Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast

Thread: Week 3: @ 49ers

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Week 3: @ 49ers

Apparently Luck improvised the bootleg. Castonzo said today he had no idea he was going to keep it.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

On a side note, I love the 30th season patch that the Colts have been wearing this season.
    Last edited by Sollozzo; 09-23-2013 at 06:14 PM.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Gamble1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So basically 2 teams have done what the Colts are trying to do in how many decades.

I totally forgot about the Packers but really I wouldn't put either of them on Mannings level.
    You know, Rodgers is getting close to Manning's level. Dude has been pretty damn amazing for a few seasons now and has won a SB already. Everyone acknowledges Rodgers as an elite QB, but I don't think he gets the credit he deserves. GB is a lot like how the Colts used to be. Great offense, lead by the QB with a so so running game and a porous defense. In his 5 full years as a starter he has 21,332 yards, 170 TDs to 45 INTs, 66% completion rate, 104ish QB rating, he won a SB, won the MVP. Rodgers took over in GB in his 4th year in the league. Looking at the 5 year stats starting at Peyton's 4th year, Rodgers actually has him beat in every major statistic.

If Rodgers keeps this level up, which I think he will, people will have to start talking about him the way we look at Brady and Peyton.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    You know, Rodgers is getting close to Manning's level. Dude has been pretty damn amazing for a few seasons now and has won a SB already. Everyone acknowledges Rodgers as an elite QB, but I don't think he gets the credit he deserves. GB is a lot like how the Colts used to be. Great offense, lead by the QB with a so so running game and a porous defense. In his 5 full years as a starter he has 21,332 yards, 170 TDs to 45 INTs, 66% completion rate, 104ish QB rating, he won a SB, won the MVP. Rodgers took over in GB in his 4th year in the league. Looking at the 5 year stats starting at Peyton's 4th year, Rodgers actually has him beat in every major statistic.

If Rodgers keeps this level up, which I think he will, people will have to start talking about him the way we look at Brady and Peyton.
    It's possible for sure but the full affects of his consistent winning won't be fully seen on the team quite yet and by that I mean low draft picks and a salary cap that makes it hard to keep everyone. It's starting to be seen with the loss of Jennings but it won't be as easy if they miss on some positional talent in the draft. The division also may be a limitation that Brady and Manning didnt face much of their career but in either case he will be right there with another 5 years of high QB play and another ring.

Rodgers took over Farve's already loaded team. He won the SB with that group, and gotten worse every year since.
    David "And One" West

Quote Originally Posted by Pacergeek View Post
    Rodgers took over Farve's already loaded team. He won the SB with that group, and gotten worse every year since.
    It wasn't "Favre's team". It was the Packers' team. Rodgers took over the quarterback position and won a Super Bowl in his third season as a starter, something Favre hadn't done since the 1996 season.

Rodgers also led them to a 15-1 season the next year, and has the highest career passer rating in league history.

Rogers has been absolutely terrific, you gotta admire how efficient and accurate the guy is.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

what? Rodgers took over and ran the team better. Which is why they won the Super Bowl with Rodgers and not Favre. GB has been in the playoffs every year other than Rodger's first year starting. And if we really want to bring playoff success into it, thats Manning's biggest struggle. Rodgers won a Super Bowl much quicker than Peyton did.

Your post just doesn't make much sense.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:

Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I thought Rodgers was pretty much universally regarded as the best quarterback in the league.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

-Lance Stephenson

13. The Following User Says Thank You to BRushWithDeath For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

You **** up once, you lose two teeth

The Big Lead has video of a fight between 49ers/Colts fans in the stands

http://thebiglead.com/2013/09/24/49e...on-female-fan/

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by BRushWithDeath View Post
    I thought Rodgers was pretty much universally regarded as the best quarterback in the league.
    I think it's a pretty even race between Rodgers, Brady, and Manning (right now Manning is head and shoulders playing better ball than anyone in the league), and you could make a case for Brees being in that category, too, but bringing up the rear. There was a year a few years ago that Rodgers really blew my mind, but since then I think he's come back to the pack, but he's still elite, exceptional. When Manning went down, he had that opportunity to step into the void, but he were 3 games into the season and Manning is just absolutely taking it to the entire league.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Johanvil View Post
    Dude, I f'n love that dance!
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    On a side note, I love the 30th season patch that the Colts have been wearing this season.
    20 years ago, I bought the 10th anniversary patch and stuck it to one of my school binders. Kids used to tease me about it because "the Colts suck." How times have changed!

20. The Following User Says Thank You to idioteque For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by idioteque View Post
    20 years ago, I bought the 10th anniversary patch and stuck it to one of my school binders. Kids used to tease me about it because "the Colts suck." How times have changed!
    I remember that one. It definitely had a 90's look to it.

The 20th anniversary one was cool too:

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Pagano made Barnwell's worst coaching move for the week for not going for two in the 49ers game:

http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-tr...oaching-week-3

I was wondering if Barnwell was going to bring up this decision. I hope it was a slip up by Pagano and not a sign of things to come, because that showed a really bad understanding of how decisions change based on time/score. Thankfully the mistake didn't even come close to being an issue on Sunday.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Cubs231721 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Cubs231721 View Post
    Pagano made Barnwell's worst coaching move for the week for not going for two in the 49ers game:

http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-tr...oaching-week-3

I was wondering if Barnwell was going to bring up this decision. I hope it was a slip up by Pagano and not a sign of things to come, because that showed a really bad understanding of how decisions change based on time/score. Thankfully the mistake didn't even come close to being an issue on Sunday.
    Yup, I and a couple of others mentioned this in the game thread. A head coach needs to have a better understanding of situational football in that circumstance. I hope to God that someone brought it to his attention after the game.

He's made a few mistakes in the first few games. Keep in mind these are some of his first games where he's actually the HC. Hopefully he learns and doesn't repeat these mistakes, but I have my doubts
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Suaveness For This Useful Post:

Mood

Yeah, but if we let Kaepernick throw for two touchdowns in that situation then we derserve to lose... And why give them any hope with a stop down there?
    * Most Humorous Poster Nominee (2004, 2005, 2010)
    * Off Topic Post of the Year Winner (2009)
    * Off Topic Thread of the Year Nominee (2010)

Formerly a naturallystoned, badinfluence...

Quote Originally Posted by BRushWithDeath View Post
    Why? Because the experts say so? Rodgers is very good, but is not the best in the league. Luck is every bit as good as Rodgers. I don't care about the stats. Numbers on a spread sheet do not define how good a player is.
    David "And One" West

Why? Because the experts say so? Rodgers is very good, but is not the best in the league. Luck is every bit as good as Rodgers. I don't care about the stats. Numbers on a spread sheet do not define how good a player is.
    It's not just the stats. It's also the Super Bowl win, five years of being a premier quarterback, MVP, and 15-1 record in 2011. The highest passer rating in league history is icing on the cake.

I am as big of a Luck fan as anyone, but he is not on Aaron Rodgers' level....yet....

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I don't think Rodgers is clearly the best in the NFL. I think there's a grouping at the top of Manning, Brady, Rodgers and Brees is sucking hind tit.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I too was thinking we'd line up for a 2-point...

33. The Following User Says Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Natston View Post
    Yeah, but if we let Kaepernick throw for two touchdowns in that situation then we derserve to lose... And why give them any hope with a stop down there?
    That was a mistake by Pagano for sure. He should have gone for 2 at that point. What is disappointing is that no one corrected him

B U T L E R..U a Bulldog!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I know I'm late but. Heres the reasons as to why I picked the Colts too win.
    - 49ers got crushed by the Seahawks (Most would interpret this as a reason for the 49ers to win, however I got the feeling they were depleted.)
    - Vernon Davis's injury concern
    - Aldon Smith situation/distraction
    - Through 2 weeks, the 49ers ranked in the bottom five teams at stopping the run. Combine that with the trade for Trent Richardson