Page 9 of 248 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast

Thread: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sloan's contact is non guaranteed he can be cut any time before the deadline. I would be beyond pissed if we cut him for Marshall.
    Donald Sloan's contract is completely guaranteed for both years. Spreedom is correct.

http://data.shamsports.com/content/p...ies/pacers.jsp
    UncleBuck:

"See how stupid those fans sound complaining about the officials. That is one reason why I hate when Pacers fans complain about the refs - does not come across well at all, no matter the merit. "

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

Sloan's contact is non guaranteed he can be cut any time before the deadline. I would be beyond pissed if we cut him for Marshall.
    You would be beyond pissed for a switch at the third string point guard position? Man you hate for this kid is pretty consuming.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I don't understand why... Sloan hasn't ever shown himself to be more than a very marginal NBA player... he's nice to have as a third-stringer but if he ever plays more than 20MPG it probably means we have a problem. Marshall actually has potential to be a decent half-court point guard.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by shags View Post
    Donald Sloan's contract is completely guaranteed for both years. Spreedom is correct.

http://data.shamsports.com/content/p...ies/pacers.jsp
    I remember reading after he signed it wasn't a guaranteed deal. Hoopshype has it as a 1+1 and HoopsWorld has it as completely non guaranteed. I guess we will find out. I like his game as a 3rd string I won't be mad anyway.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/indiana-pacers-team-salary

Banned

I feel bad for not knowing who Sloan and Marshall are, no really.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I remember reading after he signed it wasn't a guaranteed deal. Hoopshype has it as a 1+1 and HoopsWorld has it as completely non guaranteed. I guess we will find out. I like his game as a 3rd string I won't be mad anyway.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/indiana-pacers-team-salary

Always trust ShamSports over every other website when it comes to contracts.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to spreedom For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
    I don't understand why... Sloan hasn't ever shown himself to be more than a very marginal NBA player... he's nice to have as a third-stringer but if he ever plays more than 20MPG it probably means we have a problem. Marshall actually has potential to be a decent half-court point guard.
    I really disagree (I am sure people know that by now)

He plays way to tall and can't get into the paint or shoot(I believe having one of those traits is a must to be a good half court pg). I didn't even mention his defense. He just doesn't have NBA talent IMO.

Sloan is decent at least he defends and can create a bit with dribble penetration.

Mood

Always trust ShamSports over every other website when it comes to contracts.
    Will keep that in mind. I have never used that site will favorite it. Eric Pincus always tweeted out the contracts at hoopsworld I figured they do their homework.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I really disagree (I am sure people know that by now)

He plays way to tall and can't get into the paint or shoot(I believe having one of those traits is a must to be a good half court pg). I didn't even mention his defense. He just doesn't have NBA talent IMO.

Sloan is decent at least he defends and can create a bit with dribble penetration.

Those are fair points, though I think Marshall can be disguised as a defender... but I would typically take the third-string type with one dynamic skill (passing) over the one that is below average at everything. Probably isn't a right or wrong answer when it comes to what kind of player you want as your emergency PG that plays only spot minutes, but I think your criticisms are pretty fair.

Sports Logo

Those are fair points, though I think Marshall can be disguised as a defender... but I would typically take the third-string type with one dynamic skill (passing) over the one that is below average at everything. Probably isn't a right or wrong answer when it comes to what kind of player you want as your emergency PG that plays only spot minutes, but I think your criticisms are pretty fair.
    Sloan is pretty good at penetrating, actually. I'd say that he is a more dynamic basketball player than Marshall.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'd agree that Sloan is probably a better option if you need minutes right now today, but I think that Marshall has the potential to be better with the right coaching and development.

Mood

I'd agree that Sloan is probably a better option if you need minutes right now today, but I think that Marshall has the potential to be better with the right coaching and development.
    My issue with saying he has one elite skill is the fact it isnt true IMO. The reason being is there is no way to use it in the NBA, he just can't separate he plays way to stiff. It would be like saying I will take Steve Alford and his elite shooting over Avery Johnson because Avery never had skills that were better than average. I don't think anyone in their right mind would take Alford over Johnson.

I just don't see his "potential" I never have and probably never will. He lacks key things that are needed to be successful at the NBA level IMO. I hope he proves me wrong I really do. I don't like seeing people fail, and hell he proved me wrong already getting picked in the lottery lol.

Sports Logo

Here's a random thought:

The defensive potential of a Sanders - Henson - Antetokounmpo frontline is almost unimaginable.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014

Which former Pacers are you guys going to follow closely?

I'm interested in seeing what Plumlee and Green will do in Hornacek's system in Phoenix. I could see Green putting up mad stats. Also, DUNKS. I probably won't pay as much attention to our guys in Toronto. I never warmed up to D.J., and I doubt I'll appreciate Tyler as much as a non-Pacer.

A.J. Price is now with Minny, but he's behind J.J. and Rubio, so I'll have to wait for Ricky's next injury before I tune in to Fox Sports North. I still have a soft spot for Al Harrington and Jamaal Tinsley, so I'll definitely check to see if either has anything left in the tank.

ALSO: Does Nigerian national team superstar Ike Diogu stick with the Knicks? Will Jermaine O'Neal secure a starting spot in Golden State (after Bogut breaks something, of course)? Is Stephen Jackson even bout dis life anymore?

Mood

I'm going to check out Miles Plumlee sometimes on league pass. Otherwise, probably no one in particular. I'm more interested in seeing how Brad Stevens does with that Boston roster. Curious to see if their style is like Butler's or not.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    I'm going to check out Miles Plumlee sometimes on league pass. Otherwise, probably no one in particular. I'm more interested in seeing how Brad Stevens does with that Boston roster. Curious to see if their style is like Butler's or not.
    As long as they don't make it to back-to-back national championships as massive underdogs only to be finally outdueled in the championship series by a competitor with a bigger bite, I agree it will be interesting.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    Here's a random thought:

The defensive potential of a Sanders - Henson - Antetokounmpo frontline is almost unimaginable.
    Sure..as long as they don't go up against a low post big man that weighs more than 230 lbs....

Good lord, if this was 1994 that twig frontline might give up 45 points per game to the likes of Ewing, Robinson, shaq etc.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

'Antoni is starting Shawne Williams.....at the 4. Instead of Kaman @ 5.

Hilarious.

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Lol @ ESPN showing a TNT preview for the season on SportsCenter just now. They should just have the TNT guys merge into ESPN's coverage as well lol, they're so much better.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

=== Celtics suspend Sullinger for one game ===

Boston, MA (SportsNetwork.com) - The Boston Celtics suspended forward Jared
    Sullinger for their season opener for his role in an offseason off-the-court
    incident.

The suspension will be served on October 30, 2013 when the Celtics visit
    Toronto.

In the beginning of September, Sullinger pleaded not guilty to charges he
    assaulted his girlfriend during an August 31 incident. On Monday, those
    charges were dismissed.

"Jared's case was dismissed yesterday in Waltham District Court," said Celtics
    President of Basketball Operations Danny Ainge. "While we are satisfied that
    this was the correct ruling, we are suspending Jared for one game because he
    failed to meet the high expectations we have for all Celtics employees."

At the time of the incident, the Boston Globe reported that Sullinger was
    alleged to have pinned his girlfriend to the bed, pushed her and grabbed her
    phone, smashing it, after she tried to call police. The couple argued over
    "perceived infidelity."

Sullinger, 21, was a first-round draft pick of the Celtics in 2012 and
    averaged 6.0 points and 5.9 rebounds in 45 games during his rookie season.
    http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/t...ACN4635508.htm

I obviously hate the Heat, but I'll always root for them over the Bulls. This is funny. I hope the Heat hold on and drill them.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Same years, same ***** flopping ***** chalmers.
    Last edited by ECKrueger; 10-29-2013 at 08:43 PM. Reason: Wanted more *

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    I obviously hate the Heat, but I'll always root for them over the Bulls. This is funny. I hope the Heat hold on and drill them.
    I actually think I hate the Bulls more than the Heat, too. But put it this way: I love that one of them is getting their doors blown off.

Banned

So Wade looks healthy, damn it.

Banned

Boozer is killing it.