Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Adrian Peterson's 2 year old son has died

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Adrian Peterson's 2 year old son has died

How he was raised is moot. He's an adult, and he beat a child to death. Giving him any type of sympathy is disgusting, IMHO.
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right.” ― Ricky Gervais.

What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

The mother is also responsible here and should also go to prison. Why would she bring her son around such a violent individual?
    David "And One" West

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacergeek For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How he was raised is moot. He's an adult, and he beat a child to death. Giving him any type of sympathy is disgusting, IMHO.
    That's fair, actually. How he was raised is immaterial. I only brought it up to illustrate that the guy probably came from unfortunate circumstances himself. The relevant point though is that however bad his actions were, he is not a caricature of evil. Nobody is. If he can reform himself then it's possible he can have a positive influence on society someday.

As far as giving him any type of sympathy, I don't really, except insofar as I recognize that he is still a human being. Believe me, I have way more sympathy for Adrian Peterson and his family than for this murderer guy. I just don't like the hateful attitude some people have.
    That'll do.

He was a caricature of evil every second he spent beating that baby to death.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    He was a caricature of evil every second he spent beating that baby to death.
    I'm not defending or excusing his actions in any way, shape, or form.
    That'll do.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to pig norton For This Useful Post:

I know. I'm just saying, for at least the amount of time it took him to act that murder out, he was evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    I know. I'm just saying, for at least the amount of time it took him to act that murder out, he was evil.
    Well I agree with this.

What I meant by caricature of evil was that he had no other qualities or potential to change.

But I think I've made my point, and I've sidetracked the thread a bit. My thoughts are with the family of the victim.
    That'll do.

ADRIAN PETERSON
    Son's Alleged Killer Charged
    WITH MURDER
    EXCLUSIVE
    The man who allegedly beat Adrian Peterson's 2-year-old son to death was just charged with second degree murder ... TMZ has learned.

Joseph Patterson was charged with second degree murder and 2 counts of first degree manslaughter, as well as aggravated battery of an infant. He was also charged with felony child abuse.

Patterson, who was dating Adrian's baby mama at the time, was supposed to be caring for the child while she was away.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2013/10/21/adrian...#ixzz2iN8W8unv

South Dakota's a death penalty state. Good.

Joseph Patterson was charged with second degree murder and 2 counts of first degree manslaughter, as well as aggravated battery of an infant. He was also charged with felony child abuse.

second degree?

That's lame. If you beat another adult to death, you can bet it would be first degree murder. Since it's an infant, it's somehow less? To me it's a lot worse to attack the 100% defenseless innocent child.

I'm not sure if there's even a good chance for him getting life in prison to these lesser charges.

The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Slick Pinkham For This Useful Post:

I can't get past this monster being allowed out on bail

http://www.tmz.com/2014/06/25/adrian...nfl-stars-son/

The man suspected of killing Adrian Peterson’s 2-year-old son last year has been ARRESTED — after officials say he kidnapped the child’s mother and attacked her.

The suspect is 28-year-old Joseph Robert Patterson — who was charged with murder and child abuse for allegedly beating Peterson’s son Tyrese to death in October 2013.

Patterson had been free on the murder charge on $750k bond — and was under instructions to NOT contact the child’s mother or anyone else in the family.

But Patterson apparently ignored the instructions — and kidnapped the child’s mother.

Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post
    I can't get past this monster being allowed out on bail

http://www.tmz.com/2014/06/25/adrian...nfl-stars-son/
    Nice job, judge.

Get well soon PG! Believe_in_blue's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I know this isn't the place for this type of discussion, but I just want to get this off my chest. My biggest problem with our criminal justice system is lack of consistency. Two people can commit the same crime and get two completely different sentences. I've seen them hold people charged with non violent drug crimes with no bail, and then they release this physcopath back into society where he could hurt somebody else. There seemed to be ample evidence in this case to revoke bail. The judge who let this guy out on bail should be removed from the bench forever. I know he hasn't been convicted yet, but there's plenty of evidence that says he killed a child. How did the judge think he wasn't a threat to society?

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Believe_in_blue For This Useful Post:

http://www.startribune.com/entertain...266629251.html

Suspect in death of Adrian Peterson's son says child choked on fruit snacks

SIOUX FALLS, S.D. — A man charged with killing the 2-year-old son of Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson in South Dakota last fall says the child choked on strawberry fruit snacks while he was in the bathroom.

The Argus Leader reports (http://argusne.ws/1nbAob7 ) Joseph Patterson, 28, is facing second-degree murder, manslaughter and aggravated assault charges in the death of two-year-old Tyrese Ruffin.

Patterson gave his version of events through his lawyer as he appeared in court Thursday for a motion hearing.

Prosecutors want jurors to hear evidence from previous accusations of child abuse against Patterson.

Defense lawyer Tim Rensch says the similarities aren't clear enough to allow the prejudicial testimony.

Patterson remains in custody on a $1 million cash bond. He was arrested again in June following accusations that he assaulted the boy's mother.