Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Week 5: vs Seahawks

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Week 5: vs Seahawks

Going to be a tough game. it will come down to the final minutes.

Colts 24
    Seahawks 21
    "We want Miami"

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Week 5: vs Seahawks

We can certainly win. Getting an early lead and controlling the tempo of the game ala SF will do us wonders. Seattle is not the same team away from home and you saw what it took yesterday to win that game (well actually tie it first).

Will also be a good test for our D line, how much pressure they will apply to the pocket and how the rest of D will cope with Wilson's elusive running at times.
    You **** up once, you lose two teeth

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I think this will be a very close, hard-fought game.

- I think both teams are top 5.
    - Both have very good, top 5 defenses.
    - Both are top 5 teams in the league in point differential.
    - Both have top 10 offenses.
    - Indy is 4th in the league in point differential; Seattle is third.
    - Luck is 3rd in the league in total QBR, which suggests he's playing better than the conventional stats indicate.
    - Seattle is known for their secondary, but Indy is right there with them, believe it or not. We're right there with them in YPG allowed, INTs, and even better than them in TDs allowed (tied for 1st in the league).
    - The teams are very similar in turnover +/- and are amongst the lead leaders.
    - Luck and Indy are considerably better on money down (3rd) conversions.

If this game were played in Seattle, with that crowd, I'd give the nod to Seattle. But we're home. And Luck seems to take QB battles a little more seriously than he lets on. I think with the slow way he came out against Jax, he's going to look to make amends. He's gotta do that against one of the best secondaries in the league. It might not be the mismatch you would initially think though... I think Luck will handle himself well.

Indy is 3-1, with their only loss being by 4 points to Miami. We could easily be 4-0 had the refs not called that ******** illegal shift call on Wayne which negated a Colt's touchdown, which in turn had us down 4 points instead of tied with Miami for our final drive, in which we should have been lining up for the game-winning FG instead of gunning for the endzone.
    Last edited by Kid Minneapolis; 09-30-2013 at 11:18 AM.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

Colts 28
    Seahawks 20

Best game of the season so far in terms of teams matching up. It might be one of the few possible Super Bowl previews we have this year since the Broncos are playing the garbage NFCE. I think it's about 50/50. I'll say the Colts win 27-24 on a last second 49 yard Vinatieri field goal.

Two things I want to know.

Will the seahawks have their O-line healthy by then and will Bradshaw be healthy for that game. I think we have a strong shot to win if we can run it down their throats like we did with the Niners.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamble1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Two things I want to know.

Will the seahawks have their O-line healthy by then and will Bradshaw be healthy for that game. I think we have a strong shot to win if we can run it down their throats like we did with the Niners.
    I'd be surprised if Bradshaw plays in this game I think his injury is worse than they're letting on.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Gotta play pep ball. Pound run with Trent, then have Andrew make smart passes to spread out the defense. Running is going to be key because the Seattle secondary is scary good
    "We want Miami"

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Colts 27
    Seattle 17

Havili is out with a sprained ankle. Going to make running more difficult
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Low scoring game...

Colts 13
    Hawks 13

Colts prevail in OT.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

We cannot come out flat and sloppy on offense like we did early in the Jacksonville game. Luck was awful in the early going and if that happens against Seattle they are going to punish us for it.

I'm not quite as high on the Seahawks as others are. I think they are really good but not dominant. If the game was in Seattle, I'd take the Seahawks but I think playing at home makes this one a toss up.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Good to be back home, the Miami loss is starting to sting more and more each week we keep winning, because we could have and should have won that one. Would be great to be 4-0, but after that game I think of a lot of us would be and are thrilled with being 3-1 with 2 big road wins.

Anyways, Seattle is what, the best defense in the league? That's going to be tough on us. We are going to have to play smart. Hopefully some guys will be healed up, like Bradshaw, because I'd love to be able to run it down their throats and not put as much pressure on Luck to have to make the big play with his arm/legs. But when we do pass, protect our QB, and for the most part, lately I think we have been.

This one could be close, but I really don't know what to expect.

I'll say:

Seahawks 24
    Colts 27
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

This is the first game I'm attending this season. Can't wait! Outside of the Broncos, Seattle is the biggest opponent we have rolling into town. This is going to be a big game with considerable national attention. Seattle is 4-0, the Colts are 3-1, and then you have the whole Luck vs. Wilson thing. The four hyped young quarterbacks are Luck, RGIII, Wilson, and Kaepernick. If the Colts win this game, then Luck this season will have notched wins against Kaep and Wilson. Oh, and the team will be one of the hottest teams in the league at 4-1. I'm not getting ahead of myself, but am just noting that there's a lot on the line here.

The Luck Colts seem to always show up in these huge games. I'm expecting a classic Luck win with some throws that will look like they are from last year:

Colts 24
    Seahawks 21

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

West coast team coming east for an early start -----

Colts 24
    Seahawks 13

18. The Following User Says Thank You to PacerDude For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by PacerDude View Post
    West coast team coming east for an early start -----

Colts 24
    Seahawks 13
    Yeah, but they came East last week for Houston (2 hour difference), so the time thing won't be an issue. Plus I wouldn't be surprised if Pete Carroll is making them practice on EST time this week.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by RWB View Post
    Low scoring game...

Colts 13
    Hawks 13

Colts prevail in OT.
    With that score, that game will end in a tie...
    * Most Humorous Poster Nominee (2004, 2005, 2010)
    * Off Topic Post of the Year Winner (2009)
    * Off Topic Thread of the Year Nominee (2010)

Formerly a naturallystoned, badinfluence...

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Natston For This Useful Post:

So, I guess my opinion is wrong.

MmmmmmmK.

Quote Originally Posted by PacerDude View Post
    So, I guess my opinion is wrong.

MmmmmmmK.

I was just offering a couple of things to think about in regards to Seattle coming East. MmmmmmmmmK?

Colts 52
    Seattle 3
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Suaveness For This Useful Post:

Samson Satele will start and everyone will say WHY?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Seattle is just a damn good football team. I love their defense. They are one of my favorite teams to watch in the NFL. I think the Colts keep it close, but won't be able to get the W this week.

Seattle 24
    Colts 17

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Hmmm....

So, sometimes before an up-coming game in a big matchup, I like to do a quasi-team stat comparison in certain areas to get a feel for how the teams really stack up. When beginning this comparison, I had a feeling that Seattle had the advantage in a number of categories. But once I dug in, I found that Indy is actually extremely comparable to Seattle in a number of areas; exceeding in some; and in a few rather critical areas, Indy is sorta blowing Seattle out of the water.

In the general areas like offensive/defensive YPG, PPG, Give/take... the two teams are pretty even, and both amongst the lead leaders.

But in 3rd down conversions, Indy is near the top of the league at 48%, while Seattle is in the bottom of the league at 34%.

Another area that Indy is strikingly better at is penalties. Indy is near the top of the league at only 14 penalties thus far for 112 yards, while Seattle is near the bottom of the league at 32 penalties for 269 yards.

So I looked at competition... the two teams have shared two opponents this year, both winning those games. However, Indy beat those two teams on the road, while Seattle had HFA. Still, I'd say overall, the two teams have had a pretty even level of competition. Seattle seems to play worse on the road, only beating their opponents by a combined 8 points.

So in those measurable, agnostic of venue, I'd actually give Indy the slight nod. So then we look at where it's played. If this were in Seattle, I'd actually go in favor of Seattle winning this game, with Indy giving them a good fight. But at LOS... I think it actually puts things in Indy's favor.

Removing emotion as best I can, I sort of like Indy in this game. Of course, things seem to rarely go how we think it should and that's why the games are played. But I think Indy has a real chance at winning this game.
    Last edited by Kid Minneapolis; 10-02-2013 at 02:34 PM.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

Colts win and it won't be close.... Although some garbage points might close the gap in the end.... :nostradamus:
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

Seahawks - 24
    Colts - 16