Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

Thread: Week 6: @ Chargers

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Week 6: @ Chargers

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm dreading that we're going to see one of those 4 receptions/45 yards/0 touchdowns games from T.Y.

It's haunting how dead on this was. He ended up with 5 receptions/43 yards. Though in fairness to T.Y., everyone on our offense had a hideous fantasy (and real) game.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Have we passed once out of the I formation? I mean with all that talk about how predictable we are, at least make their F guessing a bit.

As being said before, I agree in a degree what they want to do with this team and developing the running game etc. What is frustrating is to have someone being stubborn and think that if one thing worked in college, it will definitely work in the NFL too.
    I honestly hope Pep is not that guy.
    You **** up once, you lose two teeth

I didn't really have too much of a problem not going for it on 4th and 2. The team is trying to build a defensive identity. Some of SD's sustained drives were at least partially due to flags. IIRC the Colts had 3 TO's left. IF you don't make that 4th and 2 it's all but guaranteed the game is over (even if SD doesn't gain a yard or lose a few a FG was a near certainty). IF there'd been a decent punt, and the team plays good D and limits those mistakes, then we get the ball back, albeit without TO's, and have one last chance to tie the game. Not to mention a chance at grabbing a turnover.

The most important part of that is 'the team is trying to build a defensive identity'. That sways me to being OK with punting the ball there. It's not like the team had been absolutely awful defensively this game or the season. And the D did alright at the end... SD hit a long FG to seal the game. A better punt and maybe that FG opportunity isn't there. So maybe the Colts lost the battle but they still scored points in the war because Pagano didn't shy away from giving his D a chance to make a mark on the game. Maybe that pays dividends down the road with him showing that confidence in the D.

I can't say it hurts the O's confidence because buried that deep on a 4th and 2, with TO's, yada yada yada you certainly still had time to make a difference and gain another possession with the D.

I'll take off the horse shoe shaped, blue colored glasses now...
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    I don't think they'll have or have had a problem seeing this game as something bigger than your average Sunday game. Then add in the natl spotlight of SNF and all of the hype leading up to it.
    Well last night was Monday night football. So that is equal is it not to Sunday Night football?

I would guess they probably do see it as more than just a regular Sunday football game. But probably 90% of the reason why they see it that way is because the Broncos are undefeated, Manning is an alltime great, and it is on Sunday night football. I mean if you want to say 10% is becauee manning used to play here, I might buy that, but only 10%.

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

When you don't execute, it makes your gameplan look stupid.

I'm passing this off for it probably is --- a bad game. Obviously, they are capable of playing better. Luck and Vinateiri showed up. That was it.

These guys didn't eat their Wheaties or their V8 before this game. They looked unfocused. The got beat at almost every individual match-up. They were missing blocks. They were dropping passes. Missing tackles. When that happens... you don't execute your plays. When you don't execute your plays, people start wondering what the hell you're doing. The gameplan we hoped to execute was what SD actually executed. They beat us at our own game. And for whatever reason... the Chargers just absolutely have our number as a franchise. We always lose to these fockers. I actually said that at the beginning of this thread... was hoping it wouldn't happen... but here we are.

I expect we'll come out against Denver looking a little more focused. We still may not win, simply because Manning is Otherworld right now, and Denver is just a better team.
    Last edited by Kid Minneapolis; 10-15-2013 at 03:46 PM.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by ECKrueger View Post
    I hope you don't think ESPN cares about the colts or bolts enough to talk about this game a lot.

Also you could be 0-5 so this frustration over this game is entertaining to me.
    Nah, why would they care, but actually I just don't want to see highlights.

The last sentence was sarcasm, BTW, I'm pretty content with being 4-2, just sucks to lose period.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions