Page 5 of 37 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Colts-Broncos

Default Re: Colts-Broncos

Knowing the fairweather makeup of the Colts fanbase there will be far more cheering when the Broncos score than there will be when the Colts score. Half the stadium will be wearing orange #18 jerseys.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to hoosierguy For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by hoosierguy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Knowing the fairweather makeup of the Colts fanbase there will be far more cheering when the Broncos score than there will be when the Colts score. Half the stadium will be wearing orange #18 jerseys.

Nah, it was a great crowd the other day. The Colts have a great fan base. There will be a lot of 18's, but they will mostly be blue.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

RWB

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    Such a hater.

We cheered McNabb at the appropriate time. Hell we just gave Andy Reid and McNabb standing ovations when they were back at the Linc.
    http://www.gq.com/sports/lists/20110...erica#slide=14

That was the very first Google result for "Philly fans". 'Nuff said.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by PacerDude View Post
    So, you're talking about clock block ??
    we run the ball, keep it away from Peyton and limit his possessions
    "We want Miami"

Sports Logo Sports Logo

When Montana returned to play against Steve Young and the San Fansisco 49ers, it was a HUGE game! Peyton returning to play in Indy against for the first time will be even bigger.

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81
    Larry is not coming back, he didn't have a meeting with Orlando for not reason, yeah he is coming back to the NBA but not to the Pacers, the notion that he is a taking a year off and then come back is absurd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    GOOD GOD THAT'S LARRY BIRD'S MUSIC!

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    When Montana returned to play against Steve Young and the San Fansisco 49ers, it was a HUGE game! Peyton returning to play in Indy against for the first time will be even bigger.

While I agree with you that Manning's return will be huge.... I can't help but feel like people forget or don't realize how "big" Joe Montana was in the 80s and 90s. Manning is The Man in Indy, but Montana was no less then man in San Fran. He may not have the regular season stats, but he played in a different time and he won SBs (4 times). I'd argue that Montana was bigger... and his departure from the 49ers after his injury and return as a Chief was just as emotional. Very, very... similar situation. About the only difference is Montana played the '9ers at Arrowhead... whereas Peyton is actually returning physically to LOS. I love Peyton... He's my favorite Colt of all time.... but I still have a hard time putting him above Montana. Manning is #2 or #3... but in my mind, even as a Colts fan, the greatest QB of all time was Montana.
    Last edited by Kid Minneapolis; 10-11-2013 at 09:29 AM.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

You are not alone Kid. How could you anyways? Many people I have heard and read consider him the greatest ever and you really can't argue much against it.
    You **** up once, you lose two teeth

Many, many Colts fans are only Colts/NFL fans because of Peyton. He completely built football for the city of Indianapolis, and the state of Indiana in general. I think some of you guys are going overboard with your venom towards those Peyton fans.

I hope Peyton has a great game, but I hope the Colts win, and I'm sure the vast majority probably look at it that way. I have friends with season tickets, who are refusing to sell just because they want to cheer Peyton. I guess spending thousands of dollars a year on the Colts doesn't make them a good enough fan for some.
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right.” ― Ricky Gervais.

What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post

To Colts fans but that's about it of course it seems bigger now in general because the media is oversaturated now compared to back then.

When his name is announced give him the biggest ovation ever heard in LOS. Then during the game boo him like crazy.
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

I won't be there, but if I were in the stands, I would cheer like crazy for Manning when he's introduced, and then I would only cheer for the Colts the rest of the game.

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    Many, many Colts fans are only Colts/NFL fans because of Peyton. He completely built football for the city of Indianapolis, and the state of Indiana in general. I think some of you guys are going overboard with your venom towards those Peyton fans.

I hope Peyton has a great game, but I hope the Colts win, and I'm sure the vast majority probably look at it that way. I have friends with season tickets, who are refusing to sell just because they want to cheer Peyton. I guess spending thousands of dollars a year on the Colts doesn't make them a good enough fan for some.
    I have friends with season tickets but they know I love Peyton so they gave me tickets. ill cheer for him before the game but he becomes the opponent once kickoff starts. that's just how i look at football.
    "We want Miami"

Quote Originally Posted by Coopdog23 View Post
    I have friends with season tickets but they know I love Peyton so they gave me tickets. ill cheer for him before the game but he becomes the opponent once kickoff starts. that's just how i look at football.
    Geez, you have some very generous friends. There's no way in hell I'd giveaway tix to this game if I had them lol.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

NBC's video set to that I'm coming home song is making me all emotional, damn it, let my cold, dead heart stay cold and dead.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    Geez, you have some very generous friends. There's no way in hell I'd giveaway tix to this game if I had them lol.
    This game is Super Bowl level. It's kind of bananas. Second tier Marriott brand hotels are charging 999 a night this weekend downtown.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

This game is Super Bowl level. It's kind of bananas. Second tier Marriott brand hotels are charging 999 a night this weekend downtown.
    The Eagles are also in town on Friday night. I saw them in Louisville back in July and it was a great show.

Huge weekend for downtown.

Quote Originally Posted by PacerDude View Post
    Interesting stat - Denver has the #1 rush defense and the 32nd pass defense.

I'm sure it's because teams are trying to catch up. Kind of makes sense that you'd want to get a lead on them early. They'll need to be successful with the run from the start.
    Maybe, but Henne was able to find Blackmon all day yesterday. The pass D just isn't very good. Luck should have a field day.

I'm OK with Dickerson. He was the first "big star" in our Indy era and brought us attention that we desperately needed.

Faulk though? No way. Stud running back here, but there's just not enough on the resume' to justify it, IMHO. We're really starting to lower the standards with him. I don't mean that in a nasty way, but I think it should be reserved for the elite of the elite. Aren't we going to be adding like eight or so names from the Manning era?

Harrison is already there (no brainer)
    Edge is already there (no brainer)
    Dungy is already there (no brainer)
    Peyton will obviously get in
    Saturday will get in
    Wayne will get in
    Freeney and Mathis will get in
    Tarik Glenn should get in

Who else? All of these guys played here longer than Faulk's five.
    What about Bethea? I say he deserves it.

What about Bethea? I say he deserves it.

I like Bethea a lot, but I don't think I'd put him in. I feel that there should be some sort of elite status to it, and putting a guy like Bethea in really lowers the threshold. It's basically saying that you get in if you make a couple of pro bowls and play for a while. Manning, Harrison, Edge, Saturday, Mathis, Freeney were all perennial pro bowlers who were at/near the top of their respective positions for multiple years. Bethea has played here for a long time and is very very good, but I don't think he is at the level of those guys...IMHO. He has the longevity, but not quite the elite level of play.
    Last edited by Sollozzo; 10-14-2013 at 12:09 PM.

I like Bethea a lot, but I don't think I'd put it in. I feel that there should be some sort of elite status to it, and putting a guy like Bethea in really lowers the threshold. It's basically saying that you get in if you make a couple of pro bowls and play for a while. Manning, Harrison, Edge, Saturday, Mathis, Freeney were all perennial pro bowlers who were at/near the top of their respective positions for multiple years. Bethea has played here for a long time and is very very good, but I don't think he is at the level of those guys...IMHO. He has the longevity, but not quite the elite level of play.

Hmmm, maybe. I look at it that Bethea has been a top 3-4 defensive player his whole career on the team. He's made some big plays, and has been a very reliable member of a great team. If we were to win another Super Bowl would that change your mind? That would give him 3 super bowl appearances and two rings and integral part of the D in every appearance.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Hmmm, maybe. I look at it that Bethea has been a top 3-4 defensive player his whole career on the team. He's made some big plays, and has been a very reliable member of a great team. If we were to win another Super Bowl would that change your mind? That would give him 3 super bowl appearances and two rings and integral part of the D in every appearance.
    Yes, making three Super Bowls would be a very unique thing on his resume' and just might be enough to push him over the top in my mind. And I'm not ruling him out. He's fringe, but I think he needs to do a bit more.

Damn, the more I am thinking about this game the more I know it's going to be tough seeing Peyton on LOF in Bronco orange. Peyton being away has been weird as a fan, yes, but the Broncos and Colts have not really crossed paths at all (even in the sense of them beating someone would help us get into the playoffs or vice versa) so it hasn't completely sunk into me that he's the opposition now.

It's a shame we have a game to play before we get to the Bronco matchup...
    I hope the team isn't looking past tonight's game like we are...
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

NBC's video set to that I'm coming home song is making me all emotional, damn it, let my cold, dead heart stay cold and dead.
    I had the same thought when I saw that spot on NBC. I want my heart to be dead and cold for this game so I can root for Mathis and them to crush Peyton and send him back to Denver with a loss. The lead up to this game is going to be ridiculous.

This city has spoiled the hell out of me the past 2 calendar years, this game is gigantic, but events like this are just becoming the norm around here in pro sports.