Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: OT - This may be my last post for a very long time

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default OT - This may be my last post for a very long time

As I sit here watching the Colts self-destruct, as they do EVERY ****ING YEAR, it has once again brought me down to reality.

The state of Indiana, and everything attached to it, ****ing sucks. The weather here sucks, the sports teams here suck, and we will never...I repeat...NEVER, celebrate a pro championship here in my lifetime. No Colts, no Pacers...not a ******* thing. It doesn't matter how good we supposedly are, or what personnel/representatives we supposedly have -- we are always going to fall short. The thugs who talk trash, act like ********, and operate outside the rules, will always rule not only the sports world, but the real world as well. It's just the way of life, and I don't know why that is. My own life has been a reflection of that (you wouldn't believe some of the **** I've been put through, and despite it all, I'm the nicest guy many of you will ever meet), and it makes my blood boil too much to go through disappointment after disappointment like this. Sure, it's "only a game," but I can't even escape from the disappointment through "a game." It just leads to even more disapointment, and I just can't take it anymore. I can't get my hopes up anymore, knowing that they will inevitably be crushed time and time again.

I feel like I'm jinxed, and every team I root for will go down in flames with me. For that, I apologize to all Pacers, Colts, and Hoosiers fans. You won't see us win jack **** until I'm dead and buried. You may as well accept it and get used to it, as I'm finally starting to.

At this point, I'm going to do my best to get away from everything and suffer as little disappointment as possible for a while, because I feel like I'm on the verge of exploding. Maybe I'll be back just in time to see us lose to the ****ing Pistons again.

As for the Colts...all the rumors are true. We are soft, we can't play in bad weather, and Peyton Manning will never win "the big game." We're nothing but a state of frauds.

3 ****ing points from "the greatest offense ever." What a ****ing joke.

Default Re: OT - This may be my last post for a very long time

Don't overreact. I'm a Sox fan...

Your day(s) will come.

XXSASSXX31

I agree with you Shade...but don't leave....I am not really a football fan so even though I watched this game and cheered for the Colts (they did support the Pacers afterall).....I also think that no team will win a championship from Indiana because of different mitigating factors...but when Ron Artest comes back in a Pacer uniform next year I think our talent level will be so high I just don't know how anyone can screw the Pacers anymore...but we will see....and hopefully the Colts step it up next season and make an improvement like the Pacers have done to step up and become an Elite team...they just fell off short and I truly believe with our complete team (the Pacers) we will win the NBA Championship next season.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I am almost at the same crossroads as well.
    * Most Humorous Poster Nominee (2004, 2005, 2010)
    * Off Topic Post of the Year Winner (2009)
    * Off Topic Thread of the Year Nominee (2010)

Formerly a naturallystoned, badinfluence...

sweabs

Hang in there, Shade.

I'm a Leafs fan.

XXSASSXX31

Being a Pacers fan and coming so close so many times is what kills me...I am almost 21 and been a Pacer fan since 9 so those who just want to give up Ron Artest do not realize the importance of a championship and how we become an Elite team with a serious chance of that championship with Ronnie and all our players.

Shade, my feelings are more similar to yours than you probably realize, but for whatever reason I've not thrown in the towel. Well, not so much the Colts, but when it comes to the Pacers. Not sure why that is. But one thing I can throw out that might give you at least some encouragment: The Boston Red Sox. If that franchise can come back from 0-3 to beat the Yankees, and win the title in the same year, anything can happen.

Of course, that begs the question of "Are you OK with that possibly being 86 years in between each one?"

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Shade, my feelings are more similar to yours than you probably realize, but for whatever reason I've not thrown in the towel. Well, not so much the Colts, but when it comes to the Pacers. Not sure why that is. But one thing I can throw out that might give you at least some encouragment: The Boston Red Sox. If that franchise can come back from 0-3 to beat the Yankees, and win the title in the same year, anything can happen.

Of course, that begs the question of "Are you OK with that possibly being 86 years in between each one?"
    If I have to wait for 80 some years just for a championship from either the Colt sor Pacers, I might as well get some new hobbies and get a life...
    * Most Humorous Poster Nominee (2004, 2005, 2010)
    * Off Topic Post of the Year Winner (2009)
    * Off Topic Thread of the Year Nominee (2010)

Formerly a naturallystoned, badinfluence...

I'm starting to think like this also. I actually did not care about watching professional sports at all untill about five years ago, I am starting to think picking up this hobby was a mistake. But I am addicted, this would be a tough hobby to drop.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

XXSASSXX31

Quote Originally Posted by naturallystoned
    If I have to wait for 80 some years just for a championship from either the Colt sor Pacers, I might as well get some new hobbies and get a life...
    Exactly..my heart hurts watchin the Pacers come so close so many times...

The COlts have won more playoff games in the last 2 years than the Lions have won in the last 47 years.....

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    The COlts have won more playoff games in the last 2 years than the Lions have won in the last 47 years.....
    How about the Pistons? That's what I thought.

Yes but disappointment similar to this Pacer season, when you can see it coming, is so much easier to cope with.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

You have the Pistons though Kstat but I now what you're saying.

I know what you're saying too, Kstat, but you know, when both of your teams do this, it's easy to start snapping.

Wait a week, maybe a month...You'll get over it.

[hopefully]

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I am sad.But I won't leave here for a while.I just hope now somehow the Pacers can win the championship.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

Hang in there the Colts will probably win a Super Bowl within the next 3 years they have most of the pieces in place and the best player in football they just need to get home field advantage and the bye week. Also trying to beat a quality champion like the Patriots on the road is a difficult task sometimes you just have to struggle a couple of postseasons before getting over the hump. Elway didn't win it until his 4th trip and some tough losses. Manning will win one before he retires.

I feel the same way but I won't give up. With any luck I'll live to be 80-90 years old. Surely one of them will win by then. This one hurt.

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by MSA2CF
    Wait a week, maybe a month...You'll get over it.

[hopefully]
    Well if the Pacers somehow got Ron back that would give me some happiness.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

year of the black rainbow obnoxiousmodesty's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

There are worse things in the world than a Pacers or Colts loss, I know that. Still, I cannot help but feel emotionally destroyed after the teams I follow are defeated. I honestly feel enraged and dead inside at the same time. I suppose I'll heal later, at some point. Now all I have to look forward to on Sundays is... is....well, nothing. Yet, my family and friends are all healthy and (relatively) happy, so I'll go on living...for now.
    Take me out to the black, tell 'em I ain't coming back. Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.

It's funny, I was just getting ready to post something similar. I'll add that I'm a Purdue fan as well....and watching us always F it up is awfully discouraging!! I've devoted a better part of my life to watching Purdue Basketball/Football, The Pacers and The Colts and really have begun to wonder why I take so much time from my family for THIS BULL ****!!

I'll pop in from time to time, but I like Shade have just about had it for awhile now. It is about time we all spent more time with family then to have our lives run by sports!!

I for one am taking a break.....sheessh what a lousy weekend of Sports.

I knew the Colts were going to lose after the first series.....RUN, RUN, PASS PUNT. With the Patriots secondary in disarray, the first play of the game on offense for the Colts 1should've been a long pass to see if the Patriots could defend it. What a gutless, conservative game we played. I felt like I was watching Marty Shottenheimer Ball!! F-ME!

Water

Wow Shade - you need to read my post on the Colt board. The similarity is weird. But I'm not gonna leave here. I like the people too much and enjoy the comraderie. But trust me, I know how you feel.
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.

XXSASSXX31

I'm glad i'm a hardcore fan of only one team...(PACERS)...otherwise I would go even more crazy and kill myself.

we live (or follow the teams) in a state Where both our pro teams make it to the playoffs. more people cannot say that then can say it. i'm proud of the pacers and colts...