Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 31

Thread: Laron Landry's ankle

  1. #1
    Stay focused SMosley21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Going the distance
    Age
    31
    Posts
    2,534

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Laron Landry's ankle

    Is the guy's ankle broken? He hasn't even had a limited practice designation since after the Dolphins game in week 2.



    Grown Man Ball

  2. #2
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    21,756

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Laron Landry's ankle

    Could be a high ankle sprain. Those usually take a couple of months to heal.

    Treatment Options

    The goals of treatment are to have the tibia and fibula located in the correct position with respect to each other and to heal in that position. It is very important to note that these injuries can take a lot longer than typical ankle sprains to heal. In the absence of a broken bone, the treatment immediately following the injury is to rest the leg, ice for 20 minutes every two to three hours, provide gentle compression in the form of an Ace wrap, and elevate the leg with the toes above the nose. The patient will commonly have enough tenderness that they need a CAM Walker boot (removable walking boot). Aggressive therapy when weight bearing is possible is very important. This includes strengthening those tendons on the outside of the ankle called the peroneals and doing proprioception (teaching a patient to feel how the ankle is positioned and moves).

    It usually takes six weeks or more to return to play, but can sometimes take even longer. One good indication that a person is ready to go back to sports is if they can hop on the foot 15 times. This type of treatment is acceptable if there is no obvious widening between the tibia and the fibula on the x-rays. If there is widening, which is called “diastasis,” or if there is an ankle fracture (broken bone) in the same setting, surgery is often needed. There is debate as to how to properly fix these injuries, but the idea is to put the fibula and tibia back together and hold them with either screws or new devices that contain a suture, which is the same type of material used to close wounds.


    Recovery

    As mentioned above, the recovery for high ankle sprains can take considerably longer than typical ankle sprains. In fact, it can take six to seven weeks before athletes return to play. In those cases in which a separation of the tibia and fibula or fracture has occurred and surgery is necessary, patients will likely need to be nonweightbearing in a cast followed by a walking boot for about 12 weeks. It is important to do early range of motion passively, meaning with the help of a therapist that moves the ankle, so as to avoid stiffness. The screws are commonly taken out in a second, small surgery before full weightbearing is allowed so they will not break.
    http://www.aofas.org/footcaremd/cond...le-Sprain.aspx
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right.” ― Ricky Gervais.

    What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

    Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    29
    Posts
    5,941

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Laron Landry's ankle

    Jamaal Tinsley version 2.0

    Loved watching him play when he was not injured......which sadly wasnt often

  4. #4
    Member Johanvil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Athens, Greece
    Posts
    3,399

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Laron Landry's ankle

    As I said on the other thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Johanvil View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Landry did not participate again in practice. I'd bet he is day to day yet. Bob Sanders 2.0
    I am not that familiar with that day-to-day status. When you say that, isn't more likely to be back in few days and not be sidelined so long as Landry has been?

  5. #5
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    21,756

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Laron Landry's ankle

    Wells tweeted earlier today that it is a high ankle sprain.
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right.” ― Ricky Gervais.

    What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

    Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

  6. #6
    Member Johanvil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Athens, Greece
    Posts
    3,399

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Laron Landry's ankle

    ...and he should be back for the game @ San Diego according to Chuck.

  7. #7
    Stay focused SMosley21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Going the distance
    Age
    31
    Posts
    2,534

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Laron Landry's ankle

    and he's not playing against San Diego. This is getting old.

    Grown Man Ball

  8. #8

    Default Re: Laron Landry's ankle

    It's a high ankle sprain, it takes time to heal
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Suaveness For This Useful Post:


  10. #9
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    20,514

    Default Re: Laron Landry's ankle

    I don't think you can compare a legitimate injury to Tinsely's Pacer issues (regardless of what it was called on paper).
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

    -John Wooden

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:


  12. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    29
    Posts
    5,941

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Laron Landry's ankle

    Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't think you can compare a legitimate injury to Tinsely's Pacer issues (regardless of what it was called on paper).
    Bad example, but i could not think of another. Maybe Bender?

    regardlesa, my point was i loved Landry when he was healthy. Which was not often.

  13. #11
    Raw Talent Robertmto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    The Nap
    Posts
    5,262
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Laron Landry's ankle

    it was the same thing in Washington. Get used to it Colts fans
    STARBURY

    08 and Beyond

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to Robertmto For This Useful Post:


  15. #12

    Default Re: Laron Landry's ankle

    If its a high ankle sprains then it doesn't shock me at all that his out, he should no doubt be ready vs Denver though, or else I will be worried about how serious it is

  16. #13

    Default Re: Laron Landry's ankle

    Honestly I already wrote him off as out for the season you think I'm exaggerating but I really don't trust teams being honest with injuries.

  17. #14
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    17,802

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Laron Landry's ankle

    We've had bad luck with the health of our 2013 free agent signings:

    - Donald Thomas out for season
    - Ahmad Bradshaw out for season
    - LaRon Landry has only played two games so far
    - Ricky Jean Francois has only played three games so far

  18. #15

    Default Re: Laron Landry's ankle

    Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Honestly I already wrote him off as out for the season you think I'm exaggerating but I really don't trust teams being honest with injuries.
    I'm assuming you have never dealt with a high ankle sprain before? This isn't out of the ordinary for this type of injury at all, he will be back for the Denver game, if not, then be worried

  19. #16

    Default Re: Laron Landry's ankle

    Quote Originally Posted by Robertmto View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    it was the same thing in Washington. Get used to it Colts fans
    We are. His name is Bob Sanders
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

  20. #17

    Default Re: Laron Landry's ankle

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueCollarColts View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm assuming you have never dealt with a high ankle sprain before? This isn't out of the ordinary for this type of injury at all, he will be back for the Denver game, if not, then be worried

    No I haven't but that's not really what I was referring to its really Laron Landry in general he is a steroid user(one that we know of anyways) so him not being durable is no surprise I mean the Redskins have made a lot of stupid decisions but dumping him wasn't one of them.

    I just won't be surprised when it turns out he's not coming back for the season. The Colts have done well in his absence that I don't miss him .

    Will it last? Who knows.

  21. #18

    Default Re: Laron Landry's ankle

    Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No I haven't but that's not really what I was referring to its really Laron Landry in general he is a steroid user(one that we know of anyways) so him not being durable is no surprise I mean the Redskins have made a lot of stupid decisions but dumping him wasn't one of them.

    I just won't be surprised when it turns out he's not coming back for the season. The Colts have done well in his absence that I don't miss him .

    Will it last? Who knows.
    now, I will agree that LaRon is absolutely jacked when it comes to muscle, but to say he is a definite steroid user is not true, could he be using them? Definitely, but we don't know for sure, and obviously it hasn't showed up on the steroid test yet. You can get that big naturally without the use of steroids, some people just have the genetics to be big, which obviously LaRon has. A high ankle sprain is an injury that can usually take 3-4 weeks to heal, and this will be his fourth straight game that he missed, so nothing out of the ordinary here, now like I said, if he misses next week too, then I would be worried

  22. #19

    Default Re: Laron Landry's ankle

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueCollarColts View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    now, I will agree that LaRon is absolutely jacked when it comes to muscle, but to say he is a definite steroid user is not true, could he be using them? Definitely, but we don't know for sure, and obviously it hasn't showed up on the steroid test yet. You can get that big naturally without the use of steroids, some people just have the genetics to be big, which obviously LaRon has. A high ankle sprain is an injury that can usually take 3-4 weeks to heal, and this will be his fourth straight game that he missed, so nothing out of the ordinary here, now like I said, if he misses next week too, then I would be worried
    I was referring to his stint on the Redskins it came out he used PEDs

  23. #20
    Grow some nuts Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    13,671

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Laron Landry's ankle

    Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I was referring to his stint on the Redskins it came out he used PEDs
    you sure? by no means would it surprise me, I think Sanders was on roids too, but he's never been suspended.

  24. #21

    Default Re: Laron Landry's ankle

    Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I was referring to his stint on the Redskins it came out he used PEDs
    I dont remember it ever coming out that he used PED's, but I could be wrong

  25. #22

    Default Re: Laron Landry's ankle

    I just remember hearing about it but maybe the Redskins fans will be able to clarify and I wouldn't be surprised about Bob would explain why he also could never stay healthy

    Course I might be thinking of Santana Moss here
    Last edited by Basketball Fan; 10-14-2013 at 12:27 AM.

  26. #23
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    29
    Posts
    5,941

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Laron Landry's ankle

    Have not read every post in here, but since I saw the roid question. It was often rumored, but never confirmed (there were "leaks" that we found legit, but never verification from the NFL)

    These were pictures that came out when Laron really blew up:

    http://www.jerseyjetsfan.com/wp-cont...y-steroids.jpg

    http://glitchgoals.files.wordpress.c.../02/laron1.jpg

    http://cbssports.com/images/blogs/la...ge-muscles.jpg

  27. #24
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    29
    Posts
    5,941

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Laron Landry's ankle

    Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I was referring to his stint on the Redskins it came out he used PEDs
    Just to confirm, the NFL never confirmed he failed a PED test. Now I am not sure what the process is (do they announce the first failed test?) but to the best of my knoweldlge he never failed a test as a Redskins publicly.

    EDIT: you are thinking of Santana Moss and HGH. Though I do not think (but I could be wrong) that he was ever suspended

  28. #25
    Member ilive4sports's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    6,899

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Laron Landry's ankle

    Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Have not read every post in here, but since I saw the roid question. It was often rumored, but never confirmed (there were "leaks" that we found legit, but never verification from the NFL)

    These were pictures that came out when Laron really blew up:

    http://www.jerseyjetsfan.com/wp-cont...y-steroids.jpg

    http://glitchgoals.files.wordpress.c.../02/laron1.jpg

    http://cbssports.com/images/blogs/la...ge-muscles.jpg
    holy ****. no, thats not natural.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •