they could be a contender out West.

Sports Logo

I kind of like the Dubs. If that team can keep Curry and Bogut healthy (huge if), they could be a contender out West.
    I would be SOOOO STOKED if there was a Pacers/Warriors NBA Finals.....
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by aamcguy View Post
    I think the Rockets are Western Conference champs this year, especially if they keep Asik. They'll take some time to work it all out, but I think they're going to be so hard to play against this season.

EDIT// Oh my, and I just realized that Howard and Asik combined for 40 rebounds in 50 minutes. It's against the Bobcats, but still....
    Remains to be seen b/c their bench is thin and Harden is really their only reliable scorer, but they're definitely in the conversation.

And I know everyone likes taking shots at Dwight Howard, and certainly a lot of his childish ways deserve criticism, but anyone who thinks the Lakers are better off and the Rockets worse off with the decision Dwight made this summer is just straight up hating for the sake of hating.

Guy acted like a brat forcing his way out of Orlando, but he wasn't dumb to think that he was never going to win with what the Magic put around him. And his leaving the Lakers wasn't about not being able to handle the pressure and lights of LA, it was about preferring to play with a young Harden vs. and old Kobe/Nash.

Ehhh, maybe. As it is they are still just a nice team that needs the right playoff matchup, and probably a key injury to the opposition to really get far in the playoffs.

And I'm just lukewarm on the Bogut extension. The numbers aren't horrible, but at the same time it locks them into the roster they have now for quite a while and it always has potential to blow up in their face.

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by wintermute View Post
    I'm convinced that the Suns' FO were so impressed by Plumlee that they decided that Gortat is expendable
    Week Ago: You may be on something...

Tonight: You may be on to something...

A simple, two-letter word changes everything.

Quote Originally Posted by d_c View Post
    Remains to be seen b/c their bench is thin and Harden is really their only reliable scorer, but they're definitely in the conversation.

And I know everyone likes taking shots at Dwight Howard, and certainly a lot of his childish ways deserve criticism, but anyone who thinks the Lakers are better off and the Rockets worse off with the decision Dwight made this summer is just straight up hating for the sake of hating.

Guy acted like a brat forcing his way out of Orlando, but he wasn't dumb to think that he was never going to win with what the Magic put around him. And his leaving the Lakers wasn't about not being able to handle the pressure and lights of LA, it was about preferring to play with a young Harden vs. and old Kobe/Nash.
    I think they have plenty of consistent scorers. Harden, Howard, and Parsons are good, Beverly is a nice spotup shooter, and off the bench they have Francisco Garcia, Omri Casspi, Aaron Brooks, and Jeremy Lin. Not all of their role players will bring it every night, but they have enough scorers and ballhandlers on their roster I don't think that side of the ball will be an issue. With their two centers they will always have good rim protection, but once you get past Beverly and Parsons they run out of quality defenders. I think they just need to work out a way to get stops when the game slows down.