Page 33 of 37 FirstFirst ... 23293031323334353637 LastLast

Thread: Colts-Broncos

Default Re: Colts-Broncos

The Rams are our next home game so we won't be underdogs there.

The Doctor's In The House TheDon's Avatar

I still think richardson can get on track this season. The way they used Richardson and Brown this game I thought was awfully weird. I mean I figure that using richardson early and often to soften them up would have been a better idea than brown running them all over the place. Regardless we got the win but it seems like we're still trying to figure that situation out..the bye week will feel pretty damn good after this game need to just recuperate emotionally and physically and please let Reggie Wayne be ok.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDon View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I still think richardson can get on track this season. The way they used Richardson and Brown this game I thought was awfully weird. I mean I figure that using richardson early and often to soften them up would have been a better idea than brown running them all over the place. Regardless we got the win but it seems like we're still trying to figure that situation out..the bye week will feel pretty damn good after this game need to just recuperate emotionally and physically and please let Reggie Wayne be ok.
    Sort of a bummer because Richardson was doing really well on his first 8 or 9 carries, but then he just did awful. I'm disappointing it is taking him this long, but I know at some point he'll play up to his potential.

I don't know how accurate ManCaveSports12 is but they're saying Reggie is done for the year(which wouldn't be that much of a surprise considering)

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post
    The Rams are our next home game so we won't be underdogs there.
    Well, Bradford is out for the season with an ACL, and they get the Seahawks on Monday a week from tomorrow breaking in a new QB. The only QB on their roster is Kellen Clemens. It's about to be Tebow time in the StL.

Quote Originally Posted by travmil View Post
    Well, Bradford is out for the season with an ACL, and they get the Seahawks on Monday a week from tomorrow breaking in a new QB. The only QB on their roster is Kellen Clemens. It's about to be Tebow time in the StL.
    Nobody is really going to pick the Rams over us. I mean Denver is one thing they were undefeated so was Seattle and SF.

Although I hope the Tebow thing does not happen the hype for this game was already obnoxious Tebow will be 10x worse and unlike Manning isn't 10x the QB either.

Mood

I don't know how accurate ManCaveSports12 is but they're saying Reggie is done for the year(which wouldn't be that much of a surprise considering)
    I don't know what they could know since his MRI isn't scheduled until tomorrow.

Sometimes you may not need an MRI if you know its like when Kobe tore his Achilles he knew the MRI just confirmed the obvious.
    Last edited by Basketball Fan; 10-21-2013 at 02:01 AM.

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

No Peyton Manning led team has ever defeated the Indianapolis Colts
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to indygeezer For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by idioteque View Post
    Reggie is of course not affiliated with the Pacers anymore and can do whatever he wants, but it rubs me the wrong way a bit to see any current Pacers, without prompting, showing their pride for a non-Colts NFL team the week that team plays the Colts! I have no problem with guys disclosing their loyalties when asked, but just repping it on instagram or wherever during a week where that team plays Indy is a bit much, ESPECIALLY when you have so many Colts supporting the Pacers, including guys like Cory Redding who hasn't been in Indy very long and due to his age won't likely play a long career here. Hell, he's from Houston, another NBA market. It's not like we saw any Colts openly rooting for Miami or the Knicks when they played us last year. Some may have, and that's fine, but they did a good job appropriately keeping it to themselves and out of the media.
    Fortunately, Solo knows what's up. Attaboy, rook.

Instagram photo by @solohill
    #gocolts

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to rel For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Yes but its not just him its going to be the Broncos team with him there's the rub here. That's why I would prefer retirement for these tributes because its just them and them alone.

Last night was just Peyton. His teammates got out of his way and let him enjoy that moment to himself. That was a special and classy tribute by the Colts, and I'm so glad that they did it the way they did. There's no way that they could have just ignored the situation. Both the fans and Peyton deserved it. I don't see how anyone could possibly criticize that after seeing how perfectly it played out.

It's already been three years since he last took a snap here. If we would have waited until he retired to do a tribute, then it would have been 6-7 years. We had to take advantage of the moment last night and give him a tribute while his time here was still fresh. Besides, he'll get a Ring of Honor ceremony someday. Last night wasn't his final ovation at Lucas Oil.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Passing game looked like straight crap in crunch time. Luck had almost 200 at the half and ended with like 229? By no means poor play, just bad timing for the poor play. Still, to play that well for a good chunk and have to fell like you escaped with the win. Yikes!

Thanks to the D and ST (fumble force and recovery) and home field in this one! Personally, I'm completely unimpressed by Richardson so far. I can count his decent plays on one hand. The remainder are just "meh" or worse. Can't say I'm totally surprised how much action Brown saw last night. Hope Richardson comes around at some point this year, or maybe with a complete off-season in our program.

Great win! More than made up for the SD dud last week.
    I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

-Emiliano Zapata

16. The Following User Says Thank You to D-BONE For This Useful Post:

^^ I'm glad to see you realized that the Colts won the game.

They don't ask HOW, they just ask WHO.

What?!!? Peyton Manning throws a pick at a critical juncture and comes up short in a "big game"?? Geez, say it isn't so. I didn't see that coming. I just don't know what to say or how to feel, because that's SOOOOO unexpected from him~

I'm like Vontae, thank goodness the Colts got that Tom Brady game out of the way.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RWB For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Banta View Post
    What?!!? Peyton Manning throws a pick at a critical juncture and comes up short in a "big game"?? Geez, say it isn't so. I didn't see that coming. I just don't know what to say or how to feel, because that's SOOOOO unexpected from him~
    Yes, because getting hit while throwing had nothing to do with the INT.

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Eleazar For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

That would be funny if you hadn't missed the whole context of that play like Eleazar described it.
    You **** up once, you lose two teeth

24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Johanvil For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by PacersHomer View Post
    LOL at all of the Manning fans who showed up. That's what you get for being a fake fan.
    Who knew you couldn't be a Manning fan AND a colts fan at the same time

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Johanvil View Post
    That would be funny if you hadn't missed the whole context of that play like Eleazar described it.
    Of course I know he was hit. And my comment on the game has no validity because there is no body of evidence showing any propensity for throwing picks at key moments or finding a way to lose in big games. At least he avoided the signature pick-6, though there were a few times you could see he was trying to work that in.

Yards, TDs, missed blocks, hits, whatever-- my only point was that it simply was no surprise. I know he's the best to ever lace 'em up, but after a decade+ of watching him, it just wasn't a surprise. Like the pick in the playoffs last year in OT. Not shocking.

You know what also wouldn't have been shocking? A fourth quarter comeback.

Of course I know he was hit. And my comment on the game has no validity because there is no body of evidence showing any propensity for throwing picks at key moments or finding a way to lose in big games. At least he avoided the signature pick-6, though there were a few times you could see he was trying to work that in.

Yards, TDs, missed blocks, hits, whatever-- my only point was that it simply was no surprise. I know he's the best to ever lace 'em up, but after a decade+ of watching him, it just wasn't a surprise. Like the pick in the playoffs last year in OT. Not shocking.
    For every late pick/bad throw he has he has a game winning TD drive or two. The truth is Manning is the most clutch QB in football, but just like in basketball where clutch players miss more last second shots than they make, when you are put in a situation where you need to be clutch enough times you are going to put up some duds. Manning has been in the position enough times that he has put up some duds, just like Tom Brady and every other "clutch" QB. The only difference is people focus on Manning's duds more than the focus on Tom Brady's. I have no idea why except maybe they expect more out of Manning, as they should, or because Tom Brady got a reputation for being clutch because he had a super clutch kicker.

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Eleazar For This Useful Post:

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Post-game thoughts:

- Awesome post-game speech by Pagano. I agree about Irsay; I knew what he was trying to say about the Manning era; I think the wrong message was taken from it; I think he's a really great owner; he's absolutely right in the "adjustments" and corrections he's made to this organization; and the efforts he went to to commemorate an opposing player went beyond what most normal owners would do.
    - Indy has now beaten, in my opinion, the other 3 top teams in the league --- San Fran, Seattle, and Denver. Hole. Eee. Cow. (And then loses to SD and Miami....)
    - A lot of *****ing about our running backs, specifically Richardson. I'm telling you now... you have got to start looking at the atrocious run-blocking of our line as Culprit Numero Uno and Alpha and Omega. They are terrible. You don't like Rich's runs --- of course you don't. The line is getting absolutely eaten alive. They aren't opening holes, they're getting pushed back on every run play --- it's a rare occurrence when our backs have any room. DBrown is fun in those quick-hitting long runs, but is absolutely terrible in tough yardage situations. TRich is the opposite. Don't get fooled by the fact that DBrown busts a big run more often --- he's gotten a few more wide open holes to run through, and he also is more capable of bumping it outside when our line gets owned as usual. Overall, he's been no better than TRich. The O-LINE absolutely has to be our top priority this off-season (and this season)... Luck is getting pressure, also. Too many rushed throws and scampers. They are worse than last year, and were considered bad last year. I can tell from just straight observation, but if ya don't believe me, read this: http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/story...cent-continues. I'm extremely disappointed by our line... it's amazing we won this game with how bad they played. There is no argument you can make that tells me DBrown is playing well or above TRich, so we need to stop this charade. Both backs are struggling because our line is absolutely losing every play. I guarantee you; we fix this line, and *somehow* keep TRich and DBrown healthy, and you'll see one heckuva backfield tandem, but TRich absolutely needs to be the workhorse. He was up around 4ypc well into the game before our line went into the tank and he got stuffed behind the line about 6 straight runs, coincidentally, right about the time Satele went out, which leads me to...
    - Vickerson needs to have his *** suspended for his absolutely massive breakdown in judgement the entire game, but SPECIFICALLY for his absolutely ridiculous, intentional, malicious straight-up right-hook *punch* to Satele's knee. I.... I can't remember seeing anything so terrible in an NFL game. Satele is likely to see extended time on the sidelines because of that absolutely ridiculous act of maliciousness.
    - Manning's throws looked OFF after Mathis' sack... they fluttered and floated and looked weak. I hope there's nothing more to that.
    - Manning... love that guy. Great pre-game warm-up tribute.
    - Mathis --- God I love that man. What a perfect football player. What a model citizen. What a veteran and locker-room presence. Legend. I never would've thought he'd surpass Freeney, but he absolutely has. To switch positions so late in his career and have the impact he's having is phenomenal. This is a defensive end, who switched to linebacker at age 32, and is leading the league in sacks. Sometimes a guy is just a beast no matter where you stick him.
    - Stop trying to get short, tough yards with DBrown. Stop expecting DHB to make difficult catches 40 yards downfield or along the sideline. Reduce the 3rd-and-1 throw attempts.
    - Vinatieri --- looks like he's 25 again.
    - Liking Havili, what a nice addition.
    - Sergio Brown turning into a STs beast.
    - Fleener --- you caught some balls. Thanks.
    - Vontae Davis, Darius Butler, thank you. Our secondary, when healthy, is serious.
    - Andrew Luck --- You all know what I think of this guy. Been saying it since before we drafted him, he's the best player I've ever seen. He just beat an undefeated Peyton Manning at LOS. Seriously. Seriously. No...... seriously. What did you do at age 24?
    - Reggie --- get well, bro.
    - New linebacker --- Pat MacAfee?
    Last edited by Kid Minneapolis; 10-21-2013 at 11:08 AM.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    Who knew you couldn't be a Manning fan AND a colts fan at the same time
    If you go to a game and cheer against the Colts you're not a Colts fan.

All I got to say about TRich and Brown is that Ballard and Bradshaw were able to get yards behind this same OL.

Richardson seems to lack the vision and speed to be an every down back. He has the power you need in short yardage situations. He does a couple of things that made Edge great, blocking and always falls forwards. Good skills you want at RB, but I don't think it is likely he turns it around. He is a 4th round talent. I expect next year, if Ballard is healthy, Ballard will be our starter getting the majority of carries. With Richardson being the back-up and short yardage guy. Honestly, right now Carter looks like a better RB than Richardson.

Brown's problems should be well known by now. He is good in change of pace situations, and when he gets a hole that he can't miss he is 20 yards down field before the other team realizes it. If he doesn't get that hole he doesn't offer much.

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    Post-game thoughts:

I'm telling you now... you have got to start looking at the atrocious run-blocking of our line as Culprit Numero Uno and Alpha and Omega. They are terrible. You don't like Rich's runs --- of course you don't. The line is getting absolutely eaten alive. They aren't opening holes, they're getting pushed back on every run play --- it's a rare occurrence when our backs have any room. DBrown is fun in those quick-hitting long runs, but is absolutely terrible in tough yardage situations. TRich is the opposite. Don't get fooled by the fact that DBrown busts a big run more often --- he's gotten a few more wide open holes to run through, and he also is more capable of bumping it outside when our line gets owned as usual. Overall, he's been no better than TRich. The O-LINE absolutely has to be our top priority this off-season (and this season)... Luck is getting pressure, also. Too many rushed throws and scampers. I'm extremely disappointed by our line... it's amazing we won this game with how bad they played. There is no argument you can make that tells me DBrown is playing well or above TRich, so we need to stop this charade. Both backs are struggling because our line is absolutely losing every play. I guarantee you; we fix this line, and *somehow* keep TRich and DBrown healthy, and you'll see one heckuva backfield tandem, but TRich absolutely needs to be the workhorse. He was up around 4ypc well into the game before our line went into the tank and he got stuffed behind the line about 6 straight runs.
    The offensive line is likely the main culprit. But that goes back to why trading a 1st round pick for Richardson was a bad idea. Running backs are so dependent on the strength of their offensive lines. What has Richardson done that a guy off the street couldn't? Certainly not the yards per carry. He hasn't been terrible on 2nd or 3rd and short, but he hasn't been great either. He hasn't been involved as a receiver whatsoever. He's already fumbled twice and lost one. Basically all he's given over a replacement running back is good blitz pick up and some ability as a power runner. Am I missing something that he's doing out there?

So I agree that fixing the offensive line is the number one priority and that should help Richardson and Brown moving forward. That's one of the hardest tasks in football though, and now with the Richardson trade you have less assets to do it with. That's the problem with the Richardson trade, even if you go in with the assumption that Richardson is a great running back with a better line (which is reasonable but far from a guarantee). Right now though there would need to get quite a bit of improvement just to get back to average.

36. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cubs231721 For This Useful Post: