Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: George on Granger: "He Looks like he's 98% ready"

Default George on Granger: "He Looks like he's 98% ready"

http://blogs.pacers.com/2013/09/23/g...percent-ready/

The biggest question surrounding the Pacers isnt whether Paul George is going to get a new contract its just a matter of time but rather how forward Danny Granger is looking. Last year, Granger missed all but five games due to a left knee injury. He was shut down during the first week in March and opted for surgery on April 4.
    In regards to his health, Im good, he provided last week. Im doing good. Im doing great.
    Others in the organization, however, arent so mum on the subject.
    I expect a lot from Danny, Pacers president Larry Bird said on Monday. Danny looks pretty good to me.
    Added head coach Frank Vogel: Hes having a great September and a great offseason, looking very healthy and were all excited about adding him to the team.
    One player who is particularly thrilled to see him back on the floor is Paul George. The two share the same agent, Aaron Mintz, and it was Granger that encouraged Bird to draft George, who he was working out with in California that summer, with the No. 10 pick in the 2010 draft. Moreover, even though Granger was sidelined most of last season, he stayed in Georges ear helping him grow as a player and as the face of the season.
    Ive seen a lot, said George. Danny is almost back. Only thing now is I know hes in shape, I know hes conditioned its whether hell fully trust putting all the moves and all the power and strength on his knees. From what I see, he looks like hes 98 percent ready. He looks really good out there.
    Granger will address his health and rehabilitation this summer for the first time since post-surgery on Friday at media day. Training camp opens the following day (Sept. 28).

That's encouraging...
    Find me on the internets @mattiecolin

Read it and weep:

When George Hill is above 15% usage we won 73.5% of games. Below 15% usage we won 61.9%

2. The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to mattie For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Default Re: George on Granger: "He Looks like he's 98% ready"

Good stuff. Hopefully for Granger's last season as a Pacer, they can win a championship.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Sparhawk For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

YES!!!!!! I haven't been this excited for a Pacer season to begin since after the 1999 lockout when we were supposed to breeze through the shortened season and win our first ring or since the 2004-05 season after we won 61 games the year before. Damn you Larry Johnson and Ron Artesticle.

GO PACERS!!!!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 31 clutch For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'm so happy to read that. It literally has me grinning from ear-to-ear. I'm a big Granger fan and I expect him to average at least 17 ppg if he's healthy. Paul and Roy are going to open things up for him so much that he'll have the most wide open looks of his career.

The Pacers haven't had a swingman combo this good since Reggie and Jalen Rose in 2000. I can hardly wait for the season to begin.
    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Larry is not coming back, he didn't have a meeting with Orlando for not reason, yeah he is coming back to the NBA but not to the Pacers, the notion that he is a taking a year off and then come back is absurd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    GOOD GOD THAT'S LARRY BIRD'S MUSIC!

Banned

Yep.

@FisolaNYDN: Everyone looks great. Everyone had a great summer & is in great shape. Yada, yada, yada...& then games are played & we'll see for ourselves

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by 31 clutch View Post
    YES!!!!!! I haven't been this excited for a Pacer season to begin since after the 1999 lockout when we were supposed to breeze through the shortened season and win our first ring or since the 2004-05 season after we won 61 games the year before. Damn you Larry Johnson and Ron Artesticle.

GO PACERS!!!!
    The 3rd time is the charm!
    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81
    Larry is not coming back, he didn't have a meeting with Orlando for not reason, yeah he is coming back to the NBA but not to the Pacers, the notion that he is a taking a year off and then come back is absurd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    GOOD GOD THAT'S LARRY BIRD'S MUSIC!

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to naptownmenace For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    Yep.

@FisolaNYDN: Everyone looks great. Everyone had a great summer & is in great shape. Yada, yada, yada...& then games are played & we'll see for ourselves
    Aren't you going to thank this thread?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    Good stuff. Hopefully for Granger's last season as a Pacer, they can win a championship.
    Lol nice little rib there

Sports Logo

I have very little doubt that this will be Granger's last season with the Pacers.

Regardless of what happens next year.....I am hoping to see a Contract-Year Performance from Granger because that would translate into a very deep Playoff run for the Pacers....if not a Championship with him steering the ship in the right direction. What I want from Granger is to see a Player with a Chip on his shoulder that wants to go out and show the Teams that have $$$ to spend on Free Agents next season that he's still the Granger that we saw from years before ( whether he does or doesn't is a different matter.....I'm talking about his determination to prove the nay-sayers wrong ) and that he's worth a $8+ mil a year contract Player when he becomes a FA.
    Last edited by CableKC; 09-24-2013 at 11:40 AM.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

There's gotta be a weird dynamic going on between PG and Granger right now. I mean they must have at least briefly discussed their future together at some point.

"It's been great being your friend and mentor for the past couple years, but your new contract is gonna price me out of town, but you deserve it!"

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mr.ThunderMakeR For This Useful Post:

Wonder why he only said 98% ready. What does that mean. What isn't he telling us. What is really going on here.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.ThunderMakeR View Post
    There's gotta be a weird dynamic going on between PG and Granger right now. I mean they must have at least briefly discussed their future together at some point.

"It's been great being your friend and mentor for the past couple years, but your new contract is gonna price me out of town, but you deserve it!"
    This may very well be the case, but from the twitter interactions of NBA players it seems to me that for the most part these days they don't really care that much where their fellow NBA players are getting their money from. If a friend gets paid, they congratulate them and it doesn't really matter on what team they will be playing. As if they all work to get their money from the NBA as a collective employer with some choice involved on where they get to play.

NBA marketing, free agency, and now shorter contracts seem to be leading to players being even more associated with "just" the NBA and maybe not to particular teams when you look at their careers holistically.

This must be a bad dream.
    Mood

Sports Logo

98% ready sounds really good to me; hopefully the trainers and coaching staff share PG's sentiments.

Now if he can stay at 98% ready after all the drills, practices, and first couple months of the season
    without suffering any setbacks, then things should be looking very good.

Keeping fingers crossed
    "I've been through the fire, and what the fire doesn't destroy it hardens...
    and I'm hardened!
    " - Baron Von Raschke

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    Wonder why he only said 98% ready. What does that mean. What isn't he telling us. What is really going on here.
    I think he's withholding a mere 2% based on his statement that Danny does not yet fully trust his knee. It's a natural reaction from someone coming off an injury. They are conscious of what they are asking the injured part to do. So they hold back a wee bit.

Then at some point in time, often without even thinking about it, they are playing all out. There were times when I had soccer players coming off of injuries and they didn't even realize they were playing full bore until I, or one of the other players, pointed it out to them. The comment was usually met with a big smile and a "Yea, I guess I am."

It doesn't really happen until the player simply goes all out without even thinking about it. Apparently, Danny is almost there... But not quite.

I can't wait until camp and preseason games. I'm ready to go.

Custom User Titleist
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post

It means that while he can't drive to the basket (likely 2% of his game going forward) he is hitting 3's at a near 40% clip.

I hope I am kidding.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Brad8888 For This Useful Post:

Mood

I think I'm just going to enjoy this season and wait until after the season to worry about next year.

24. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to BobbyMac For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Great news. If Danny is really healthy, we can take the next step. Regular season cannot come soon enough.
    You **** up once, you lose two teeth

He said "98% ready."

What does this even mean? If he said 100% ready with all the other quotes from other players/coaches, I would be pumped.

Is there a thread on Larry's latest comments yet?
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

can't wait to see this v Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

He's at least healthy enough for some paintball. Agness had a quick little interview with Donald Sloan the other day and he talked about how uncommonly, by NBA standards, close the team is. I don't know about you guys, but I love hearing stuff like that. Feeling like you can't let teammates down is gigantic in team sports.

29. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Johanvil View Post
    Great news. If Danny is really healthy, we can take the next step. Regular season cannot come soon enough.

We can take the next step with or without Danny. A healthy Danny would obviously help, but this team has sky high potential with or without him. We gave Miami all they could handle last year.

Custom User Titleist
    Mood

I wonder what percentage PG would give Granger now.

Quote Originally Posted by Brad8888 View Post
    I wonder what percentage PG would give Granger now.
    I don't know, but his first assessment seems to be extremely accurate.

Sports Logo

If it looks like there is going to be concerns about Granger's health throughout the year....where he may miss games here and there....I am inclined to start Lance and have Granger be the first Wing off the bench. I want consistency in the Starting Lineup and a semi-healthy Granger that may play 2/3 of the game would create a lack of chemistry that I want to avoid.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

34. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    I want consistency in the Starting Lineup and a semi-healthy Granger that may play 2/3 of the game would create a lack of chemistry that I want to avoid.
    Chemistry is the least of my worries with the starters no matter who is starting between Granger and Stephenson, and should be the least of anyone's worries. People raved about the chemistry this team had in 11-12 just liked they raved about it in 12-13. Chemistry is not and will not be an issue with any of the starters.

36. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Eleazar For This Useful Post: