Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 16222324252627 LastLast
Results 626 to 650 of 655

Thread: Indy Cornrows: Granger an "Easy Choice" over Stephenson

  1. #626
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,371

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indy Cornrows: Granger an "Easy Choice" over Stephenson

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacergeek View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Are people still considering Granger starting? LOL
    Yes.

    Do I and anybody else that thinks this really need to explain why we think this?
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  2. #627
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    18,878

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indy Cornrows: Granger an "Easy Choice" over Stephenson

    Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wasn't your argument all off-season that Lance wasn't going to get much ball handling opportunities in the starting unit? I think I understand your argument well, but what we've witnessed so far this season from Lance is making it outdated.
    I don't know about Since86 but that was certainly my argument. That's why I pushed for Lance as a 6th man in order for him to get ball handling opportunity. I thought that this was going to be the case because that's what happened both last season and during the pre-season. I certainly didn't expect Lance to be featured as one of our primary ball handlers in the starting line-up.

    Frank really deserves huge props for using Lance the way he is. And, obviously, Lance deserves even more props for playing the way he has been playing.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  3. #628
    Redemption. docpaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Noblesville, IN
    Posts
    1,685

    Default Re: Indy Cornrows: Granger an "Easy Choice" over Stephenson

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I certainly didn't expect Lance to be featured as one of our primary ball handlers in the starting line-up. Frank really deserves huge props for using Lance the way he is. And, obviously, Lance deserves even more props for playing the way he has been playing.
    Not to you specifically, Nuntius...

    But, to stoke the fire a bit for fun... Did Lance demonstrate significant point guard characteristics with the starting unit last night, and did he succeed in that role? Hasn't Hill always inferred that he likes playing the 2, or as the off-ball shooter?

    I'd say yes to both.

    I know, I know... they're both guards... but I've never understood the rhetoric that Lance wouldn't/couldn't succeed as a starting point guard.

  4. #629
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,371

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indy Cornrows: Granger an "Easy Choice" over Stephenson

    Quote Originally Posted by Sookie
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    To be fair, most players don't double their statistics/heck playing ability. Twice. Two years in a row.

    Lance has certainly proven himself to be an odds beater.
    Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's refreshing to interact with reasonable people.
    I know, I agree with Sookie on the rest of the post as well:

    Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And I agree with Bill, lt's see how Danny plays first.. I still think the team would be better off with Lance in a Manu type role. I just think it's better to have a great shot creator come off the bench rather than someone who depends on other players to get him shots.

    But above all, I trust that Frank will make the right decision. He'll see how thinks are working and adjust.

    I just can't wait to see Danny play.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  5. #630
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    7,941

    Default Re: Indy Cornrows: Granger an "Easy Choice" over Stephenson

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah, Danny looks pretty upset with all of the praise the rest of the team is getting.



    I hate pitting one player (that I like) against another player (that I like). I'm thrilled that Lance is playing so well, and I'll be thrilled when Danny comes back. This is gonna be a special year.
    Anyone watching the game last night should have saw how Granger looked telling Lance he was one assist away from a triple-double. Defiantly looked excited to me.

    People who are worried about Granger's attitude have no backing. They are worried based on how other NBA players act and think, not based on how Granger act and thinks. Most NBA players when they go down with a season ending injury do not travel with the team, and may not even attend home games. Granger, I believe he was at every game he was capable of being at. Granger doesn't think and act like Kobe. He thinks and acts like Granger.
    Last edited by Eleazar; 11-12-2013 at 02:23 PM.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Eleazar For This Useful Post:


  7. #631
    Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Free Lance!
    Posts
    8,063

    Default Re: Indy Cornrows: Granger an "Easy Choice" over Stephenson

    Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think that if Danny does come back into the starting lineup though, that some will have a melt down.
    Not as long as Lance finishes, and we remain undefeated. Or at least go on a couple of 8 game win streaks.
    .

    .

    .

    .


    “People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

  8. #632
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    20,922

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indy Cornrows: Granger an "Easy Choice" over Stephenson

    Quote Originally Posted by docpaul View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I know, I know... they're both guards... but I've never understood the rhetoric that Lance wouldn't/couldn't succeed as a starting point guard.
    Vogel has repeatedly said in the past that he doesn't, so that's where that comes in.

    If I was King for a day, and got anything I wanted, I'd actually like to see Lance allowed to handle the ball more with the starters and slide GHill down into the corner, a la the role I think Danny should play. Not sure Lance can really be trusted on a championship caliber team to be so dependent on his decision making, but talent wise, I think those are the best roles.
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right.” ― Ricky Gervais.

    What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

    Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

  9. #633
    Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Free Lance!
    Posts
    8,063

    Default Re: Indy Cornrows: Granger an "Easy Choice" over Stephenson

    Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I know, I agree with Sookie on the rest of the post as well:
    Right. I just quoted the first part of Sookie's post because it involved an area where she formerly had a different opinion, a strongly differing opinion. It takes a grown up to acknowledge that.
    .

    .

    .

    .


    “People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

  10. #634
    Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Free Lance!
    Posts
    8,063

    Default Re: Indy Cornrows: Granger an "Easy Choice" over Stephenson

    Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Vogel has repeatedly said in the past that he doesn't, so that's where that comes in.

    If I was King for a day, and got anything I wanted, I'd actually like to see Lance allowed to handle the ball more with the starters and slide GHill down into the corner, a la the role I think Danny should play. Not sure Lance can really be trusted on a championship caliber team to be so dependent on his decision making, but talent wise, I think those are the best roles.
    I would thank that if I were king for the day.
    .

    .

    .

    .


    “People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

  11. #635
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    18,878

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indy Cornrows: Granger an "Easy Choice" over Stephenson

    Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not as long as Lance finishes, and we remain undefeated. Or at least go on a couple of 8 game win streaks.
    You are not one of them but some other posters could have a melt down if Danny does anything good since it will defy their "predictions" and "beliefs", though.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  12. #636
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,371

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indy Cornrows: Granger an "Easy Choice" over Stephenson

    Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Obviously they don't, if McKey thinks the arugment is tied to how much a player is making. But he knows my arugment better than I do, and I like fat chicks, so he wins.
    Woah....TMI...TMI
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  13. #637
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    18,878

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indy Cornrows: Granger an "Easy Choice" over Stephenson

    Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Woah....TMI...TMI
    Nah, that's just an inside joke coming from the TS% thread
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  14. #638
    Redemption. docpaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Noblesville, IN
    Posts
    1,685

    Default Re: Indy Cornrows: Granger an "Easy Choice" over Stephenson

    Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Vogel has repeatedly said in the past that he doesn't, so that's where that comes in.

    If I was King for a day, and got anything I wanted, I'd actually like to see Lance allowed to handle the ball more with the starters and slide GHill down into the corner, a la the role I think Danny should play. Not sure Lance can really be trusted on a championship caliber team to be so dependent on his decision making, but talent wise, I think those are the best roles.
    We see it the same, I think. I continue to think that Lance is a work in progress, and by the time we sign Lance to his next contract (which I think is more or less a foregone conclusion), this will be the conversation we'll all be having. His maturity is coming quickly, and his decision making seems to be getting better from my eyes.

    I would suspect in fact, that when it gets down to sealing the deal with Lance... that the FO will be so keen on signing him, that if his market value is beyond what they have available in the cap, that they will genuinely consider trading G. Hill as one way to free the space they might or might not need for him. Scola is too much bang for the buck to let him go next year (remember, his salary is still subsidized by the Rockets). Copeland won't have enough value, and we're getting shorter on assets we'd be willing to trade.

  15. #639
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    18,878

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indy Cornrows: Granger an "Easy Choice" over Stephenson

    Quote Originally Posted by docpaul View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not to you specifically, Nuntius...

    But, to stoke the fire a bit for fun... Did Lance demonstrate significant point guard characteristics with the starting unit last night, and did he succeed in that role? Hasn't Hill always inferred that he likes playing the 2, or as the off-ball shooter?

    I'd say yes to both.

    I know, I know... they're both guards... but I've never understood the rhetoric that Lance wouldn't/couldn't succeed as a starting point guard.
    Eh, I don't care a lot for monikers. As long as Lance and Paul George are handling the ball I have no issue if we call them point guards / point forwards or whatever
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  16. #640
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    20,922

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indy Cornrows: Granger an "Easy Choice" over Stephenson

    Quote Originally Posted by docpaul View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Scola is too much bang for the buck to let him go next year (remember, his salary is still subsidized by the Rockets)
    As long as I'm King for a day, I'd declare West/Scola to remain Pacers until they retire. Best PF combo in the league, and it isn't even close.
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right.” ― Ricky Gervais.

    What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

    Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

  17. #641
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    16,482

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indy Cornrows: Granger an "Easy Choice" over Stephenson

    If I were king for a day, I'd make West and Scola 5 years younger.

  18. #642
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    7,941

    Default Re: Indy Cornrows: Granger an "Easy Choice" over Stephenson

    If i was King for the Day I would revoke the LT for he Pacers only.

  19. #643
    Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Free Lance!
    Posts
    8,063

    Default Re: Indy Cornrows: Granger an "Easy Choice" over Stephenson

    If I were King for the Day, I'd declare myself King for the Decade.
    .

    .

    .

    .


    “People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

  20. #644

    Default Re: Indy Cornrows: Granger an "Easy Choice" over Stephenson

    We're blessed to be having this debate.

    I trust Frank with either option. Love both players.

  21. #645
    Wasting Light Hicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583
    Mood

    Default Re: Indy Cornrows: Granger an "Easy Choice" over Stephenson

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacergeek View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lance is making this blogger look very dumb
    I don't think that's how it works. He was going off of what he knew at the time, and Lance is showing us all he's improved this season. I doubt he would write this blog today, or even before the last game, to be honest.

  22. #646
    Member TinManJoshua's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    1,329

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indy Cornrows: Granger an "Easy Choice" over Stephenson

    Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If I were King for the Day, I'd declare myself King for the Decade.
    Why stop at a decade, I'd declare myself King til humans were extinct.

  23. #647
    The Last Great Pacer BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    15,000

    Default Re: Indy Cornrows: Granger an "Easy Choice" over Stephenson

    Quote Originally Posted by docpaul View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not to you specifically, Nuntius...

    But, to stoke the fire a bit for fun... Did Lance demonstrate significant point guard characteristics with the starting unit last night, and did he succeed in that role? Hasn't Hill always inferred that he likes playing the 2, or as the off-ball shooter?

    I'd say yes to both.

    I know, I know... they're both guards... but I've never understood the rhetoric that Lance wouldn't/couldn't succeed as a starting point guard.
    At one point I wanted Lance to be "the" PG. At this point in time, I would be a little concerned about his decision making. Yet, with practice he may develop into a spectacular PG...so it's just hard to say. The safe bet though for now, particularly with Hill, is to treat both as combo guards...both who might initiate the offense. That seems to work pretty well. Perhaps Lance just proves it on the court...kind of like Granger once he gets back on it.

    Not comparing Lance to LeBron. Obviously LeBron's talent is at another level. But the complete game LeBron possesses is to some degree shared by Lance. As a combo guard, Lance can demonstrate a lot of that, just like LeBron. Both are capable of initiating the offense, driving to the bucket, hitting the perimeter shot, driving hard to the bucket (LeBron of course at another level entirely here), both see the floor well and pass exceptional.

    I mention this because we probably should look at Miami and how they use LeBron. Perhaps Lance could post up a bit depending on match ups. Let him initiate the offense on occasion where George Hill plays SG. If it's working really well, stick to it. Otherwise, mix it up to keep the opposition off guard.

    BTW, we are 8-0 and our defense is off the charts awesome.

  24. #648
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default Re: Indy Cornrows: Granger an "Easy Choice" over Stephenson

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    At one point I wanted Lance to be "the" PG. At this point in time, I would be a little concerned about his decision making. Yet, with practice he may develop into a spectacular PG...so it's just hard to say. The safe bet though for now, particularly with Hill, is to treat both as combo guards...both who might initiate the offense. That seems to work pretty well.
    Two combo guards, both of whom score, defend, and initiate the offense? I love it.

    I seem to remember another NBA champ that had that type of backcourt.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  25. #649
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,371

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indy Cornrows: Granger an "Easy Choice" over Stephenson

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Two combo guards, both of whom score, defend, and initiate the offense? I love it.

    I seem to remember another NBA champ that had that type of backcourt.
    I have no clue what team u r referring to.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  26. #650
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Dillon, Co
    Posts
    3,900

    Default Re: Indy Cornrows: Granger an "Easy Choice" over Stephenson

    Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not as long as Lance finishes, and we remain undefeated. Or at least go on a couple of 8 game win streaks.
    I've read more then one poster who wants Lance to finish and that's one I don't agree with. If Danny returns to a dependable form then I'd rather have the vet player who makes fewer mistakes and hits his foul shots on the floor in the final minutes. Lance has improved but still makes more mistakes then anyone else getting heavy minutes in the rotation.

    As far as who starts, right now it's Lance and I'm impressed with him. Danny has to prove himself at this point but, it's a long season and we're only 8 games in. I expect Granger to quickly earn a huge role in the rotation if he proves dependable.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-04-2013, 12:55 PM
  2. Replies: 90
    Last Post: 07-02-2012, 09:26 PM
  3. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-28-2012, 11:54 AM
  4. "Stephenson hits the ground running"
    By imbtyler in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 03-04-2011, 08:25 PM
  5. Welcome To The Pacers Lance "Born Ready" Stephenson!
    By The Future in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-24-2010, 11:08 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •