Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 29

Thread: Agness and Mike Wells Twitter Exchange

  1. #1
    Believe in Roy! boombaby1987's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    4,187

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Agness and Mike Wells Twitter Exchange

    Wells is clearly talking down to him. I would be annoyed too.














    @qandrews9428

  2. #2
    RING THE BELL! Sandman21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Area55
    Posts
    6,330

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Agness and Mike Wells Twitter Exchange

    You are reading way too much into this. Agness and Wells go back and forth all the time.

    Nilla ‏@JayNilla 19h

    Pacers/Colts fans: How much would you pay for a @MikeWellsNFL v. @ScottAgness pay-per-view? lol
    Expand
    Mike Wells ‏@MikeWellsNFL 19h

    @JayNilla @ScottAgness haha. Young Fella is my guy
    Hide conversation

    Reply
    Retweet
    Favorite

    5:48 PM - 27 Sep 13 Details
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

    "And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

  3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:


  4. #3
    Stay focused SMosley21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Going the distance
    Age
    31
    Posts
    2,534

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Agness and Mike Wells Twitter Exchange

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You are reading way too much into this. Agness and Wells go back and forth all the time.
    Very much so. Wells and Agness have both stated multiple times that they're actually very cool with each other. They rib each other frequently, like good friends do.
    Grown Man Ball

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to SMosley21 For This Useful Post:


  6. #4
    Custom User Titleist
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pacer Purgatory Praying for Paul
    Posts
    3,558
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Agness and Mike Wells Twitter Exchange

    I think Wells is just jealous at this point. Somebody who is likely better than he is getting to cover a much better team with a far better lockerroom without the need to hide nearly the off the court drama.

  7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Brad8888 For This Useful Post:


  8. #5
    Believe in Roy! boombaby1987's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    4,187

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Agness and Mike Wells Twitter Exchange

    Quote Originally Posted by SMosley21 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Very much so. Wells and Agness have both stated multiple times that they're actually very cool with each other. They rib each other frequently, like good friends do.
    Whatever you say. Wells certainly loves to talk down to Agness though.
    @qandrews9428

  9. #6
    Stay focused SMosley21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Going the distance
    Age
    31
    Posts
    2,534

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Agness and Mike Wells Twitter Exchange

    Quote Originally Posted by boombaby1987 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Whatever you say. Wells certainly loves to talk down to Agness though.
    It's not "whatever I say", it's what they've stated. I'm not just making up an imaginary friendship between the two of them.

    Also, why would it matter if Wells is talking down to him? Agness is a big boy. If he has a problem with Wells he could handle that on his own. Pointing out a perceived argument between them is really just gossiping about something irrelevant.
    Last edited by SMosley21; 09-28-2013 at 02:03 PM.
    Grown Man Ball

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to SMosley21 For This Useful Post:


  11. #7
    The Last Great Pacer BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    15,237

    Default Re: Agness and Mike Wells Twitter Exchange

    Wells was just another individual replaced by a major upgrade. Better players. Better coaches. Better writer.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:


  13. #8
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    17,355

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Agness and Mike Wells Twitter Exchange

    I like Wells.

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:


  15. #9

    Default Re: Agness and Mike Wells Twitter Exchange

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I like Wells.
    Me too, I'd have a beer with him. I would with Agness too but we'd have to wait 6 years or so for him to be old enough.

  16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:


  17. #10
    Shooting for the Moon Day-V's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    SoBro
    Age
    26
    Posts
    4,307
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Agness and Mike Wells Twitter Exchange

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wells was just another individual replaced by a major upgrade. Better players. Better coaches. Better writer.
    You know Agness didn't replace him, right?

  18. #11
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    17,355

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Agness and Mike Wells Twitter Exchange

    Quote Originally Posted by Brad8888 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think Wells is just jealous at this point. Somebody who is likely better than he is getting to cover a much better team with a far better lockerroom without the need to hide nearly the off the court drama.
    Why would Wells be even remotely jealous? He is the Colts beat writer for ESPN. He's doing just fine for himself. This was friendly banter--nothing more, nothing less.

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:


  20. #12
    Pacer Junky Will Galen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    10,049

    Default Re: Agness and Mike Wells Twitter Exchange

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wells was just another individual replaced by a major upgrade. Better players. Better coaches. Better writer.
    I wasn't to fond of Well's either. The thing I didn't like about him was he was always asking the fans what they thought, and a few times what he wrote seemed to have been opinions taken from posters on Pacers Digest and just re-worded. In other words I didn't think he was good at his job at all. He actually wasn't any better than most of the posters on here.

    The Pacers beat writer has access to the team, and as such I think they should be giving us tidbits an information about the team that we wouldn't get from columnists in New York and Los Angeles, etc. Wells didn't do much of that at all.

    That said, we haven't read anything from the Pacers new beat writer Candace Buckner about the Pacers, so saying she's a major upgrade isn't exactly a fair statement even though I think she will be.

    I guess what really bothered me is it was you being what I perceived as a bit unfair. I don't remember you ever doing that before. Is everything okay with you, or were you just engaging in a bit of surprising hyperbole?
    Last edited by Will Galen; 09-29-2013 at 08:09 AM.

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to Will Galen For This Useful Post:


  22. #13
    The Last Great Pacer BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    15,237

    Default Re: Agness and Mike Wells Twitter Exchange

    Quote Originally Posted by Will Galen View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I guess what really bothered me is it was you being what I perceived as a bit unfair. I don't remember you ever doing that before. Is everything okay with you, or were you just engaging in a bit of surprising hyperbole?
    It wasn't hyperbole. It has more to do with me liking Mark Montieth and feeling we received a downgrade with Wells. Maybe I liked Mark's positive spin on things and didn't care for what I perceived as criticism from Wells. If I thought Wells was a good writer, I think my mind would have been changed. But that's not the case.

  23. #14
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    17,355

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Agness and Mike Wells Twitter Exchange

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It wasn't hyperbole. It has more to do with me liking Mark Montieth and feeling we received a downgrade with Wells. Maybe I liked Mark's positive spin on things and didn't care for what I perceived as criticism from Wells. If I thought Wells was a good writer, I think my mind would have been changed. But that's not the case.
    See, that's part of the reason I like Wells: He is going to call it like he sees it. If I wanted positive spin on everything the Pacers did, I would roll on over to Pacers.com and see what they are writing over there.

  24. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:


  25. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    136

    Default Re: Agness and Mike Wells Twitter Exchange

    This is just Wells' personality. If you ever listen to 1070AM, you realize how every time Wells is on, they start off with trash talking. Last season, Grady used to ask him about the Pacers favorite places to eat on the road for every interview (making fun of the IndyStar commercial).

    Wells just likes to talk trash with his friends. He and JMV do it quite a bit as well. It's all in good fun.

  26. The Following User Says Thank You to The Big Smooth For This Useful Post:


  27. #16
    Administrator Roaming Gnome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indy's Wild Wild West Side: 8 sec-check...Club Rio-check...Cloud 9-check
    Age
    40
    Posts
    5,935

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Agness and Mike Wells Twitter Exchange

    ...Still "flying casual"
    @roaminggnome74

  28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Roaming Gnome For This Useful Post:


  29. #17
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    16,734

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Agness and Mike Wells Twitter Exchange

    I didn't mind Wells and I do think that he is funny on the radio. But I was turned off by his constant whining on twitter when fans asked about Granger. Yeah, God forbid that fans ask a beat writer about the health of one of the team's best players. You can't have your cake and eat it too. A job like a beat writer for an NBA team has plenty of perks, but you have to know that there are going to be a few annoyances as well. In the 21st century, fans are without question going to use social media to ask important questions. It was unprofessional for him to whine like that.

  30. #18
    pacer fan since 88-89 Mr_Smith's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Indianapolis/Noblesville
    Age
    34
    Posts
    2,504

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Agness and Mike Wells Twitter Exchange

    The Mike Wells food jokes have been going on for a long time....non-issue here
    And the walls came tumbling down.....

  31. #19
    Administrator Peck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    12,620

    Default Re: Agness and Mike Wells Twitter Exchange

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    See, that's part of the reason I like Wells: He is going to call it like he sees it. If I wanted positive spin on everything the Pacers did, I would roll on over to Pacers.com and see what they are writing over there.
    Ironically you'd see Mark Montieth if you went to pacers.com

    This is exactly where he needs to be.


    Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

  32. #20
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,767

    Default Re: Agness and Mike Wells Twitter Exchange

    Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ironically you'd see Mark Montieth if you went to pacers.com

    This is exactly where he needs to be.

    he is at pacers.com

    or are you being sarcastic?

  33. #21
    NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Downtown baby
    Posts
    12,618

    Default Re: Agness and Mike Wells Twitter Exchange

    Quote Originally Posted by Day-V View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You know Agness didn't replace him, right?
    Stop ruining the narrative!




    Mike and I have always gotten along well as I've stated before. Since I'm not on the inside it's hard for me to judge how forthcoming he ever was with inside info or how often he "dug" for stories, but I never had any issue with his work. He just got a big promotion so it's not exactly like he's hurting, though it's fun to kid him about missing out on this upcoming Pacers season.



    I also really like Mark M's outlook and personality and never had an issue with a "positive" spin, though I thought that was always overplayed. He did a great thing by getting that Indiana Legends radio program going.



    But Grady is my favorite sports news personality in Indy. I find myself agreeing with his POV on just about everything. Nice blend of not pulling punches but also being able to be lighthearted about stuff.
    Last edited by Naptown_Seth; 10-02-2013 at 10:17 PM.

  34. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Naptown_Seth For This Useful Post:


  35. #22
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    16,734

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Agness and Mike Wells Twitter Exchange

    Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    But Grady is my favorite sports news personality in Indy. I find myself agreeing with his POV on just about everything. Nice blend of not pulling punches but also being able to be lighthearted about stuff.
    I think that Grady and Big Joe is the best local sports show, mainly because of Grady. They get some pretty solid guests on there. I remember back in May when Phil Jackson called in to promote his book. Never thought I'd hear Philip call into a local Indy sports show.

  36. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:


  37. #23
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Agness and Mike Wells Twitter Exchange

    Grady is a clown and is such a homer I understand the Pacers are paying him but damn, lol I remember him comparing Danny to Manu and West to Gasol

  38. #24
    Pacer Junky Will Galen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    10,049

    Default Re: Agness and Mike Wells Twitter Exchange

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Grady is a clown and is such a homer I understand the Pacers are paying him but damn, lol I remember him comparing Danny to Manu and West to Gasol
    Yeah, that makes no sense, Danny is taller than Manu, and West is shorter than Gasol.

  39. The Following User Says Thank You to Will Galen For This Useful Post:


  40. #25
    Stay focused SMosley21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Going the distance
    Age
    31
    Posts
    2,534

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Agness and Mike Wells Twitter Exchange

    Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Stop ruining the narrative!




    Mike and I have always gotten along well as I've stated before. Since I'm not on the inside it's hard for me to judge how forthcoming he ever was with inside info or how often he "dug" for stories, but I never had any issue with his work. He just got a big promotion so it's not exactly like he's hurting, though it's fun to kid him about missing out on this upcoming Pacers season.



    I also really like Mark M's outlook and personality and never had an issue with a "positive" spin, though I thought that was always overplayed. He did a great thing by getting that Indiana Legends radio program going.



    But Grady is my favorite sports news personality in Indy. I find myself agreeing with his POV on just about everything. Nice blend of not pulling punches but also being able to be lighthearted about stuff.
    Same here, on all accounts. Grady and Big Joe is the only sports talk radio show I can stomach listening to. They're not overbearing and don't act like their opinions are scripture.
    Grown Man Ball

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •