Thread: what kind of razor do you use?

Default what kind of razor do you use?

i use two different razors.
    i have a braun series 5 electric which can do a good job provided i shave regularly (like within about 24 hours) but if i forget and it grows more than that, it can pull and be pretty painful and annoying.
    that is when i break out an old gillette double edge my dad gave me when i was a kid to play around with (of course there was no blade in it then)
    it took a little while to get used to using it and would start by clearing the easiest parts of my face and go back to using my mach 3 for the more difficult spots.
    but after a bit, i got truly comfortable with the double edge and it works just as good as the mach 3 as far as i am concerned.
    except that for the cost of a single mach 3 cartridge, i can get a thing containing 10 double edge blades (3 bucks) and can probably get an easy 2 months or more of everyday shaving.
    i don't see why i'd ever go back to using the mach 3 or the even more expensive fusion blades which go for about 4 bucks each i think.
    sooooo much more economical as the more 'modern' razors are expensive as hell to use.

This must be a bad dream.
    Mood

Sports Logo

Default Re: what kind of razor do you use?

I use a Norelco rotary-blade razor that has a small mustache trimmer on it's topside,
    as well as a standard electric hair clipper to keep the beard trimmed.

I will use a single-blade razor like a Bic or Gillette, but only as needed for shaving
    areas and edges already gone over with the Norelco.

Quote Originally Posted by RamBo_Lamar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I use a Norelco rotary-blade razor that has a small mustache trimmer on it's topside,
    as well as a standard electric hair clipper to keep the beard trimmed.

I will use a single-blade razor like a Bic or Gillette, but only as needed for shaving
    areas and edges already gone over with the Norelco.
    yeah, i have noticed sometimes there are spots that even if i have gone over them several times, the electric just won't get and then i gotta break out a manual blade as well.

I have had close to every brand of electric made, and I don't think any of them do a good job. Gillette for me.

Anyone got any spare band-aids?