Thread: Dennis Rodman says he'll help train North Korean hoops team for 2016 Olympics

Default Dennis Rodman says he'll help train North Korean hoops team for 2016 Olympics

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...2016-olympics/

Rodman says he will help train North Korean hoops team for 2016 Olympics

North Korea’s basketball team has an uphill struggle to even get into the 2016 Rio Olympics — they need to beat China in the Asia qualifying tournament in 2015, or at least play well enough in that tournament to get invited to the 2016 pre-Olympic qualifying tournament (the best teams from around the globe not already in) and win one of the three spots up for grabs there. Let’s be kind and say a team that hasn’t competed in FIBA’s Asia championships since 1999 is unlikely to make that cut.

But Dennis Rodman says he is going to help North Korea get there.

Rodman, fresh off his second visit with his friend North Korea’s dictator Kim Jong Un, will help train the North Koreans for the Olympics, he said at a press conference on Monday (as reported by Time).

Rodman also said he is putting together a couple exhibition games in North Korea where he will bring former NBA players over, with the first of the games scheduled for Jan. 8 (Kim’s birthday). Rodman talked about “basketball diplomacy” and how these games would be a good thing.

I don’t know what to say about this, other than it’s just Rodman being Rodman. I really think this ironic quote from Rodman at his presser pretty much sums the entire thing up:

“I’ll tell you guys one thing: take me seriously.”

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Dennis Rodman says he'll help train North Korean hoops team for 2016 Olympics

I think Rodman feels he has to do these ridiculous things just to stay relevant.

"I've got an idea--an idea so smart that my head would explode if I even began to know what I'm talking about." - Peter Griffin

3. The Following User Says Thank You to DGPR For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Dennis Rodman says he'll help train North Korean hoops team for 2016 Olympics

Orgies are punishable by death over there. Rodman better be careful.
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right.” ― Ricky Gervais.

What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Orgies are punishable by death over there. Rodman better be careful.
    Rules are for common folk, not the ruling class.

Of course, that's true here as well as there...
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I immediately got this mental image of a bunch of short dudes with lots of tats and piercings that can't play a lick pulling some of Rodman's on court antics.
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hoop For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Rodman could have an orgy with every female in North Korea, and as far as I'm concerned he still wouldn't be relevant. His 15 minutes are long passed.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to beast23 For This Useful Post:

I'm curious as to what exactly he will be training these guys to do.

How to position yourself for a rebound, or how to flop?
    Last edited by RamBo_Lamar; 09-10-2013 at 11:50 AM.

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

This is just funny to me. And should never be taken seriously. It is just too bizarre to think of it.

Custom User Titleist
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post
    Release the Crackin'!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Brad8888 For This Useful Post:

I would not be surprised to find out soon that he is going to stay there indefinetly. Dear leader finds him irresistible and just loves Basketball. They'll name him official sports ambassador.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    I would not be surprised to find out soon that he is going to stay there indefinetly. Dear leader finds him irresistible and just loves Basketball. They'll name him official sports ambassador.
    I'm looking for the negatives in this....

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jdw For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    He will be their official sports ambassador until they lose and then he will just be executed.

Member DangerGranger3pointranger's Avatar
    Mood

Ha, lets just hope he teaches them his jumper.
    Everybody ride the Scola train! WHOO WHOO

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

How many teams are going to win when Muggsy Bogues would play center for them?
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca