Thread: MWP releasing book on The Malice at the Palace, says God told him "this is supposed to happen"

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default MWP releasing book on The Malice at the Palace, says God told him "this is supposed to happen"

From the NY Post:

"Q: The Malice at the Palace.
    A: I wrote a book about it, son. I think I’m gonna wait to talk about it. But I wrote a book about that whole experience.
    Q: When’s it coming out?
    A: I think next summer.
    Q: Do you think it affected your reputation?
    A: Maybe like 500,000 people still talk about it, or a million people. But the other 6.9 billion people in the world, I think they got other things to worry about, you know — from the economy, to Middle East problems, to starvation in some countries, to girl trafficking in some countries, to gang violence. There’s so many other problems in the world.
    Q: But given those same circumstances, would you react the same today?
    A: I don’t think about it. There’s nothing to think about.
    Q: You want to wait until that book comes out.
    A: If that same thing happened today, I don’t think about those situations.
    Q: But you lost $5 million right?
    A: It was more than that.
    Q: What was that period like away from basketball.
    A: I just got through it. I prayed the one night. I asked God, “Is this what’s supposed to happen to me?” He said, “Yes, this is the point in your life where this is supposed to happen,” and I just moved on."

More at http://nypost.com/2013/10/06/serbys-...a-world-peace/
    Last edited by RobRoy317; 10-06-2013 at 01:41 PM.
    "What you are witnessing right now is the old Danny Granger of old!!" - Chris Denari 01/01/2014

Default Re: MWP releasing book on The Malice at the Palace, says God told him "this is supposed to happen"

Ugh

I was watching Searching For Redemption the Kermit Washington Story and it reminded me of the brawl except I found KW far more contrite about what happened with him and Rudy T than I ever thought Ron was .. in general.

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

Default Re: MWP releasing book on The Malice at the Palace, says God told him "this is supposed to happen"

A: Maybe like 500,000 people still talk about it, or a million people. But the other 6.9 billion people in the world, I think they got other things to worry about, you know — from the economy, to Middle East problems, to starvation in some countries, to girl trafficking in some countries, to gang violence. There’s so many other problems in the world.

I know. He's crazy. But he also makes good points sometimes. And he does make a good point here.

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

4. The Following User Says Thank You to McKeyFan For This Useful Post:

Thanks God.

Sports Logo

believe it when I see it

Ron Artest, the 'gift' that keeps on giving.

I wish Stern would have banned this idiot

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lolwuttermelons For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I pity whoever had to edit his manuscript.
    UncleBuck:

"See how stupid those fans sound complaining about the officials. That is one reason why I hate when Pacers fans complain about the refs - does not come across well at all, no matter the merit. "

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shags For This Useful Post:

He's insane. Water is wet, feces stinks. Nothing to see here.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Imbecile. Still all about him.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Deep down, I think we all knew the Lord talked to Ron Artest.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to travmil For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Artest may be unstable, but I think he is truly a good guy.

Anyways the Brawl was almost 9 years ago, I think it is time to move on.

He's hilarious. Love him.
    DG for 3

Quote Originally Posted by travmil View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Deep down, I think we all knew the Lord talked to Ron Artest.
    Well, I at least think we would all admit that we believe Ron hears voices. But personally, I doubt they come from a heavenly direction.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to beast23 For This Useful Post:

Well at least the voices in his head are telling him to do stupid things playing basketball rather than drown his kids or shoot some place up.

Quote Originally Posted by shags View Post
    I pity whoever had to edit his manuscript.
    Probably a ghost writer, but then I'd pity whoever had to sit down and talk with the guy for an extended amount of time. But yeah Ron, releasing a book about the Brawl is a perfect way to let everyone know you're done thinking about it. Probably makes perfect sense in his head.
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right.” ― Ricky Gervais.

What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:

Great math as well. 1 million plus 6.9 billion, whatever.

I feel more for the person that has to sit and read it to him.

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ColeTheMole View Post
    He's hilarious. Love him.
    I love this season of Key and Peele where they feature MWP News at the end of their shows. If you haven't seen it they really got MWP to sit like a news anchor and report his own crazy thoughts. It's pretty good stuff.

I agree that he's a nice guy that's clearly mentally unstable/confused. His gut instinct seems to be to interact at a nice level, and then he's got his knee-jerk moments of weirdness. He's a team wrecker type of distraction, but I think "thug" or "punk" don't apply. "Wild Card" ala Sunny in Philly, sure.

How many punches did Ron throw while in the stands in Detroit? Pretty sure that number is zero. That's one thing that always bugged me about the outcome, that he started the brawl by running into the stands and grabbing a guy he thought threw a drink at him. It's not great, but that would never end in a brawl in BILF, especially because the fans around the jerk throwing the drink would point him out and turn him in rather than rushing to beat the hell out of the player. 300-400 fans not held accountable that night.

Just think about the kind of quotes you'd be getting from John Green or Turtle or Chair Thrower if someone stuck a mic in their face every other day the last 6-7 years. I'm sure they're quite eloquent, upstanding community leaders.
    Last edited by Naptown_Seth; 10-07-2013 at 04:58 PM.

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Naptown_Seth For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    I love this season of Key and Peele where they feature MWP News at the end of their shows. If you haven't seen it they really got MWP to sit like a news anchor and report his own crazy thoughts. It's pretty good stuff.

I agree that he's a nice guy that's clearly mentally unstable/confused. His gut instinct seems to be to interact at a nice level, and then he's got his knee-jerk moments of weirdness. He's a team wrecker type of distraction, but I think "thug" or "punk" don't apply. "Wild Card" ala Sunny in Philly, sure.

How many punches did Ron throw while in the stands in Detroit? Pretty sure that number is zero. That's one thing that always bugged me about the outcome, that he started the brawl by running into the stands and grabbing a guy he thought threw a drink at him. It's not great, but that would never end in a brawl in BILF, especially because the fans around the jerk throwing the drink would point him out and turn him in rather than rushing to beat the hell out of the player. 300-400 fans not held accountable that night.

Just think about the kind of quotes you'd be getting from John Green or Turtle or Chair Thrower if someone stuck a mic in their face every other day the last 6-7 years. I'm sure they're quite eloquent, upstanding community leaders.
    Very well said. MWP isn't a thug. He's just.....stupid.

I know being smart isn't a prerequisite to playing pro sports but MWP seems to just take it to another level. He sometimes thinks that he's being funny when he isn't funny at all and his general comments are just off the wall with no original thought or intelligence behind them.

But it did always bother me how badly the media botched the whole affair and how they used it to get off their subtle racist jabs. Saying things like Pacer players were "pummeling" the "white fans" was just way off base. If anything, it was a white fan, John Green, and a black fan, Ben Wallace's brother, who were getting off good shots on MWP and Fred Jones. It wasn't until Piston fans took to the court that MWP and O'Neil got off good shots and the victim wasn't white but rather an Arab.

All that being said, MWP's stupidity is what started the whole thing. I realize that John Green threw the cup but MWP didn't have to run into the stands. But I do like how he and John Green made up and actually began some sort of charity a couple years ago. Not surprisingly, nobody knows about it as the media won't report on something positive but rather just continue using their weak takes when describing the incident that is now 9 years old.
    Last edited by Trueblood; 10-07-2013 at 09:06 PM.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Trueblood For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post

I agree, he's not that bad of a person as compared to some of the NBA guys that had some serious criminal charges. He's just so crazy and mentally unstable.

As a Pacers fan, I didn't hate him because of the brawl. Heck, I even supported him and tried as much as I can to justify the outcome of that. But yeah, I hate him now because of what he did after getting back the year after (demanding a trade).

Didn't know he was an apostle
    Smothered Chicken!

Mood

This guy just pisses me off so much.

What he did to this franchise...to Reggie...argh. Not to mention his assault on Harden a couple of seasons ago...this dude is scum.