Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Chad Ford reporting Sheed deal is going down......

Default Re: Chad Ford reporting Sheed deal is going down......

A frontcourt of Okur, R. Wallace and B. Wallace is absolutely scary. They are going to shred Al, Jeff and JO.
    Another thing, to try and put this in perspective. If that lineup is SO scary, then why is it that a lineup of Wallace, Randolph, and Davis was SO terrible? You people need to realize that Sheed's not the same player he was five years ago.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

If Bender lives up to his potential in these next few weeks, he's both tall enough and quick enough to give Sheed problems.

But that's a big IF, and I'm a Bender fan.

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

A frontcourt of Okur, R. Wallace and B. Wallace is absolutely scary. They are going to shred Al, Jeff and JO.
    Another thing, to try and put this in perspective. If that lineup is SO scary, then why is it that a lineup of Wallace, Randolph, and Davis was SO terrible? You people need to realize that Sheed's not the same player he was five years ago.
    The unspoken element is that there's still Rip Hamilton and Chauncey to shoot the lights out of the ball from the perimeter.

Okur = Randolph; Big Ben > Dale.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

If Bender lives up to his potential in these next few weeks, he's both tall enough and quick enough to give Sheed problems.

"I'm tall enough, quick enough, and gosh darn it, people like me!"

You're right. We have nothing to be concerned about.

Well it is 3 eastern now. Guess nothing else happening.

tdeltdot

Is Bender good enough of a defender to cover sheed on that end of the court? Haven't seen him play much, myself.

A line-up with Sheed and Prince also oughta be able to play transition o. as well as almost any team in the league.

"I'm tall enough, quick enough, and gosh darn it, people like me!"

All I hear is pissing and moaning in this thread.......

I am with Kegboy

He's got a positive attitude...THE WORLD IS NOT GOING TO END

Why don't we all take a "watchful waiting" stance on this

The only thing that really upsets me is the fact WE lost Artest.

All I hear is pissing and moaning in this thread.......

I am with Kegboy

He's got a positive attitude...THE WORLD IS NOT GOING TO END

Why don't we all take a "watchful waiting" stance on this

The only thing that really upsets me is the fact WE lost Artest.

I'll take our team into battle any night against anyone.

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Oh I'm with ya Waxman...I just wanted them to make it easier for the P's. Now I'm gonna have to sit thru many more close games...I'm getting too old for that.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

Oh I'm with ya Waxman...I just wanted them to make it easier for the P's. Now I'm gonna have to sit thru many more close games...I'm getting too old for that.
    I hear ya Geez...today hasn't been the greatest day... but if last season was character building...this will be a challenge the Pacers look forward too...Everyone seems to be expecting the worst, when I actually don't think we've seen even close to the best the Pacers can offer....as good as the first half of the season was, record wise... I think this team is capable of much better play... we've haven't put together a complete game with all cyllinders firing on both ends of the floor all season. IMO

PistonsDynasty

I'd rather have the west roll over whoever gets to the finals again. If it can't be us, rather just keep the status quo.
    Come on man. You might hate the Pistons but that's just because they are in the same the divison. But elite teams in the West are Nazis. They are the worst scum in the NBA.

It's the lesser of 2 evils. Who do you really hate more? The top 5 in the West or the Pistons?

Elite teams in the west are Nazis? Uh.. ok. I don't hate any team in the NBA really. Maybe the Nets don't care for their players much but that is it. I'd rather have Minnesota, Sacramento, or SA or someone win a title than anyone in the east but the Pacers.

My MY my, how the tides have changed......

Anyway, Sheed's agent was on the radio and said Sheed is "open" to the idea of staying in Detroit. Joe also said that he would use Sheed's bird rights to resign him if possible. But if not, hey, at least we get to keep Okur. People forget Larry Brown is Sheed's BIGGEST fan. He goes way back with Rasheed and some of sheed's Carolina buddies are on our coaching staff. If the Pistons make a run in the playoffs with Sheed, I wouldnt rule him out as a Piston next season.

ly wont be sure how this will work out until tomorrow, but I know one thing: This is the best frontline sheed has EVER played on. He Okur and Wallace will be a heck of a tough frontline.

As for our bench, I think weve IMPROVED it. Prince, James and Corliss are hardly chopped liver. Hopefully Darko can earn some backup minutes.

Look at it this way: before today, I conceeded the conference to Indiana. Now all bets are off.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

but I know one thing: This is the best frontline sheed has EVER played on. He Okur and Wallace will be a heck of a tough frontline.
    I don't know about that. Portland with Sabonis, Grant, Pippen, and others seems like it was better to me. Even JO sitting back on the bench there.

but I know one thing: This is the best frontline sheed has EVER played on. He Okur and Wallace will be a heck of a tough frontline.
    I don't know about that. Portland with Sabonis, Grant, Pippen, and others seems like it was better to me. Even JO sitting back on the bench there.
    Grant, Sabonis and Pippen (at that time) were past their prime. Okur and Wallace are both better players now than they were then.

Our guards are also better.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

I disagree. Portland 99/00 team would have killed these Pistons. I think you overrate your talent a bit. But hey, just opinions here.

I disagree. Portland 99/00 team would have killed these Pistons. I think you overrate your talent a bit. But hey, just opinions here.
    Absolutely, positively correct. When Brian Grant (a year before signing a max deal, however ill-advised) is your backup, you've got serious talent. Besides those mentioned, you had Detlef (his last good year) and Augmon as well. When Jermaine O'Neal and Stacey Augmon are your mop-up third-team guys, you've got a seriously strong defensive front line. Of course, they had to be with Stoudamire and Smith in the back, but they still forced 7 against that first Laker team, which I feel was by far the best since Phil came on.

(A funny side note, looking at that team's roster. Only 3 players played in all 82 regular season games for Portland that year: Steve Smith, Scottie Pippen, and Greg Anthony, with Pippen the only one starting all 82. What a difference 5 years makes.)