Thread: Jim Harbaugh Seems Like A D***!

Default Jim Harbaugh Seems Like A D***!

Something I've noticed for a while now. He wasn't like that when he was with the Colts was he? I know he's an intense guy and maybe takes himself a little too seriously but more often times than not it's almost like he doesn't even want to shake the other coaches hand after a loss. He has had spats with quite a few different guys as well. Maybe I'm reading him wrong but that's just my perception. Anybody meet him when he was here?

Default Re: Jim Harbaugh Seems Like A D***!

I remember Jim fixing some ladies flat tire when she was stuck on I-70 back in the day.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RWB For This Useful Post:

future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

He's just volatile. I'd love to play for him from what I've seen. Remember when Jim Kelly talked crap about Harbaugh when he was here and Harbaugh broke his hand punching Kelly in the face? That's a hilarious story. Really stupid, pretty sure he missed some games, but hilarious.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Really stupid, pretty sure he missed some games, but hilarious.
    Games that we lost and helped secure us Peyton....
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

He does seem a lot more serious and cold. He was pretty charismatic and would flash that famous smile when he was "Captain Comeback" for the Colts. Everyone loved him.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

He whines a lot. Seemingly.
    You **** up once, you lose two teeth

Quote Originally Posted by presto123 View Post
    Jim Harbaugh Seems Like A D***!
    Seems like ?? That 'seems like' a bit of an understatement.

A person can be one way as a coach, another as a player, and a completely other as a person. He could be a wonderful guy in a normal setting, a completely egotistical player, and a hardass as a coach and still be the same guy. Different settings bring out different aspects of a person, partially because the different settings require the person to act differently to be good for that setting.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    A person can be one way as a coach, another as a player, and a completely other as a person. He could be a wonderful guy in a normal setting, a completely egotistical player, and a hardass as a coach and still be the same guy. Different settings bring out different aspects of a person, partially because the different settings require the person to act differently to be good for that setting.
    So you're saying it's possible he could be a mutli-personality serial killer? LOL

Member DangerGranger3pointranger's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Eh... if he wins, no one cares anyway.
    Everybody ride the Scola train! WHOO WHOO

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DangerGranger3pointranger For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by DangerGranger3pointranger View Post
    Eh... if he wins, no one cares anyway.
    Exactly. The guy can flat out coach. He basically turned the Niners around overnight. Who cares how nice he is? You aren't in the Shield to make friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    Exactly. The guy can flat out coach. He basically turned the Niners around overnight. Who cares how nice he is? You aren't in the Shield to make friends.
    There is more to life than football. I respect people that are good human beings.(not saying that's not the case but I can only go by what I see) At the very least he should show signs of good sportsmanship but from what I've seen even that is in question.

Remember that he's also the guy who really molded Andrew Luck into the QB he is now. Luck was kind of the awkward, shy kid when he first started out at Stanford. Harbaugh changed him, instilled leadership and swagger into the kid.

These two were really a match made in heaven. Luck was exactly the QB prospect Harbaugh needed to turn around Stanford and Harbaugh was exactly the coach Luck needed to become a top flight QB prospect.
    Last edited by d_c; 09-19-2013 at 07:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by d_c View Post
    Remember that he's also the guy who really molded Andrew Luck into the QB he is now. Luck was kind of the awkward, shy kid when he first started out at Stanford. Harbaugh changed him, instilled leadership and swagger into the kid.

These two were really a match made in heaven. Luck was exactly the QB prospect Harbaugh needed to turn around Stanford and Harbaugh was exactly the coach Luck needed to become a top flight QB prospect.
    Can you imagine what Luck and Harbaugh would be able to achieve at a pro level? Harbaugh would quickly build an awesome defense while running an offense that would perfectly maximize Luck's skill set. I wish we could have made an offer to him before he went to San Fran, but he was hired when we still had Manning and he might rev a bit too intense for Manning's liking. I'd give anything to have Jim Harbaugh coach my football team. The cat can flat out coach. In 2010, the Niners were a putrid 6-10. The next year, Jimbo arrives and they go 13-3 and lose in OT in the NFC Title game. The year after that, they are in the Super Bowl.

Off the top of my head, the only other coach in recent years who had such an instantaneous dramatic impact on a team was Belichick in NE. They were 5-11 in his first year, but won the Super Bowl the next. And there are some similarities with how Kaepernick and Brady got and kept their starting job.

Chuck Pagano is obviously a fabulous person. He deserves a chance to build a consistently successful team here. But it's hard not to wonder what the Harbaugh - Luck combo could achieve at a pro level.