Thread: I Got Over This Loss Quicker Than Last Year...

Default I Got Over This Loss Quicker Than Last Year...

Its strange because I'm not even that upset. I've come to the realization that the Colts just can't win a big game in bad weather. They play in a dome, they're built for a dome and just like the Vikings and Rams, can't really score in bad weather.

I don't even think has that much to do with N.E. Just so happens that 2 times, we've played them in the playoffs, and 2 times, its been bad weather. Its ok. Nobody else can beat them either. I honestly think we would've lost in Pittsburgh if it was snowing or Cleveland if it was snowing.

When I saw the snow pick up around the middle of the 3rd quarter, my expectations dropped. Its not about being a bad fan, its about being a realist.

The Colts will NEVER get to the Superbowl with THIS current team UNLESS they get homefield advantage. PERIOD.

Good job Pats.

year of the black rainbow obnoxiousmodesty's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: I Got Over This Loss Quicker Than Last Year...

I definitely believe the Colts should make it a PRIORITY to gain home-field for next year's playoffs. Indeed, they are a completely different team in the dome.

I'm not sure if it would have helped them much today. The Colts were so passive they never really had a chance to win.
    Take me out to the black, tell 'em I ain't coming back. Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.

The snow made them passive. But they should've stayed aggressive anyway. When they were aggressive, they moved the ball.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by timid
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The snow made them passive. But they should've stayed aggressive anyway. When they were aggressive, they moved the ball.
    The fact that they cut off their balls before the game made them passive. we only scored when we forced the issue and played no huddle.

bertjones

Needless to say, when these two clubs meet again next season, probably
    first game again, people will be paying closer attention. Home field will be
    determined and that is obviously huge. Still, I can't help but believe that this
    game was there for us to take early on. The defense was stout early and the
    Pats made some uncharaceristic mistakes. However for what ever reason the
    offense underperformed. Yes, you credit the pats D with a lot of that, these
    guys are pretty good, go figure. On the other hand it seems to me that
    our offensive game plan was timidly designed. If you're going to take the ring
    off the champ, you don't count on him falling down; rather you deck him and
    pick it off his finger while he's laying on the canvass. When our team finally
    gets that mentality, and I think it will, then they will win it all.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Well, this is what happens when you blow regular season games like the Colts do.

In 03, we blew games to Carolina, Jacksonville, and New England. We should have only lost one game last year, and that was the Denver game.

This year, we blew games to New England and Jacksonville.

We seal our fate every year, because we blow regular season games and force ourselves to go into New England during the frigid weather. Our fate was sealed the first game of the season when we lost to them. That basically guaranteed that we would have to go there in the frigid January weather.