Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: George on Granger: "He Looks like he's 98% ready"

Sports Logo

Default Re: George on Granger: "He Looks like he's 98% ready"

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Maybe we need an 'Official Danny or Lance should start' thread, and if another thread gets derailed talking about it, perhaps an admin can move that string of responses over to the official thread? Just a thought.
    I'll proceed to do it immediatedly. Thanks for providing a part of the title.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    Maybe we need an 'Official Danny or Lance should start' thread, and if another thread gets derailed talking about it, perhaps an admin can move that string of responses over to the official thread? Just a thought.
    It'll have to be actively moderated. This thing sprouts up all over the place.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    And this post is NOT to belittle Lance, as I value his unique skills and intangibles he brings to the team whether he starts or comes off the bench. His energy, ball handling, and open court ability are unmatched on this team. But I do feel its a tad disrespectful to established vets like Danny, Hill, West, and Roy when people say Lance is the "second most talented player on our roster." Talent shows up on the court, and Lance has yet to produce anything close to the type of consistent production that our vets have shown throughout their respective careers.
    I think that various terms get thrown around that are interpreted differently by many of us. Talented. Naturally talented. Athletically gifted. Skilled.

When one uses the term talented, I think that definitions vary. That's why I really don't like the use of the term. Folks can argue, not even realizing that it was an apples and oranges thing with the definition even before using that definition to attempt to compare two players.

Personally, I prefer terms like skilled and athletically gifted. For example, David West is a very strong player, although not athletically gifted. He is highly skilled in those aspects of the game that he emphasizes on the court, regardless of how anyone might argue over his "talents". In other words, West is smart enough to primarily stick to doing those things that he does best.

In many ways, I've always seen Granger as being this type of player, at least pre-injury. Lance is probably a bit more versatile, although there are certainly aspects of his game that he chooses to exercise in game situations where he has not yet become highly skilled.

Other terms that have a bit more meaning for me than talent are "consistency" and decision-making ability. These terms are just more important and less vague than the word "talent" for me.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to beast23 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    That's because LeBron is better than Wade and Melo is better than JR. PG will always guard the best offensive wing of the opposition. That's something that Vogel has made very clear.
    I imagine there will be an exception when we play the Heat. I don't think George really guarded Lebron all that much better than Granger is capable of, especially considering Lebron abused George in the post, while George is a lot more capable of guarding Wade than Granger.