Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Chad Ford reporting Sheed deal is going down......

Booger

Default Re: Chad Ford reporting Sheed deal is going down......

Damn. The flocking purple hippo beat me to it.

Oh please let it be Detroit. He'll ruin that team.

On the other hand, if it's NY, then I officially move from "concerned" to "scared" where the Knicks are concerned.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Booger

On the other hand, if it's NY, then I officially move from "concerned" to "scared" where the Knicks are concerned.

Yep, it's Detroit.

Don't worry, the Knickerbockers will have his sorry *** next year.

That sucks for us. I don't know how you think Sheed will destroy Detroit. They are gonna be a much better team. Artest out and other top teams in the east improving.. gonna be a sad second half of season

Yep, it's Detroit.

Oh I know. But I'll worry about next year next year.

Booger

That sucks for us. I don't know how you think Sheed will destroy Detroit. They are gonna be a much better team. Artest out and other top teams in the east improving.. gonna be a sad second half of season

It'll be fun to see what the Pistons have left at the end of the day. They definitely won't be very deep for the rest of the year.

Let's see the Pistons get Sheed, the Pacers lose Artest.

This is one of the worst days ever

It'll be fun to see what the Pistons have left at the end of the day. They definitely won't be very deep for the rest of the year.
    They are trading Bobby Sura, Rebraca, Lindsey Hunter, and Chucky Atkins for him. Only player worthwhile on that list is Atkins and they can surley make up for his loss. Think they are getting Mike James in the deal to play backup, so they say elsewhere.

Booger

They are trading Bobby Sura, Rebraca, Lindsey Hunter, and Chucky Atkins for him. Only player worthwhile on that list is Atkins and they can surley make up for his loss. Think they are getting Mike James in the deal to play backup, so they say elsewhere.
    Provided the Pistons stay healthy, they're going to be extremely dangerous. If they sustain a couple injuries, it could be extremely dangerous to them.

High risk, high reward situation.

Yep, it's Detroit.

I'll take him for the MLE. Didn't want to have to trade anything decent for him.

And Detroit will have a free run at Okur.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

Let's see the Pistons get Sheed, the Pacers lose Artest.

This is one of the worst days ever
    Really Buck? Detroit trading away their entire bench for rent-a-Sheed worries you? I still think NJ will knock them out come playoff time. Unless you think we're gonna tank so bad we lose the #1 seed.

mg:

Provided the Pistons stay healthy, they're going to be extremely dangerous. If they sustain a couple injuries, it could be extremely dangerous to them.

That goes for pretty much every team. If you lose a key player to injury you are going to be hurt. Those guys they traded supposedly are not going to make up for losing any of their key players. They are all worthless guys with ending contracts except for Atkins. Detroit is improving tons here unless the deal turns out to be something else.

Booger

I'll take him for the MLE. Didn't want to have to trade anything decent for him.

I imagine Sheed will gladly accept the MLE from you guys in the summer. The Pistons will be able to re-sign Okur, and everybody's happy . . . except for Pacer fans.

Well, at least we didn't lose Artest today or anything . . .

Oh wait.

If that deal goes down then Atlanta should be thrown out of the league Thats not even close to a legit trade Sheed for a bunch of borderline scrubs, how Stern can let a shi*ty team like the Hawks affect the competitive balance of the top teams in the East is a joke. If Det. would have called Portland and offered those players Nash would have hung the phone up, to get Rasheed without having to trade one of their 6 best players is a joke. I mentioned it when Atlanta obtained Sheed that I thought they would buy him out and affect the top teams instead they just gave him away and affected the top teams, they affected the balance of the top teams. I'm angry and the 76ers aren't even in contention.

Just once I'd like to able to trade our crap for a guy like Sheed (well, hopefully minus his personality sometime).

Or sign said guy for the freakin' MLE just because of where you are on the map.

Ok guys please answer me on this, why is this trade able to go down. I thought that there was a 60 day hold on players being traded once they were traded to a team.

Yep, it's Detroit.

Sorry, got my wires crossed. Yep, works well for Zeke.

If that deal goes down then Atlanta should be thrown out of the league Thats not even close to a legit trade Sheed for a bunch of borderline scrubs, how Stern can let a shi*ty team like the Hawks affect the competitive balance of the top teams in the East is a joke. If Det. would have called Portland and offered those players Nash would have hung the phone up, to get Rasheed without having to trade one of their 6 best players is a joke. I mentioned it when Atlanta obtained Sheed that I thought they would buy him out and affect the top teams instead they just gave him away and affected the top teams, they affected the balance of the top teams. I'm angry and the 76ers aren't even in contention.
    I know, all these trades this season with the knicks and such now this are really absurd. Can't be good for the league =\

Booger

That goes for pretty much every team. If you lose a key player to injury you are going to be hurt. Those guys they traded supposedly are not going to make up for losing any of their key players. They are all worthless guys with ending contracts except for Atkins. Detroit is improving tons here unless the deal turns out to be something else.
    I agree with you completely. We're just coming at it from different angles...

Booger

<edit> Damn't . . . beaten by the slap-happy hippo again.

I see your ctrl+c works better than mine.

Here's the details:

Boston gets: Chucky Atkins, Lindsey Hunter and the Pistons first round pick this year.

Detroit gets: Rasheed Wallace and Mike James

Atlanta gets: Chris Mills, Zeljko Rebraca, Bob Sura and the Bucks first round pick owed to Detroit.
    That is so terrible. So basically, Atlanta doing all this for a middle of the road 1st round pick since Sheed was cap space anyway? =\

Helps Boston some too.

PistonsDynasty

I like the Pacers but I found out Artest is out now.

Well atleast we have a team that can really give the West a run for their money in the finals.

Wow.

Who's gonna yell "Jinx!!" first?

Well atleast we have a team that can really give the West a run for their money in the finals.
    Hope so, if it's not meant to be us.

Not a huge fan of Detroit, but I like them a hell of a lot better than I do New Jersey, and like I said, if we're not in the Finals, I hope it's you and you win.

I'd rather have the west roll over whoever gets to the finals again. If it can't be us, rather just keep the status quo.