Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Week 6: @ Chargers

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Week 6: @ Chargers

Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Actually Brady played the Chargers twice once during our SB year and in the AFC Title game the following season where they beat us to play them.

Whoops, good catch. Should have remembered that considering the Chargers beat us to go to the AFCCG.

I remember because the Colts put Marvin back in the lineup and I knew we were doomed since he was gone most of the year

Argh!

I think we might've had a Super Manning Bowl that year too .......

But even if we lose tonight it won't be that bad considering the rest of the division is rather underwhelming... I prefer we win of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post
    I remember because the Colts put Marvin back in the lineup and I knew we were doomed since he was gone most of the year

Argh!

I think we might've had a Super Manning Bowl that year too .......

But even if we lose tonight it won't be that bad considering the rest of the division is rather underwhelming... I prefer we win of course.
    I'm just the opposite on this and think we really need the win tonight. Colts win and there will be less pressure on an already hyped Bronco game where it becomes more of a must win to stay a head in the AFC South.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RWB For This Useful Post:

Yeah this is arguably one of the most important games of the season. A win tonight moves us to 2 games ahead in the division and a 3-0 start on the road.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by RWB View Post
    I'm just the opposite on this and think we really need the win tonight. Colts win and there will be less pressure on an already hyped Bronco game where it becomes more of a must win to stay a head in the AFC South.
    Plus our next game after the Denver game is in Houston after the bye week, which is also on Sunday Night Football. Houston might be in bad shape right now, but that will still likely be a very difficult game. The Texans will treat it like it's the Super Bowl.

I agree, tonight's game is huge.

I swear it seems like a playoff game I'm remembering... Did SD have the Pats beat and lose in the waning seconds? Maybe that is what I'm remembering... a game they should've won....

EDIT.... That's it.... SD had an 8 point lead and intercepted the ball on 4th down. Then Troy Brown stripped it giving the ball back to the Pats with a new set of downs. SD challenged and lost. The Pats drove, scored, got a 2 point conversion to tie the game. Then got the ball back for the FG for the lead. SD drove and then missed a long FG for the tie thus snatching defeat from the jaws of victory....
    Last edited by Bball; 10-14-2013 at 12:00 PM.
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    I swear it seems like a playoff game I'm remembering... Did SD have the Pats beat and lose in the waning seconds? Maybe that is what I'm remembering... a game they should've won....
    I think you're thinking of the Divisional Game in the 06-07 season that the Pats narrowly won in SD, which set the stage for the AFCCG. San Diego missed a field goal at the end of that game that would have sent it to OT.

Quote Originally Posted by RWB View Post
    That's a good point we haven't locked anything up yet but really the Titans scare me more than the Texans and with Locker out till November I think the Colts treading water won't be as bad as it would've been last season when the Texans were a better team.

I know the Texans are kind of free falling right now but damn they've got some really good talent. They still have time to get it together.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

RWB I don't think the Texans can string together a lot wins based on Schaub. They lack consistency from him so all that talent goes untapped.

Where is all this talent guys? Foster is a good player, but Andre Johnson has been slowing down consistently for the past 2 years. Owen Daniels has had injury issues. They've never found a solid number 2 receiver. The offensive line has not been blocking well and the only competent guy defensively is JJ Watt.

It's easy to blame Schaub but they allowed Bradford and questionable Rams offense to march up and down on them yesterday.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    Where is all this talent guys? Foster is a good player, but Andre Johnson has been slowing down consistently for the past 2 years. Owen Daniels has had injury issues. They've never found a solid number 2 receiver. The offensive line has not been blocking well and the only competent guy defensively is JJ Watt.

It's easy to blame Schaub but they allowed Bradford and questionable Rams offense to march up and down on them yesterday.
    Andre Johnson had more receiving yards last season than any other season in his career. This year he has been battling injuries and dealing with Schaub... I wouldnt say he is slowing down.

Obviously Houston's struggles go past Schaub. That defense is so overrated. Foster and Johnson being banged up isn't helping either. But Schaub is still playing ******.

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I think the thing I'm most interested to see in the next few games is our play-calling. We're going up against two of the worst pass defenses in the league in SD and Denver, who are also both in the top of the league in rush defense. Convention should say that we'll rely more on Luck in these two games and less on the run, which means TRich may not break out as we hope.

But the games need to be played, and it seems like this year is one of opposites...
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    Plus our next game after the Denver game is in Houston after the bye week, which is also on Sunday Night Football. Houston might be in bad shape right now, but that will still likely be a very difficult game. The Texans will treat it like it's the Super Bowl.

I agree, tonight's game is huge.
    Maybe they should break out their letterman jackets
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    I think the thing I'm most interested to see in the next few games is our play-calling. We're going up against two of the worst pass defenses in the league in SD and Denver, who are also both in the top of the league in rush defense. Convention should say that we'll rely more on Luck in these two games and less on the run, which means TRich may not break out as we hope.

But the games need to be played, and it seems like this year is one of opposites...
    The only reason Denver has a "good" rush defense is that everybody gets behind to them and those teams end up passing a ton to try and catch up.

The best way to beat these 2 teams is to pound the ball down their throats with the running game, especially Denver. Keep Manning off the field, as we know, is the way to increase our chances to beat him. He doesn't get into his rhythm. Then throw a couple shots at him from Mathis and company early in the game and you get a Colts win (this works for SD and Denver)
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Suaveness For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post

Chargers have the 4th worst rushing defense in the league.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to PacersHomer For This Useful Post:

I'm not so much concerned about when we pass, as I am about how we pass, the deep ball has to be used consistently. Luck is just too ****ing good at it to not take 4-5 shots a game.

T.Y. Hilton needs to be heavily involved tonight. I'm going to lose my mind if we treat him like an afterthought.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    T.Y. Hilton needs to be heavily involved tonight. I'm going to lose my mind if we treat him like an afterthought.
    You and me both. I'm down one point going into tonight with Rivers/TY playing for my squad against Richardson/Woodhead. Come on TY!
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right.” ― Ricky Gervais.

What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    You and me both. I'm down one point going into tonight with Rivers/TY playing for my squad against Richardson/Woodhead. Come on TY!
    Ha, yeah you're going to be on the edge of your seat, as am I. I'm up 1.3 points. I have T.Y. Hilton and my opponent has Trent Richardson. And we're both obviously huge Colts fans. Gonna be an intense night all around. I'm dreading that we're going to see one of those 4 receptions/45 yards/0 touchdowns games from T.Y.

Think positive thoughts, think postive thoughts.
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right.” ― Ricky Gervais.

What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Every play that Dominque Jones or Stanley Havili splits out wide while TY Hilton watches from the sideline, I die a little on the inside.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

-Lance Stephenson

29. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BRushWithDeath For This Useful Post:

Inactives: LaRon Landry, Boom Herron, Xavier Nixon, Kavell Conner, Khaled Holmes, Bjeorn Werner, Montori Hughes. No surprises. Only 7 offensive linemen active.

Quote Originally Posted by PacersHomer View Post
    Inactives: LaRon Landry, Boom Herron, Xavier Nixon, Kavell Conner, Khaled Holmes, Bjeorn Werner, Montori Hughes. No surprises. Only 7 offensive linemen active.
    Wait, is Conner injured or do our coaches just have some kind of grudge against him?

can't wait to see this v Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    Wait, is Conner injured or do our coaches just have some kind of grudge against him?
    he hurt his ankle in the last preseason game but it wasn't supposed to be serious, he's played in a few games. I don't know if he got hurt again or what but they definitely seem to have something against the guy. which I don't get, he's probably our best LB not named Freeman.