Page 8 of 37 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: Colts-Broncos

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Colts-Broncos

Quote Originally Posted by Johanvil View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Et tu, Reggie? Traitor!!!!

Reggie Miller ‏@ReggieMillerTNT 3m
    Can't wait to watch my good friend #18 go back to the house he built and dominate Sunday night... #TeamPeyton
    Ehh...not really something worth thinking much into.

He probably still roots for the Colts, but roots for Peyton Manning and not the Broncos.

Quote Originally Posted by Trophy View Post
    Ehh...not really something worth thinking much into.

He probably still roots for the Colts, but roots for Peyton Manning and not the Broncos.

But Reggie is an an admitted Raiders fan though which the funniest part in all of this.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Basketball Fan For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post
    Bob Kravitz ‏@bkravitz 8m

A misunderstanding that might be taken the wrong way: Luck was asked by Denver reporters if Manning was history in Indy. To be continued....

Bob Kravitz ‏@bkravitz 7m

He laughed and replied, "You'd like to think so.'' I heard whole thing. Andrew took it to mean, does the Colts history belong to Peyton?

Bob Kravitz ‏@bkravitz 6m

I've been around Luck long enough to know, he would never utter a negative syllable about Manning or suggest Manning is history.

Moral of the story: STFU media.
    This whole thing is stupid.

Luck and Manning have spoken consistently since Peyton was drafted.

Anyway, you want to talk about a real slap in the face, Dungy apparently suggested today that Irsay is creating all this hype on purpose to make it an even bigger game so that Manning won't perform well. I mean is there a bigger back handed slap than that one from your own former coach?

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This whole thing is stupid.

Luck and Manning have spoken consistently since Peyton was drafted.

Anyway, you want to talk about a real slap in the face, Dungy apparently suggested today that Irsay is creating all this hype on purpose to make it an even bigger game so that Manning won't perform well. I mean is there a bigger back handed slap than that one from your own former coach?

True which is bad for the Colts if he thinks we'll win I know we're doomed.

NFL is becoming WWE.
    David "And One" West

This all would've been prevented had Jim not said anything or kept it generic.

As much as I rag on Polian he did something right he kept Jim on a muzzle...

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RWB View Post
    What is it with our Pacers wanting to see many of the Indy residents who are both Colts and Pacer fans suffer a loss. Honestly no big deal but seems some of the boys in blue and gold have forgot people who live in Indiana may want to see the home team prevail.

Edit: I really wonder what the response would be if Larry Bird was rooting for the Patriots over the Colts because he played in Boston?
    People would have a fit if Larry did that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    I'm not surprised. Reggie and Peyton know each other and Reggie has done Peyton's charity bowling event in the past. I'm not surprised at all that Reggie is rooting for Peyton since he used to follow the Manning era teams when he played here. He has no attachment to Luck or the current roster. And I bet he never visits Indy anymore unless it's to do a Pacers TNT game.
    The tweet from Reggie did not surprise me at all, as you said, he was playing here for most of the Manning era of the Colts. I don't like seeing him basically say he wants the Broncos to kick the Colts *** but that's just Reggie. I would not doubt it at all if he never really came here except for when his current "JOB" calls, and even then, people around here make it out like it's more than that.

If we want to make comments out as shots, I think you can take this one as a shot at the Indianapolis Colts, and it shows really how disconnected Reggie is from Indiana now. I'm going to get a lot of **** for this, too,

Quote Originally Posted by idioteque View Post
    Reggie is of course not affiliated with the Pacers anymore and can do whatever he wants, but it rubs me the wrong way a bit to see any current Pacers, without prompting, showing their pride for a non-Colts NFL team the week that team plays the Colts! I have no problem with guys disclosing their loyalties when asked, but just repping it on instagram or wherever during a week where that team plays Indy is a bit much, ESPECIALLY when you have so many Colts supporting the Pacers, including guys like Cory Redding who hasn't been in Indy very long and due to his age won't likely play a long career here. Hell, he's from Houston, another NBA market. It's not like we saw any Colts openly rooting for Miami or the Knicks when they played us last year. Some may have, and that's fine, but they did a good job appropriately keeping it to themselves and out of the media.

The Broncos situation is kind of weird, hell there are probably some Indy football fans who are Peyton fans or Broncos fans over the Colts now, but still, when it doubt, at least pretend to root for other home teams.
    Yeah, I mean it's fine that apparently Paul has been a Broncos fan his whole life, but as an athlete who's other home team is playing the Broncos, this week, in a very unordinary (is that even a word? Spell check doesn't think so) circumstance, tweeting a picture of you swagging out in your Broncos gear is probably not the best thing to show off to your mostly Indiana Pacers fan followers. The fans that idolize you.

Oh well. I can already tell this week is going to be tough to bare. Friends not being pissed off if we lose, and happy if Peyton dominates. Arguing for days, because in my mind, it's still an NFL game that the Colts need to win, a home game at that.

Just saying I want Peyton to win because he doesn't have much time left, and Luck and the Colts have years is not a great argument.

You can't predict the future. You can't stop key injuries or fluke plays from happening. It's the NFL. Nothing is guaranteed. I'm a Colts fan. I want a win Sunday night, and if Peyton kicks our asses and we lose, you bet your *** I'm going to be doing nothing in the realm of smiling or being happy for Peyton.

I love him, but he's a freaking DENVER BRONCO. F THE BRONCOS. They are the enemy Sunday night for God's sake! No one would be happy if the Jets stormed in and whooped us on national TV, why is this so different (I know, I know, it's Peyton) but in my idiotic mind, the best thing to do is root for Peyton to have a good game, and the boys with horseshoes win.

Sorry for the rant.
    Last edited by Lord Helmet; 10-16-2013 at 06:46 PM.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lord Helmet For This Useful Post:

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post
    This all would've been prevented had Jim not said anything or kept it generic.

As much as I rag on Polian he did something right he kept Jim on a muzzle...
    The media still would have found a way to make stories out of nothing to generate buzz for one of the most anticipated Sunday night football games in a while.

Irsay just threw the media a soft ball and they hit that baby 500 feet out of the park.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Helmet View Post
    The media still would have found a way to make stories out of nothing to generate buzz for one of the most anticipated Sunday night football games in a while.

Irsay just threw the media a soft ball and they hit that baby 500 feet out of the park.
    That would be one thing but like you said Irsay threw them a soft ball.. he could've easily avoided it now you have Pagano commenting about Irsay's comments when he really shouldn't be forced to be involved here. I mean Manning said he wasn't going to comment on it.. that's smart.

Whoever does the Colts PR sucks at not containing Jimbo if its possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post
    Whoever does the Colts PR sucks at not containing Jimbo if its possible.
    Kind of tough to contain a whacko that signs your paycheck.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to PacerDude For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

The only thing I am not looking forward for Sunday is watching Thomas having a party at the expense of Toler. Really hope the latter has a monster game and prove me wrong but I just can't see it. Too risky a game that dude has.
    You **** up once, you lose two teeth

Quote Originally Posted by Johanvil View Post
    The only thing I am not looking forward for Sunday is watching Thomas having a party at the expense of Toler. Really hope the latter has a monster game and prove me wrong but I just can't see it. Too risky a game that dude has.
    I can't complain as I think our secondary (yes that includes Toller) has been pretty good this season. The pressure on Rivers was just not good enough Monday night and of course the Colts got burned so bad by the matchup on our linebacker coverage.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

Wouldn't they put Davis on Thomas, and Toller on Decker?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Some days I wish Irsay would shut up and be an owner seen and not heard. He knew what he was doing because he cannot be naive enough to think the media would not blow this up.

Now our team and coaches have to deal with this unnecessary distraction. Yes, questions would still be asked because its Peyton, but not about Irsay crappping on the era that actually made his team relevant, built him that nice stadium and got him an amazing deal on it.

Polian was a pain, but at least he kept Irsay quiet for the most part.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thewholefnshow31 For This Useful Post:

Actually Roaming Gnome built LOS, and the taxpayers, and Irsay, and Peyton Manning by his popularity.

After awhile this Peyton Manning built Lucas Oil gets a little old. Next we'll be seeing the blind claim Peyton healed them and I can't wait for the piece of toast that has the miracle image of Peyton's face burnt on it.

Side note: So who built the fieldhouse? Was it Reggie, was it Larry Bird the coach?
    Last edited by RWB; 10-17-2013 at 10:13 AM.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

Quote Originally Posted by idioteque View Post
    Reggie is of course not affiliated with the Pacers anymore and can do whatever he wants, but it rubs me the wrong way a bit to see any current Pacers, without prompting, showing their pride for a non-Colts NFL team the week that team plays the Colts! I have no problem with guys disclosing their loyalties when asked, but just repping it on instagram or wherever during a week where that team plays Indy is a bit much, ESPECIALLY when you have so many Colts supporting the Pacers, including guys like Cory Redding who hasn't been in Indy very long and due to his age won't likely play a long career here. Hell, he's from Houston, another NBA market. It's not like we saw any Colts openly rooting for Miami or the Knicks when they played us last year. Some may have, and that's fine, but they did a good job appropriately keeping it to themselves and out of the media.

The Broncos situation is kind of weird, hell there are probably some Indy football fans who are Peyton fans or Broncos fans over the Colts now, but still, when it doubt, at least pretend to root for other home teams.
    It's a little weird seeing PG priding himself on the Broncos this week, but I'm guessing he's always been a Broncos fan. He was at the week 2 game when we played the Dolphins. Reggie Wayne has his Miami ties and I remember he was at a game with a Miami team hat, but still supports the Pacers. For the most part, both the Pacers and Colts players root for and support each other. You see some going to games here and there or giving each other shoutouts. Plus holding community events together like the annual charity softball game. Some guys seem to be good friends with one another like Roy Hibbert and Robert Mathis.

With all the changes made since Peyton left, he doesn't have much to do with the Colts today. He's created a second legacy for himself in Denver. When he retires, he'll be remembered as both a Colt and Bronco. Not like Joe Montana a Chief or Michael Jordan a Wizard.

Once the game is over, all this media nonsense will not be talked about again and everyone will move on completely.

I honestly think we are going to win this game. Just call it a hunch or craziness or whatever, but I think Luck and Peyton are both going to have huge games, but I think we will win late. Maybe a Vinatieri field goal. I think Luck throws for 3+ TDs.

I'm going to start the score predictions. Luck is allowed to throw the ball around the field and we play some clock ball to limit Peyton's possessions. Colts win on last minute TD drive

Colts 35
    Broncos 31
    Smothered Chicken!

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by RWB View Post
    I can't complain as I think our secondary (yes that includes Toller) has been pretty good this season. The pressure on Rivers was just not good enough Monday night and of course the Colts got burned so bad by the matchup on our linebacker coverage.
    Yes it has been good and yes the pass rush wasn't there on Monday. But I'm not basing my opinion on one game. I think Toler risks a lot and that kind of play while it will give him a big interception for example, it will also make him give up plays more often than not. That's just my opinion of course from what I have seen of him so far.

Maybe I'm wrong but I think they don't move Davis a lot or at all IIRC. From what I remember he is stationed on the right side all the time.
    Last edited by Johanvil; 10-17-2013 at 11:37 AM.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Do you think we're gonna blitz a lot? I really hope not. At all. I don't think we are much effective at it and also Peyton probably will see it miles away (cause we like to telegraph our plays on both ends ) and dumb it off to a checkdown or someone else that Harvey will supposedly be covering.
    Last edited by Johanvil; 10-17-2013 at 11:45 AM.

Who do you put on Welker?

Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    Who do you put on Welker?
    Darius Butler will have that assignment.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

-Lance Stephenson

I think Colts 35
    Broncos 34

I don't have a reason as to why I think this though

At the very least I don't see this as a blow out.

Quote Originally Posted by BRushWithDeath View Post
    Darius Butler will have that assignment.
    That's good if that's the case because I prefer Butler in pretty much every way to Toler.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post: