Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Trent Richardson to Colts for 1st round pick

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Trent Richardson to Colts for 1st round pick

Quote Originally Posted by Gamble1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The argument is that you get talent then build around it. The line dictates the level of success of many skill position players. Take mjd or ray rice for example. They are having terrible years much like chris johnson sucked last year.

That doesn't mean their value is bad if they had a better line.
    Luck was the best talent available, period. A bad offensive line will make life harder on quarterbacks and running backs, but I think the sheer amount of options available to the quarterback makes it an iffy comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    If we waited to acquire talent until we got a good line, we'd never do so. It's been over 15 years since we had a line that excelled at both phases and really a lot longer.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
    Now wait a second, you are saying we will never get a good offensive line because it's been 15 years since we had a good line for both running and passing, yet here you are preaching that if Trent gets a line such as that, he will be good. Sooo...

If we waited to acquire talent until we got a good line, we'd never do so. It's been over 15 years since we had a line that excelled at both phases and really a lot longer.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

15 years? That seems like a bit of a stretch. The line during the mid 2000's was pretty solid. Manning was rarely hit and Edge ran wild. Peyton had Tarik Glenn protecting his blindside for the first 9 seasons of his career, and Saturday was the center for virtually all of his Indy tenure. Players like Ryan Diem, Jake Scott, and Ryan Lilja were all certainly serviceable. The line was good enough in 2006 when Edge left that Rhodes and Addai were able to combine to form a very good running back duo.

It started to decline starting with the retirement of Tarik Glenn.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    Now wait a second, you are saying we will never get a good offensive line because it's been 15 years since we had a good line for both running and passing, yet here you are preaching that if Trent gets a line such as that, he will be good. Sooo...
    Sooooo..... what? Isn't it about time? Is there some rule that Indy 's line must forever suck? We turned around our D, didn't we?

And I never said we would never get a good line. I said it's stupid to wait for a line to acquire talent. Massive difference.

And yea, Trent will be just fine. I got a feeling Grigson ain't happy about the line.

Sent from my KFJWI using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by Kid Minneapolis; 11-06-2013 at 12:23 AM.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    15 years? That seems like a bit of a stretch. The line during the mid 2000's was pretty solid. Manning was rarely hit and Edge ran wild. Peyton had Tarik Glenn protecting his blindside for the first 9 seasons of his career, and Saturday was the center for virtually all of his Indy tenure. Players like Ryan Diem, Jake Scott, and Ryan Lilja were all certainly serviceable. The line was good enough in 2006 when Edge left that Rhodes and Addai were able to combine to form a very good running back duo.

It started to decline starting with the retirement of Tarik Glenn.
    Our line was mediocre and mostly masked/bailed out by Manning. It was built to stand there long enough for Manning to get rid of it, which wasn't long, and most of our runs came because opposing Ds would devote to coverage. The pass set up the run.

There was a few years our line was middle of the pack. But I'm talking about a true top flight, two-way line. That's something most of us have never seen in Indy. Right now they aren't pass protecting nor run blocking.

The best it was was probably early 2000s.

Sent from my KFJWI using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by Kid Minneapolis; 11-06-2013 at 12:20 AM.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Gamble1 View Post
    The argument is that you get talent then build around it. The line dictates the level of success of many skill position players. Take mjd or ray rice for example. They are having terrible years much like chris johnson sucked last year.

That doesn't mean their value is bad if they had a better line.
    This is silly. Your line is important, but HBs should have a certain level of success if they are talented, despite that. Maurice Jones-Drew is coming back from a severe injury AND has no OL, that's why he's failing. Look at the prior 4-5 seasons where his line was subpar, he still put that team on his back and performed. Ray Rice has been banged up all year and has always been a very good, not great HB. He just does everything well, running, blocking, catching, but has never been the sort of guy you'd build around like an Adrian Peterson.

MJD, Chris Johnson, Adrian Peterson, CJ Spiller, the list goes on ... talented HBs that have flourished despite not a lot around them, especially on the OL. Trent Richardson has shown nothing. Not even a sliver of hope, so far. His TD totals were cute his rookie season, but -- he leaves a lot to be desired as a HB.

The trade was stupid from day one and I've never been a Richardson fan, if he wasn't an Alabama HB that helped them win a national title and taken 3rd overall, everyone would look at his numbers and just assume he lacks talent. His physical prowess, name recognition, and draft status are the only reason he's talked about. He hasn't ranked in the top 40 in terms of YPC from runningbacks who get meaningful touches. Beyond just bad, it's pathetic.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to P_George For This Useful Post:

The line is a problem that needs fixed. TRich isn't a bad RB, but he isn't good either, he is average. He has good power and a nice cut, but he isn't quick and has questionable vision. He can be part of a good tandem, but not as the main back. He won't make his OL look better than they are cause he doesn't maximize what he is given, even if what he is given is very little.

KM we all know the line sucks, but good RBs find a way to get yards even behind a subpar OL. In the first three games, in which Thomas was injured in the second game, Ballard/Bradshaw were able to find yardage even when the line was getting push back. The reason being they had a quick burst of speed and hit the tiny hole hard. TRich on the other hand doesn't hit anything hard, he waits and waits or tiptoes in, and while he has the strength and power to not go down easy he doesn't have the burst of speed to get the extra yard or two that Ballard/Bradshaw got.

So yes the OL sucks, but TRich isnt making the most of what he is given either.

Brown is a great change of pace back. He is super quick, and has track star speed. What he doesn't have is power. In plays were TRich might get 2 yards Brown would get stuffed at the line. If he doesn't have a big hole to run through he does nothing, but if he has that huge hole he might as we'll be Adrian Peterson because he has elite burst of speed.

P.S. I do not understand why you think he is getting hit as soon as he gets the ball TM as that has never happened. He might get hit behind the line some, but it is happening well after he gets the ball and has had a chance to move towards the line. This OL might get pushed back, but they don't get outright beaten off the line like the OL did under Caldwell.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Eleazar For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Off topic but wouldn't start a new thread about it

Those on twitter I would seriously suggest you give a following to Not Pep Hamilton@PepHamilton

Teaser

You **** up once, you lose two teeth

It was nice seeing TRich be more involved in the passing game.

So apparently there is a Trent Richardson sex tape http://www.tmz.com/2013/11/12/trent-...napolis-colts/

It is described as an "orgy" which presumably means there are more women in this tape than his YPC.

If this happened with the Pacers, would be a PR nightmare.

Don't care about Richardson's sex life, but this reveals a disturbing lack of maturity for a public figure.
    Last edited by idioteque; 11-12-2013 at 09:21 PM.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to idioteque For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by idioteque View Post
    So apparently there is a Trent Richardson sex tape http://www.tmz.com/2013/11/12/trent-...napolis-colts/

It is described as an "orgy" which presumably means there are more women in this tape than his YPC.

If this happened with the Pacers, would be a PR nightmare.

Don't care about Richardson's sex life, but this reveals a disturbing lack of immaturity for a public figure.
    Article said, "at least three women" so yeah, good for him. Apparently he has something in common with our mascot, as well...

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Hm, not sure how I feel about that. Does show a lack of maturity... sorta funny at the same time. I dunno. This is a grey area for me, I mean, if dude lands 3 hotties at once, as a father I'd lecture him, as a bro I'd high-five him, lol.... too bad he let it get recorded.

Hm, not sure how I feel about that. Does show a lack of maturity... sorta funny at the same time. I dunno. This is a grey area for me, I mean, if dude lands 3 hotties at once, as a father I'd lecture him, as a bro I'd high-five him, lol.... too bad he let it get recorded.
    Yeah, I'm the same way. He's what, 23? If that? Go crazy with the ladies, young rich fella. But seriously, don't let people record that ****.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Will people in Indy get pissed about this?

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Eh, I can't imagine much uproar... unless there's more to the video. People in Indiana have sex, believe it or not. In fact, that's about all there is to do.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post:

future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

lol, this orgy tape thing is hysterical. I think this is a terrible trade but if people give Richardson crap about this I'll defend him to the death. eat your heart out Gronkowski.

Quote Originally Posted by idioteque View Post
    Will people in Indy get pissed about this?
    Only because he doesn't score as well on the field.

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Basketball Fan For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Oh the jokes are already in line with his performance on the field and I have heard about 4 of them as of now. All funny.
    You **** up once, you lose two teeth

Quote Originally Posted by Johanvil View Post
    Oh the jokes are already in line with his performance on the field and I have heard about 4 of them as of now. All funny.
    i've seen the video: started off promising, but ended in disappointment as he failed to find any holes...

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to dal9 For This Useful Post:

No penetration.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to PacerDude For This Useful Post:

Although this would be funnier if T-Rich was a QB:

When one of the women got pregnant, T-Rich blamed the O-Line for not giving him any protection.

Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

If I were with 3 women at once, I'd want to record it too.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

-Lance Stephenson

33. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BRushWithDeath For This Useful Post:

Lance had that weird sort of sex tape too remember. Maybe Trent will blow up in a year or so.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Looks like my prayers for Trent to finally produce some highlights have been answered...

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to travmil For This Useful Post:

future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    Lance had that weird sort of sex tape too remember. Maybe Trent will blow up in a year or so.
    butt stuff

38. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post: