Thread: Rams called Brett Favre.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Rams called Brett Favre.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
    St. Louis called Brett Favre, asking if the 44-year-old QB if he would be willing to play. Favre declined. More to story on ESPN all day.

wonder if he would come back for the right money+team?
    Counting down the days untill DJ Augustin's contract expires.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Rams called Brett Favre.

Hahahaha. It never ends, does it?
    You **** up once, you lose two teeth

#DickPics

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

With Grandpa you never know

A part of me kind of hopes he comes back and makes an inexplicable run then I can get the Manning/Favre SB that we almost had 4 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    With Grandpa you never know

A part of me kind of hopes he comes back and makes an inexplicable run then I can get the Manning/Favre SB that we almost had 4 years ago.

I wish that would have been the SB. There's no way that Chilly would have had the stones to go for an onside kick.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Yeah I think we would've won that SB for sure.

Plus Manning/Favre only had two matchups I think their entire career a shame really considering what an offensive shootout the last one was.

But it shows how bad QBs are when they think a 44 year old Favre is more effective.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Basketball Fan For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post
    Yeah I think we would've won that SB for sure.

Plus Manning/Favre only had two matchups I think their entire career a shame really considering what an offensive shootout the last one was.

But it shows how bad QBs are when they think a 44 year old Favre is more effective.

Yeah, they only played twice. We lost at Lambeau at 2000, but beat them in that epic 2004 shootout at the Dome. The next time we returned to Lambeau was in 2008, which was Rodgers' first season as the starter.

As far as the Packers are concerned, the Colts have had tremendous success against them in Indy. In 1997, they were the 8-2 defending champs and we were the 0-10 leader of the Peyton sweepstakes. Yet we somehow beat them. Then there was the 2004 epic shootout between Manning and Favre. And we all obviously remember the epic 2012 game against them. I might as well use this opportunity to remind people that in Luck's young career, he has already notched wins against Aaron Rodgers, Matthew Stafford, Colin Kaepernick, Russell Wilson, and Peyton Manning. Not bad......

But yeah, I wish we would have played the Vikings in the Super Bowl that year. Like I said, there's no way Chilly would have attempted an onside kick like Sean Payton. Peterson would have given us trouble, but I still would have liked our chances. Manning-Favre would have been a great match up. That NFC Championship game had to be absolutely brutal for Vikings fans. I don't know if I've ever seen a team blow so many opportunities to win a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    But yeah, I wish we would have played the Vikings in the Super Bowl that year. Like I said, there's no way Chilly would have attempted an onside kick like Sean Payton. Peterson would have given us trouble, but I still would have liked our chances. Manning-Favre would have been a great match up. That NFC Championship game had to be absolutely brutal for Vikings fans. I don't know if I've ever seen a team blow so many opportunities to win a game.
    Me too. That was the first (and only) year I went to Mardi Gras and it being like two weeks after the Super Bowl I got a healthy dose of "Who dat?!" noise. Tainted Mardi Gras for me. Actually being down there and seeing the city and the condition it was in, that Super Bowl meant more to the city of New Orleans than I can describe. That was how I justified it in my head. Those people needed that. We already had one. Two is better, but if we were going to lose, better lose to a team/city that needs it than someone like the Cowboys. I guess the Minnesota fans are pretty tortured too, but the devastation of Katrina tipped the scales for me.

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    Me too. That was the first (and only) year I went to Mardi Gras and it being like two weeks after the Super Bowl I got a healthy dose of "Who dat?!" noise. Tainted Mardi Gras for me. Actually being down there and seeing the city and the condition it was in, that Super Bowl meant more to the city of New Orleans than I can describe. That was how I justified it in my head. Those people needed that. We already had one. Two is better, but if we were going to lose, better lose to a team/city that needs it than someone like the Cowboys. I guess the Minnesota fans are pretty tortured too, but the devastation of Katrina tipped the scales for me.

It definitely was a great story, but my Colts fandom prevents me from feeling even the slightest bit of joy for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    It definitely was a great story, but my Colts fandom prevents me from feeling even the slightest bit of joy for them.
    Oh I still hated them and refused to acknowledge Brees as the King of Mardi Gras or whatever the actual dopey title is.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Vikings winning it all would've bothered me less because the whole Katrina thing reeked of manipulation. They aren't the first or last place to receive devastating weather. Its like when the Rams/Pats met in the SB we were supposed to support the Pats because of 9/11 etc as if Rams fans supporting their team was less American or something.

That and they already lost 4 SB's that's pretty brutal.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Basketball Fan For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

...and it being like two weeks after the Super Bowl I got a healthy dose of "Who dat?!" noise...
    Since you brought it up, if there's a more annoying team slogan/cheer out there than "Who Dat?!" I'd like to know what it is. Even J-E-T-S! JETS! JETS! JETS! is more tolerable. Event he Atlanta Braves chant and tomahawk chop is more tolerable. Even Cubs fans saying "wait 'til next year" is more tolerable.

Quote Originally Posted by travmil View Post
    Since you brought it up, if there's a more annoying team slogan/cheer out there than "Who Dat?!" I'd like to know what it is. Even J-E-T-S! JETS! JETS! JETS! is more tolerable. Event he Atlanta Braves chant and tomahawk chop is more tolerable. Even Cubs fans saying "wait 'til next year" is more tolerable.
    "Da Bears" just because Chicago fans suck.
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right.” ― Ricky Gervais.

What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:

called up favre? Christ, while they are at it, why not call up kurt warner too? I mean warner has far fewer miles on him than favre. That last season of watching favre should put away any belief of whether he can still play. He is done done and super-done.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

The best response I saw was on PFT and was among the lines of "What? Jeff George and Jeff Garcia were busy?"
    You **** up once, you lose two teeth

I bet that Favre and Warner could still sling it around better than quite a few NFL quarterbacks. But at the ages they are, there's just no way that they'd consider coming back and taking hits.

Warner might still be able but favre? Nah. He looked washed up in that last year. Besides, I heard on the radio that he is ALREADY suffering memory loss.