Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 172324252627

Thread: Indy Cornrows: Granger an "Easy Choice" over Stephenson

Default Re: Indy Cornrows: Granger an "Easy Choice" over Stephenson

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I have no clue what team u r referring to.
    He may correct me, but I assume he's referring to the Spurs (Tony and Manu).

I understand the analogy people are trying to make. But I don't agree with the idea you have Lance play with the bench. I'd rather Lance hone his skills with the starters and finish with them.

Most important point is, Lance should be leveraging the immense skills of the starters.

Let me make an analogy myself. Adding Lance to the starting unit, will ultimately be like pouring gasoline on fire. How many easy buckets did he hand out last night? Do you rely on your bench when you absolutely must convert? No! You want the very combination of players on the roster out there when it counts...

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    Right. I just quoted the first part of Sookie's post because it involved an area where she formerly had a different opinion, a strongly differing opinion. It takes a grown up to acknowledge that.
    Thank you.

I honestly would have never expected Lance to be the player he is. I've seen that story so many times. He's gone from a player that was all style and no substance to a guy who is mostly substance with the occasional moment where I'd like to strangle him. :P

I have to say, I doubt even his biggest fan would think he would become the type of player he is now. He's this..blue collar, scrappy, 100% effort /heart and actually fundamentally sound, basketball player now. Lance is the guy that worked so much on his three point shot, that he's currently got the best percentage on the team. And Lance is the guy who is most likely to get a loose ball. Quite frankly, if his stats come back to earth..he's still twice the player he was last season, for the above reasons.

PG..a guy with his intelligence, drive, talent, and athleticism. I was never concerned with him. Never doubted he'd be great. (Although, his talent still astounds me..because that potential is still huge..and he's a top 5 NBA player.) But Lance..I really don't think people understand how remarkable his transformation has been. So to see him become this fundamentally sound, scrappy, team guy..(where he is a part of the offense without being the offense.) It's really really tough to learn how to do that at twenty years old. So honestly, fantastic job by him and whoever helped him.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Sookie For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Not sure where else to place this comment. With all the hype of Lance and the contract looming, the situation in many regards reminds me of Rondo in Boston. Would Rondo have become the same player if not surrounded by HOF's. Lance easily could have been a flop of epic proportions had he went to a team like NY/NJ or any of the other teams lacking character and leadership in the locker room. We all recall the issues he had his first season with Dahanty Jones (?).

If not for Larry Bird, and the mentoring received from vet players esp David West who prob kept Lance in line more than many of may ever realize. At the end of the day players deserve to get paid. I am just hoping Larry can convince Lance that at the end of the day 2 Milliion to go elsewhere is not worth the 30-52 record Toronto or whoever is willing to pay for him. Additionally, Indiana's a lot less expensive to live than other locations.

When all is said and done I do not see Legend allowing Lance to walk.

If this team wins a championship it will be very interesting to see how much leeway Simon would be willing to give. Have to review but I believe Simon did aallow DW to exceed tax barriers during the Miller Era. Obviously times are a bit different. With the city pumping money into the Pacers Bird may remind us all Pacers Brass will not pay the tax.

Absolutely love a championship banner in the Fieldhouse next season.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to PacersPride For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by PacersPride View Post
    Not sure where else to place this comment. With all the hype of Lance and the contract looming, the situation in many regards reminds me of Rondo in Boston. Would Rondo have become the same player if not surrounded by HOF's. Lance easily could have been a flop of epic proportions had he went to a team like NY/NJ or any of the other teams lacking character and leadership in the locker room. We all recall the issues he had his first season with Dahanty Jones (?).
    That's a fantastic point. People talk about players who had good college skills that didn't "translate" into being a good NBA player, but a lot of guys get put in bad situations. San Antonio doesn't just draft well, they have an institutional culture that helps guys become the best they can be. We may be seeing that happen in Indiana, with the current "young guys" of Lance/OJ/Solo and the last set of "young guys" (PG / Roy) and the former MIP Danny Granger. Heck, even guys like Miles are showing strong development... Miles plays like an "Indiana Big."

Remember when we were excited to get George Hill because he came from such a quality organization? Two years from now, that's what teams will be saying about guys they get from us.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    That's a fantastic point. People talk about players who had good college skills that didn't "translate" into being a good NBA player, but a lot of guys get put in bad situations. San Antonio doesn't just draft well, they have an institutional culture that helps guys become the best they can be. We may be seeing that happen in Indiana, with the current "young guys" of Lance/OJ/Solo and the last set of "young guys" (PG / Roy) and the former MIP Danny Granger. Heck, even guys like Miles are showing strong development... Miles plays like an "Indiana Big."

Remember when we were excited to get George Hill because he came from such a quality organization? Two years from now, that's what teams will be saying about guys they get from us.
    Great point on Miles. never was a poster who was critical of him simply because it was considered a reach by BIRD. Who I believe has earned the benefit of the doubt.

Frankly, I would absolutely like to see Miles back here as a big to backup Mahinmi. Not to nitpick our team, buts a long season and we need a third big for insurance. A flier on Fesenko is not sufficient. I like what I have seen from Sloan as a 3rd pg. We need a third big for the postseason.

Not to derail the thread. Just wanted to hit on the point made regarding Plums (or 3rd big in general).