Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast
Results 276 to 300 of 456

Thread: Trent Richardson to Colts for 1st round pick

  1. #276
    future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    12,084

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Trent Richardson to Colts for 1st round pick

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Maybe. It's really hard to tell. The guy has a ton of miles on him, but the team around him is so spectacularly awful that it's hard to really judge him.
    Hopefully he gets traded. I really do kind of bad for the guy suffering through that. He's 28, he doesn't have many lead back years left in this NFL. That's a LONG rebuild down there, there really isn't a reason to not move him.

  2. #277
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    16,949

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Trent Richardson to Colts for 1st round pick

    Quote Originally Posted by Gamble1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Its already been talked about but I can once again state the points if you like.
    I'm not writing a thesis paper on the posts in this thread. I'm not going to go back and reread everything that has been posted. Most of it has been opinion anyway, so I'm not going to take it as fact even if I do see it unless it's supported by numbers. The rest of your post, thank you. That's all you needed to say. I hadn't seen that information yet, and I found it informative.

  3. #278

    Default Re: Trent Richardson to Colts for 1st round pick

    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm just going by what I see. I know the team rushing stats are impressive... I know our line stats are impressive.... but when I'm watching the game, he gets the ball, and he's either hit within 1 sec, or he runs into his lane which is just.... gone. About the only thing I could think of for him is to break protocol and start bouncing it outside or something. But I'd bet that he's following the script, setting up the play action, doing his job.
    Just saw this stat on Trent 46 of his 60 yards were after contact which kind of goes to your point that there wasn't many holes to be found in the Jags game.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Gamble1 For This Useful Post:


  5. #279
    Member Pacergeek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    3,424

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Trent Richardson to Colts for 1st round pick

    Quote Originally Posted by Gamble1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Its already been talked about but I can once again state the points if you like.

    He is an above average pass catcher and an above average pass blocker. For pass catching you can look at Ray Rice arguably one of the best and he averages 7.8 yards per catch. Trent had 7.2 yards per catch. He had 5 drops last year that were catchable balls out of 70 targets . To put that into perspective Vick Ballard had 4 drops on 27 targets.
    So T Rich is Joseph Addai 2.0??
    David "And One" West

  6. #280

    Default Re: Trent Richardson to Colts for 1st round pick

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacergeek View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So T Rich is Joseph Addai 2.0??
    I don't look at him as Addai 2.0.

    The things that were similar were what I stated but their running styles are different to me. One is more of a bruising type of back and the other would rather try to make you miss than take the contact and push a pile. For all of Addai's faults the biggest one was that he couldn't take a lot of carriers and stay healthy and thats with a running style that wasn't smash mouth at all. I look at Trent as able to handle a large workload and still be realitively healthy. I know he had broken ribs last year but I don't see that be a common injury with him. Stuff like turf toe and chronic knee problems would concern me and that largely why Lacy fell in the draft (a fused toe). Trent had two minor scopes on his knee to remove debri but thats all which isn't something that I see limiting him unless there is an underlining issue which should have been discovered in the physical if there was one.

  7. #281
    Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    4,378

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Trent Richardson to Colts for 1st round pick

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacergeek View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So T Rich is Joseph Addai 2.0??
    Ewww, I wouldn't go there. Addai was a decent pass blocker... decent pass catcher. Couldn't get tough yards for his life, or break a tackle. Was anemic at the goal line. Would take him 2-3 attempts to break the plane and was usually a reach. He danced around behind the line and spent more time running east/west. Addai was not a back that opponents game-planned for --- they game-planned for Manning and thus holes were opened up for Addai.

    TRich does a lot of things right. He stays patient, he mostly runs north/south, he's a good pass blocker, good pass catcher, good after the initial contact, breaks tackles, runs between the tackles, gets those tough yards. He's also well-built and balanced, and makes good open-field moves. The ONLY thing he doesn't have in his repertoire is break-away speed like DBrown. But that's okay. And at the goal line, he's awesome... it's a touchdown on the first run almost every time. I've yet to see him get stuffed. I think people aren't looking for the right things, and instead only looking at the stat sheet, which doesn't tell the whole story. What I'm seeing from him in-game is positive, we just need to get the run blocking going so everyone can see what he can actually do. Also, it's only been a week and a half; he's not fully integrated into the offense yet, which is plainly obvious in the passing game. In his first two games, it feels like we've only used about 35% of his abilities, and I think as games go by, we'll see more and more of what he can do. And let's be honest --- he faced San Fran's d-line (top 5 in the league), on the road, 2 days after he arrived on the team. That's a tall order. And people are wondering why he was at 3 yards per rush.
    Last edited by Kid Minneapolis; 10-02-2013 at 09:10 PM.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

  8. #282
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    16,949

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Trent Richardson to Colts for 1st round pick

    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ewww, I wouldn't go there. Addai was a decent pass blocker... decent pass catcher. Couldn't get tough yards for his life, or break a tackle. Was anemic at the goal line. Would take him 2-3 attempts to break the plane and was usually a reach. He danced around behind the line and spent more time running east/west. Addai was not a back that opponents game-planned for --- they game-planned for Manning and thus holes were opened up for Addai.

    TRich does a lot of things right. He stays patient, he mostly runs north/south, he's a good pass blocker, good pass catcher, good after the initial contact, breaks tackles, runs between the tackles, gets those tough yards. He's also well-built and balanced, and makes good open-field moves. The ONLY thing he doesn't have in his repertoire is break-away speed like DBrown. But that's okay. And at the goal line, he's awesome... it's a touchdown on the first run almost every time. I've yet to see him get stuffed. I think people aren't looking for the right things, and instead only looking at the stat sheet, which doesn't tell the whole story. What I'm seeing from him in-game is positive, we just need to get the run blocking going so everyone can see what he can actually do. Also, it's only been a week and a half; he's not fully integrated into the offense yet, which is plainly obvious in the passing game. In his first two games, it feels like we've only used about 35% of his abilities, and I think as games go by, we'll see more and more of what he can do. And let's be honest --- he faced San Fran's d-line (top 5 in the league), on the road, 2 days after he arrived on the team. That's a tall order. And people are wondering why he was at 3 yards per rush.
    Bolded: Eventually, that's how we think/hope/expect opponents to treat Luck.

    The rest of your post: I'll say it again: I live in the Cleveland media market and watched all but maybe one or two of the Browns games last year (17-14; 12-7; 20-9! Browns football, people!) and he looks the same on the Colts as he did with the Browns. I'm tired of this discussion so I'll just say this: I think Richardson can (and will) improve. I would really like to see him show at least some big play ability and I think he will be a net positive for the team going forward. I'm certainly rooting like hell that he does, given the price he came at.

  9. #283

    Default Re: Trent Richardson to Colts for 1st round pick

    I don't think Trent is a big play guy personally. I think he is a frank Gore or Lynch type of running back. Hard nosed and wear you down type of running back that can't be quantified as a big play guy. He will change games in the fourth quarter by playing a style of football in the first quarter that most teams don't want to mess with. That is what Grigson saw in him and that is what pep needs in his offense.
    Last edited by Gamble1; 10-02-2013 at 11:56 PM.

  10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gamble1 For This Useful Post:


  11. #284
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    16,949

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Trent Richardson to Colts for 1st round pick

    Quote Originally Posted by Gamble1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't think Trent is a big play guy personally. I think he is a frank Gore or Lynch type of running back. Hard nosed and wear you down type of running back that can't be quantified as a big play guy. He will change games in the fourth quarter by playing a style of football in the first quarter that most teams don't want to mess with. That is what Grigson saw in him and that is what pep needs in his offense.
    I'm not saying I expect him to start peppering in 80 yard runs a la Adrian Peterson, but even Frank Gore and Marshawn Lynch bust 40+ yard runs on occasion. In general though, I agree that Richardson isn't one of those Chris Johnson, Darren Sproles, CJ Spiller types where you expect them to make big plays happen when they get the ball.

  12. #285
    Member Johanvil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Athens, Greece
    Posts
    3,211

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Trent Richardson to Colts for 1st round pick

    So does his draft selection do him no favours and in some way will always haunt him? I mean, had he been selected lower, there would have been more appreciation for him for what he offers?
    You **** up once, you lose two teeth

  13. #286
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    16,493

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Trent Richardson to Colts for 1st round pick

    Quote Originally Posted by Johanvil View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So does his draft selection do him no favours and in some way will always haunt him? I mean, had he been selected lower, there would have been more appreciation for him for what he offers?
    Yes, people will always look at his draft position along with the first round pick that the Colts traded for him. It's as if the guy was drafted twice in the first round. Double whammy for him as far as expectations are concerned.

  14. #287
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    16,949

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Trent Richardson to Colts for 1st round pick

    Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes, people will always look at his draft position along with the first round pick that the Colts traded for him. It's as if the guy was drafted twice in the first round. Double whammy for him as far as expectations are concerned.
    Triple whammy when you consider Cleveland traded up a spot to get him, too.

  15. #288

    Default Re: Trent Richardson to Colts for 1st round pick

    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to Suaveness For This Useful Post:


  17. #289

    Default Re: Trent Richardson to Colts for 1st round pick

    http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2013/10/...ent-richardson


    Another interesting read on the Colts running game. The gifs are pretty good
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to Suaveness For This Useful Post:


  19. #290
    Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    4,378

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Trent Richardson to Colts for 1st round pick

    Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So that article is mostly in-line with what I think, but my response to the last paragraph suggesting he's overthinking is: "Duh". He has so much to ingest mentally in a short amount of time, of course he's thinking too much. He's basically mentally in pre-season form with this team. It'll slow down for him as he gets more comfortable.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

  20. #291
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    16,949

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Trent Richardson to Colts for 1st round pick

    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So that article is mostly in-line with what I think, but my response to the last paragraph suggesting he's overthinking is: "Duh". He has so much to ingest mentally in a short amount of time, of course he's thinking too much. He's basically mentally in pre-season form with this team. It'll slow down for him as he gets more comfortable.
    Does give you Joseph Addai flashbacks, too. Dancing around behind the line waiting for something to open up was a staple of the Addai Experience.

  21. #292
    Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    4,378

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Does give you Joseph Addai flashbacks, too. Dancing around behind the line waiting for something to open up was a staple of the Addai Experience.
    Rich isn't dancing a ton, though. Addai used to do a damn pirouette back there. Rich is just not running instinctively, which like I said, he'll do once he gets the system down and comfy.

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

  22. #293
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    16,949

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Trent Richardson to Colts for 1st round pick

    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Rich isn't dancing a ton, though. Addai used to do a damn pirouette back there. Rich is just not running instinctively, which like I said, he'll do once he gets the system down and comfy.

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    Yes I know I was just making a connection. Addai's was maddening. He was just shuffle jump from side to side until he found whatever the hell he was looking for and took his 3 yards happily.

  23. #294
    Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Johnson's Bay, Lake Wawasee
    Age
    28
    Posts
    5,273

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Trent Richardson to Colts for 1st round pick

    I assume this has been posted on one of the previous 5 pages of this thread but I'm not going back through to look. Worth a read if it is new to you.

    http://www.footballperspective.com/w...es-not-matter/

    *Note this was written in July before any thought a move to the Colts could have been conceived.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

    -Lance Stephenson

  24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BRushWithDeath For This Useful Post:


  25. #295
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    16,949

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Trent Richardson to Colts for 1st round pick

    Quote Originally Posted by BRushWithDeath View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I assume this has been posted on one of the previous 5 pages of this thread but I'm not going back through to look. Worth a read if it is new to you.

    http://www.footballperspective.com/w...es-not-matter/

    *Note this was written in July before any thought a move to the Colts could have been conceived.
    Yeah Barnwell linked to that in his piece on the trade.

  26. #296

    Default Re: Trent Richardson to Colts for 1st round pick

    Quote Originally Posted by TinManJoshua View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Last week he averaged .07 more ypc than Trent. Willis' first game was 8 touches, not exactly an enormous sample size.
    You got a bigger sample size now Tinman.

    The browns line still sucks and Mcgahee is still below 3 yards per carry.

  27. #297
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    16,949

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Trent Richardson to Colts for 1st round pick

    Quote Originally Posted by Gamble1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You got a bigger sample size now Tinman.

    The browns line still sucks and Mcgahee is still below 3 yards per carry.
    So if Trent Richardson is still averaging 3 yards per carry after his third game as a Colt, can we just call it then like you are here? Seriously.

  28. #298
    Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    4,378

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    I think yall are way too focused on YPC.

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

  29. #299

    Default Re: Trent Richardson to Colts for 1st round pick

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So if Trent Richardson is still averaging 3 yards per carry after his third game as a Colt, can we just call it then like you are here? Seriously.
    Why can't you keep context or follow the same argument that you yourself made? You can't just plug anyone in and get 3.5 ypc behind a crappy line.

    It wouldn't bother me so much but you consistently argue a point where you have shown that you have done little to no research on yet you act like your opinion is backed by some facts which they aren't. You assume starting running backs are a dime a dozen and I showed you that most teams draft in such a way that completely blows that theory away but of course Cdash you know what's best.

    Also you don't even know what Trent is good at yet you act like his production is easily replaceable. So on one hand you show that you don't know his true worth and then act like this philosophy of valuing a rb highly is somehow flawed. It's not and history is on the side of having a well balanced team to win games and Super Bowls. I have no problem with your opinion btw but pointing to a few examples of late round picks doesn't erase all the success teams have had with drafting rbs early. Meaning a few exceptions hardly prove that your opinion is somehow right or a good way to build around Luck and Peps offense. It probably has the lowest rate of success which is why there are so few examples you can draw upon.
    Last edited by Gamble1; 10-04-2013 at 10:57 PM.

  30. #300
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    16,949

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Trent Richardson to Colts for 1st round pick

    Quote Originally Posted by Gamble1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why can't you keep context or follow the same argument that you yourself made? You can't just plug anyone in and get 3.5 ypc behind a crappy line.

    It wouldn't bother me so much but you consistently argue a point where you have shown that you have done little to no research on yet you act like your opinion is backed by some facts which they aren't. You assume starting running backs are a dime a dozen and I showed you that most teams draft in such a way that completely blows that theory away but of course Cdash you know what's best.

    Also you don't even know what Trent is good at yet you act like his production is easily replaceable. So on one hand you show that you don't know his true worth and then act like this philosophy of valuing a rb highly is somehow flawed. It's not and history is on the side of having a well balanced team to win games and Super Bowls. I have no problem with your opinion btw but pointing to a few examples of late round picks doesn't erase all the success teams have had with drafting rbs early. Meaning a few exceptions hardly prove that your opinion is somehow right or a good way to build around Luck and Peps offense. It probably has the lowest rate of success which is why there are so few examples you can draw upon.
    Goodness, where to start?

    I guess at the beginning. Amazingly, I can keep context. Your condescending **** is irritating as ****, for starters. My original argument wasn't that you could plug anyone into a system and get around 3.5 YPC--that was Barnwell's assessment. Seeing as how it is not exactly a lofty total and at around or below the league average, I tend to agree. You are trying to make the point that since Willis McGahee, in his THREE games with the Browns has failed to reach that threshold, that the argument is wholly ridiculous and void. Meanwhile, you are supporting the argument that Trent Richardson will need time to adjust to our system, personnel, and so on while not giving McGahee the same pass. Frankly, their numbers are close enough through a ridiculously small sample size with each of their new teams where I don't think you can draw any conclusions for or against the other if compared head to head at this point.

    My opinion is based by facts--Trent Richardson is averaging 3.5 yards per carry for his NFL career at this point. Those numbers were like that in Cleveland, and they have been like that in Indianapolis. You guys are throwing context out there for both cases, and there is something to be said for that for sure, and I have acknowledged as much. I don't assume running backs are a dime a dozen, it's just my personal opinion that the position is not as valuable as it once was, and certainly not worth a first round pick. Is it right? I don't know. Is it wrong? You don't know. It's an opinion. I'm not asking you to agree with it. I'm not saying I know best, I'm just giving my opinion on the matter. It's a message board, after all. We don't all have to agree on everything.

    I don't know what Trent is good at anymore than you don't know what he isn't good at. I'm basing my opinion off of what I've seen and what the stats tell me. My eyes tell me he certainly looks the part and my gut tells me that he will eventually be a lot better than he has shown thus far in his NFL career, but 19 games in he has not proven to be worth a first round pick. That's my entire point: I don't think running backs are worth first round picks, especially those with a spotty track record thus far. That's it. Agree, disagree, continue to condescend, I don't care. It's my opinion. Sorry you don't agree with it.

Similar Threads

  1. Lets see who can pick who will be the Colts first round pick???
    By SIR-LANCE-ALOT in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 03-11-2013, 10:14 PM
  2. Vontae Davis to Colts for 2nd Round Pick
    By Flibertygibits in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 72
    Last Post: 09-06-2012, 01:03 PM
  3. Marvin Harrison to announce Colts 2nd round draft pick!
    By Coupe in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-24-2012, 12:10 PM
  4. Fox Alabama: Trent Richardson grants Hueytown senior's prom wish
    By vapacersfan in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-22-2012, 03:57 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-24-2011, 01:20 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •