Thread: Cnn: Rabbis Plotted To Kidnap Husbands, Force Divorces, Fbi Says

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Cnn: Rabbis Plotted To Kidnap Husbands, Force Divorces, Fbi Says

NEW YORK (CNN) A group of rabbis face kidnapping charges after allegedly arranging assaults of Orthodox Jewish husbands to persuade them to grant divorces to their wives, authorities said Thursday.

FBI raids on Wednesday night led to the arrest of three rabbis who were arraigned in federal court in New Jersey Thursday, according to court documents.

A criminal complaint alleges that the rabbis charged Jewish wives tens of thousands of dollars to orchestrate kidnappings and accepted $20,000 for such an operation from undercover FBI agents.

Their goal? To obtain "gets," a document that Jewish law requires a husband to present to his wife in order to be issued a divorce, the complaint says.

In one conversation with undercover FBI agents, the complaint alleges, Rabbi Mendel Epstein talked about forcing the divorces with the help of hired "tough guys," who he said used plastic bags to cover the husbands' heads and electric cattle prods and karate to assault them.

http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2013/1...ays/?hpt=hp_t2

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Cnn: Rabbis Plotted To Kidnap Husbands, Force Divorces, Fbi Says

I can just see some rabbi putting out the Marcellus Wallace speech from Pulp Fiction.

Let me tell you what now. I'ma call a coupla hard, pipe-hittin' rabbis, who'll go to work on the homes here with a pair of pliers and a blow torch. You hear me talkin', boy? I ain't through with you by a damn sight. I'ma get medieval on your ***.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to travmil For This Useful Post: