Page 1 of 248 123451151101 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 6200

Thread: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

  1. #1
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,262

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

    A couple weeks before the season starts, but seems like we may as well start it now.

    As my favorite aspect of basketball is defense, here's an old school tribute to taking the basketball away, to of one of my favorite early 90's songs.

    Happy 10th anniversary to PD.



    ...and the modern version.

    Last edited by Kstat; 10-12-2013 at 03:29 PM.

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:


  3. #2
    Raw Talent Robertmto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    The Nap
    Posts
    5,262
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

    WIZARDS MAKE 6-8th seed this season!!!!
    STARBURY

    08 and Beyond

  4. #3
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,262

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

    Quote Originally Posted by Robertmto View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    WIZARDS MAKE 6-8th seed this season!!!!
    I'd agree but they are screwed without Okafor. That was their interior horse. The wizards hang their hat on defense and he's irreplaceable.

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:


  6. #4
    Member LG33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    17,884

    Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

    Hawks make it to the 4th seed.

  7. #5
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,262

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

    Quote Originally Posted by LoneGranger33 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hawks make it to the 4th seed.
    ...in the lottery standings?

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:


  9. #6
    Member LG33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    17,884

    Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ...in the lottery standings?
    It's a stretch, but I'm feeling bold.

  10. #7
    Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Tucson AZ
    Age
    30
    Posts
    4,228
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

    God I so miss those old school NBA tapes, that Jam Session one is the best hehe, I love the production quality and overall coolness to it, I mean hell in that first video they were promoting taunting and hard fouls, you'll never see that now, just 18 replays of a LeBron dunk.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

    ----------------- Reggie Miller

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Cactus Jax For This Useful Post:


  12. #8
    It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Garrett, IN
    Posts
    9,181
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

    Hawks are going to be the 19th best team. Which is not good for them. I just hope they don't trade Horford to the Bulls.

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Major Cold For This Useful Post:


  14. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

    @SportsCenter: Derrick Rose sitting out of Bulls preseason game today with "left knee soreness." Team says the measure is just precautionary.


    Oh crap.

  15. #10
    v my fave #13, sorry PG ECKrueger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Age
    23
    Posts
    4,285

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

    I don't hope Rose is hurt again this season, but i certainly won't be disappointed.

  16. #11
    I'm on a MAC! graphic-er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,514

    Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

    not surprised by this set back for Rose, they were already icing him up after only playing 18 minutes against us.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

  17. #12
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    42
    Posts
    25,498

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

    Given that the Pacers tried to improve their bench scoring.....what Team from last season boasts the best scoring bench?

    I'm curious to see how our bench scoring will compare to the best.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  18. #13

    Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

    Random Thought: Danny Granger doesn't finish the season with the Pacers.

  19. #14
    #Franking Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    13,561

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

    JO turned 35 today. He's an 18 year vet. Guy's spent literally the majority of his life as an NBA player.

  20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:


  21. #15
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,262

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

    Quote Originally Posted by LoneGranger33 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's a stretch, but I'm feeling bold.
    Look at their rotation. OJ Mayo is the only guy on the roster that can create his own shot with any degree of effectiveness, and OJ Mayo isn't that good.

    They're loaded with spot-up shooters, but you need guys capable of collapsing a defense in order to take advantage of them. Otherwise, you're going to have a lot of trouble scoring.

    I like Brandon Knight. I like Larry Sanders. I do not ever want to see then attempt a pick and roll together.
    Last edited by Kstat; 10-13-2013 at 12:41 PM.

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:


  23. #16

    Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

    The champions will still remain in the East.

  24. #17
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    42
    Posts
    25,498

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

    Quote Originally Posted by PacerDude View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Random Thought: Danny Granger doesn't finish the season with the Pacers.
    I am going to guess that he will......looking at this from the SalaryCap perspective.....it will be extremely difficult to match his salary w-hile getting back the necessary assets that would justify trading him.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  25. The Following User Says Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:


  26. #18
    Member spreedom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Minnesota
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,587

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

    Quote Originally Posted by 15th parallel View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The champions will still remain in the East.
    Yeah, I agree with this. There's a pretty good argument that the three best teams in the league on paper (Miami, Indy, Chicago) are in the East.

    A bold prediction from me: the Timberwolves will be a top 5 seed in the West. Kevin Love will return to form as the best rebounder in the league.

  27. #19
    Member ilive4sports's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    6,891

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

    Quote Originally Posted by PacerDude View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Random Thought: Danny Granger doesn't finish the season with the Pacers.
    I disagree with this completely. Regardless of how Danny is playing, we need his money to come off the cap next year to resign Lance. So unless its for another expiring contract, its just not going to happen.

  28. The Following User Says Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:


  29. #20
    Member LG33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    17,884

    Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Look at their rotation. OJ Mayo is the only guy on the roster that can create his own shot with any degree of effectiveness, and OJ Mayo isn't that good.

    They're loaded with spot-up shooters, but you need guys capable of collapsing a defense in order to take advantage of them. Otherwise, you're going to have a lot of trouble scoring.

    I like Brandon Knight. I like Larry Sanders. I do not ever want to see then attempt a pick and roll together.
    I said Hawks, not Bucks. Milwaukee is dead in the water.

  30. #21

    Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

    Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Given that the Pacers tried to improve their bench scoring.....what Team from last season boasts the best scoring bench?

    I'm curious to see how our bench scoring will compare to the best.
    Mavs, Nuggets, and Clippers led the way last year

    http://www.hoopsstats.com/basketball...s/13/7/pts/1-1

  31. #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

    @DavidHarrison13: Watching the pacers game yesterday made a ton of stuff to surface mainly how much I messed up a situation were people genially cared for me

    Too late.

  32. #23
    #Franking Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    13,561

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    @DavidHarrison13: Watching the pacers game yesterday made a ton of stuff to surface mainly how much I messed up a situation were people genially cared for me

    Too late.
    better late than never. Harrison seems to have grown up a good amount. kinda surprised he can't at least get a camp invite somewhere with some of the other bums that do just for being tall.

  33. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:


  34. #24
    Honorary Area 55'er TMJ31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    5,238

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    better late than never. Harrison seems to have grown up a good amount. kinda surprised he can't at least get a camp invite somewhere with some of the other bums that do just for being tall.
    I love a good second chance for someone who realizes their mistakes.

    I'd be happy to see David on our roster as opposed to Hilton Armstrong, for example.

    That's just little sentimental old me, though

  35. #25
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    32,393

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    @DavidHarrison13: Watching the pacers game yesterday made a ton of stuff to surface mainly how much I messed up a situation were people genially cared for me

    Too late.
    What a sad statement. Feel bad for the guy.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  36. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

    J7F

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •