Thread: what kind of razor do you use?

Default what kind of razor do you use?

i use two different razors.
    i have a braun series 5 electric which can do a good job provided i shave regularly (like within about 24 hours) but if i forget and it grows more than that, it can pull and be pretty painful and annoying.
    that is when i break out an old gillette double edge my dad gave me when i was a kid to play around with (of course there was no blade in it then)
    it took a little while to get used to using it and would start by clearing the easiest parts of my face and go back to using my mach 3 for the more difficult spots.
    but after a bit, i got truly comfortable with the double edge and it works just as good as the mach 3 as far as i am concerned.
    except that for the cost of a single mach 3 cartridge, i can get a thing containing 10 double edge blades (3 bucks) and can probably get an easy 2 months or more of everyday shaving.
    i don't see why i'd ever go back to using the mach 3 or the even more expensive fusion blades which go for about 4 bucks each i think.
    sooooo much more economical as the more 'modern' razors are expensive as hell to use.

This must be a bad dream.
    Mood

Sports Logo

Default Re: what kind of razor do you use?

I use a Norelco rotary-blade razor that has a small mustache trimmer on it's topside,
    as well as a standard electric hair clipper to keep the beard trimmed.

I will use a single-blade razor like a Bic or Gillette, but only as needed for shaving
    areas and edges already gone over with the Norelco.
    "I've been through the fire, and what the fire doesn't destroy it hardens...
    and I'm hardened!
    " - Baron Von Raschke

Quote Originally Posted by RamBo_Lamar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I use a Norelco rotary-blade razor that has a small mustache trimmer on it's topside,
    as well as a standard electric hair clipper to keep the beard trimmed.

I will use a single-blade razor like a Bic or Gillette, but only as needed for shaving
    areas and edges already gone over with the Norelco.
    yeah, i have noticed sometimes there are spots that even if i have gone over them several times, the electric just won't get and then i gotta break out a manual blade as well.

I have had close to every brand of electric made, and I don't think any of them do a good job. Gillette for me.

Anyone got any spare band-aids?