Default Week 6: @ Chargers

We play tough and physical and the game should fall in our hands

Colts 27
    Chargers 13
    Smothered Chicken!

Default Re: Week 6: @ Chargers

Colts: 28
    Chargers: 20

Close game with a touchdown to seal the deal at the end.

Since this is an MNF game the Chargers will have a fast start then the Colts come back for the final score of

Colts 28
    Chargers 24

Punt.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Colts 31
    Chargers 21

I won't be able to watch the fourth quarter cuz work sadly. :/

As huge as winning that Seattle has was for in making people into believers of the Colts, they cannot afford a letdown game on MNF with the entire country watching. Since all of our games against actual NFL teams (Jaguars need not apply) seem to be close, I will assume this one will be too. And I like Luck a hell of a lot more in close games than Pip Rivers. I would love to see us come out and dominate them and really announce to the football world that we are a force, but I think something in the 28-24 realm is more realistic.

Edit: Guess I forgot we more or less manhandled the 49ers too. Oh well, still vote for a close game. San Diego is a bit helter skelter.

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

SD always plays us tough... Rivers is good when he's on, and he always seems to be "on" for Indy. It's at their house. I expect we should win, but I'd be surprised if SD didn't give us a game.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    SD always plays us tough... Rivers is good when he's on, and he always seems to be "on" for Indy. It's at their house. I expect we should win, but I'd be surprised if SD didn't give us a game.
    You remember that year when the Chargers beat us in the playoffs and the MVP of the game (I don't think he was actually the game's MVP, but watching it, he absolutely was) was their damn punter?

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    You remember that year when the Chargers beat us in the playoffs and the MVP of the game (I don't think he was actually the game's MVP, but watching it, he absolutely was) was their damn punter?
    Might be the greatest game any punter has ever had, defiantly the greatest game by a punter I have ever seen. The sad thing is I doubt anyone but Charger fans remembers his name.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    Might be the greatest game any punter has ever had, defiantly the greatest game by a punter I have ever seen. The sad thing is I doubt anyone but Charger fans remembers his name.
    Mike Scifres

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    Our Super Bowl championship was followed up by TWO STRAIGHT YEARS of losing to those clowns in the playoffs. If there is any stat that perfectly epitomizes our lack of postseason success, it's that one. No one else in the AFC ever had a problem with them. NE, Pitt, and even NYJ all were able to dispose of them. But they completely had our number.

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    Our Super Bowl championship was followed up by TWO STRAIGHT YEARS of losing to those clowns in the playoffs. If there is any stat that perfectly epitomizes our lack of postseason success, it's that one. No one else in the AFC ever had a problem with them. NE, Pitt, and even NYJ all were able to dispose of them. But they completely had our number.
    I get your point and agree but I do seem to recall SD upsetting Brady and the Pats in the playoffs. I guess that could be a regular season game I'm remembering but I'm pretty sure it was the playoffs. Maybe a game that funneled SD to one of those games against the Colts even...
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    I get your point and agree but I do seem to recall SD upsetting Brady and the Pats in the playoffs. I guess that could be a regular season game I'm remembering but I'm pretty sure it was the playoffs. Maybe a game that funneled SD to one of those games against the Colts even...
    Brady has played them twice in the playoffs and beat them both times. 06 and 07.

Since thee Chargers made the Super Bowl in the 1994 season, they have only won three playoff games. Two of them were those back to back years they beat us. The other was in 07 when they beat the Titans before coming to Indy and knocking us off.

Very depressing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...argers_seasons
    Last edited by Sollozzo; 10-14-2013 at 11:28 AM.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

At this point, it's hard to bet against Luck in a big game. The kid just always comes through. That being said, we know that there is the potential for something screwy to happen since it always seems to when we play these clowns. I'll still say Colts 30 Chargers 27.

Our next three games are on national TV. This one is on MNF and the next two, Broncos and Texans (after bye week), are on SNF. We have a HUGE opportunity over the next month to make a big national statement.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

The Doctor's In The House TheDon's Avatar

Trying to keep this up towards the top, so that people can talk in it instead of the Colts - Broncos thread for tomorrow.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...e-1999-season/

ESPN helps avoid first MNF blackout since 1999 season

Posted by Mike Florio on October 12, 2013, 6:14 PM EDT

With 9,000 tickets left to sell as of Thursday, there’s no way the Chargers could have avoided a blackout of their game against the Colts without financial assistance. (Or without buying some of the tickets on their own.) With no blackout of any Monday Night Football game since the last week of the 1999 season, ESPN stepped up to preserve a streak that predates the movement of MNF to the four-lettter network by seven years.

The Chargers have announced that ESPN and a “consortium” of sponsors have guaranteed the purchase of enough tickets to lift the local blackout. (We won’t be listing the consortium of sponsors by name, unless they also want to become a consortium of PFT sponsors.)

It means that the tickets were purchased at 34 cents on the dollar. It also means that the commitment likely was made before the false urgency of a 24-hour extension may have prompted some suckers customers to buy tickets, under the impression that’s the only way they’d see the game.

“ESPN is pleased to have avoided the blackout and we are happy to work with local military and charitable organizations in San Diego to distribute a portion of the tickets to individuals and families who otherwise would not have the opportunity to attend the game,” ESPN’s senior director of programming and acquisitions Doug White said.

With ESPN already paying more than $100 million per week to broadcast Monday Night Football, what’s another $500,000 or so to escape the embarrassment of having a supposedly marquee game not televised in its local market?

Of course, it won’t really help ESPN locally, since the game will be broadcast on KUSI-TV in San Diego. But ESPN has avoided the stigma of having a Monday Night Football game blacked out on its watch.

And the NFL has extended its string of no blackouts in the 2013 season to six weeks, with an asterisk or two.

Or 9,000.

Move the Chargers to LA already.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

LA Chargers does have a ring to it.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

$100 million per broadcast on MNF? **** me!
    You **** up once, you lose two teeth

I think the Raiders/Chiefs should've been an MNF game if this was going to happen.

Of course if I were a Chargers fan given how the last two MNF games have went I wouldn't want to go one again either.

Colts are a full 2 games up in the division if they win tomorrow night. Important game with the Broncos looming.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to presto123 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Bad vibes about tonight.

Rivers for all all his shortcomings with his INT's lately, remains a very good passer. Wanna see how the team will respond to a non running QB, how good the coverage will be in the secondary(no reason to be alarmed there but still) but mainly how Angerer and Freeman will look like dropping in coverage.
    Last time we faced (more of ) a pocket passer was against Tannehill and it was rather ugly.

I am not afraid about our offense much as we are good in skill positions as long as the playcalling makes sense.

PS: Gabbert is non entity as a QB so he doesn't count at all.
    You **** up once, you lose two teeth

No prediction on this and holding my breath. I want that two game lead on the division big time.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

29. The Following User Says Thank You to RWB For This Useful Post:

Our QB said it best "It's a big deal"

In Luck I trust, Colts 27 Chargers 20

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Let's not talk about that. I'm thoroughly convinced any Luck team will not lose the same way in the playoffs
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.