Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Peyton Manning thread

Default Re: 2013 Peyton Manning thread

2 turnovers against Jacksonville.

I don't get why this surprises people he was the Colts QB you really think the Jags don't know how to play against him.

Which is why I found it absurd the 26 point spread.. Manning was due for a few turnovers.

I don't want to say the Broncos are ripe for the picking(didn't Vander-mouth say that), but I think today's game shows that beating them is not out of the question.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to presto123 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by presto123 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't want to say the Broncos are ripe for the picking(didn't Vander-mouth say that), but I think today's game shows that beating them is not out of the question.

Manning got hit a lot at the beginning of this game and I think it flustered him. We need to hit him early.

Quote Originally Posted by presto123 View Post
    It was never out of the question Any Given Sunday but people really didn't give Jacksonville any respect here I mean they heard all week how they had no shot and that the Broncos were going to rest their starters etc. Jacksonville has historically played well against Denver no matter what team they had plus they've dealt with Manning in the past I knew that the game wasn't going to be a blowout.

There isn't much of a difference between most teams in the NFL when it comes down to it.

A play here a turnover there... I mean we beat the Packers last year but we also lost to the Jets the following week

Its about matchups.

Jacksonville's fake punt early in the game was STUPID. The rest of the game showed they didn't need to resort to gimmicks. The game was closer than the final score appears.

I have no doubt the Colts can beat them after watching this game. Manning is still Manning.... get to him the best you can without gambling too much, play playoff football and take control of the ball, limit the Bronco's opportunities, get him frustrated and he'll make mistakes.

OTOH, the Colts can't be doing stupid ---t chasing points. Take what is there. No gimmicks. Take the FG's when they are there.
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    Jacksonville's fake punt early in the game was STUPID. The rest of the game showed they didn't need to resort to gimmicks. The game was closer than the final score appears.

I have no doubt the Colts can beat them after watching this game. Manning is still Manning.... get to him the best you can without gambling too much, play playoff football and take control of the ball, limit the Bronco's opportunities, get him frustrated and he'll make mistakes.

OTOH, the Colts can't be doing stupid ---t chasing points. Take what is there. No gimmicks. Take the FG's when they are there.
    Yeah, that fake punt was just idiotic.

Dungy just made a good point on SNF. Jacksonville gave us a decent blueprint to work with. You have to be able to pressure Peyton without blitzing. Jacksonville was laying some hits on Peyton at the beginning of this game and you could tell it was throwing him off. Mathis had to treat Manning as if he had a halo on his head during all those years of practice, so now is his chance.....

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

and the promos for next week's game have started. a bunch of Peyton as a Colt highlights set to Diddy's Coming Home.

I am stoked for next week's game, haven't been this excited for a Colts game since that game of which we do not speak.

I might shed a tear

It's going to be crazy
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    and the promos for next week's game have started. a bunch of Peyton as a Colt highlights set to Diddy's Coming Home.
    not going to lie that got me pretty hyped before.
    Counting down the days untill DJ Augustin's contract expires.

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    Yeah, that fake punt was just idiotic.

Dungy just made a good point on SNF. Jacksonville gave us a decent blueprint to work with. You have to be able to pressure Peyton without blitzing. Jacksonville was laying some hits on Peyton at the beginning of this game and you could tell it was throwing him off. Mathis had to treat Manning as if he had a halo on his head during all those years of practice, so now is his chance.....

Its not a blueprint its common sense last week they said Dallas had the blueprint now Jacksonville. Its obvious pressure(insert QB) and it throws them off it really doesn't matter who it is....

That being said the Broncos don't scare me either so yes I think the Colts can beat them and it won't be a major upset either (although the media will paint it as such since they're promoting it as some classic sports movie or something)

Regardless of outcome I will be so glad when this game is over.

Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post
    Its not a blueprint its common sense last week they said Dallas had the blueprint now Jacksonville. Its obvious pressure(insert QB) and it throws them off it really doesn't matter who it is....

That being said the Broncos don't scare me either so yes I think the Colts can beat them and it won't be a major upset either (although the media will paint it as such since they're promoting it as some classic sports movie or something)

Regardless of outcome I will be so glad when this game is over.
    No, Dallas's blueprint was to outscore Peyton in a game with a combined score of 99 points. Good luck with that. The Dallas defense didn't phase Peyton at all. He toyed with them so badly that he was running bootlegs for Christ's sake. They didn't pressure or throw him off.

Jacksonville is the only team that has phased him so far. Now they are still a bad football team and that's why they lost today, but a good team (like the Colts) who uses their formula could certainly have a chance. Hit Peyton early and throw him off. Sure, everyone knows this is what you're supposed to do, but few are successfully able to do it. I'm sure the Jags tape will be played a lot this week at the Colts complex.

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    No, Dallas's blueprint was to outscore Peyton in a game with a combined score of 99 points. Good luck with that. The Dallas defense didn't phase Peyton at all. He toyed with them so badly that he was running bootlegs for Christ's sake. They didn't pressure or throw him off.

Jacksonville is the only team that has phased him so far. Now they are still a bad football team and that's why they lost today, but a good team (like the Colts) who uses their formula could certainly have a chance. Hit Peyton early and throw him off. Sure, everyone knows this is what you're supposed to do, but few are successfully able to do it. I'm sure the Jags tape will be played a lot this week at the Colts complex.

It was bound to happen though I mean he had quite the start it was going to come down to earth eventually not to mention these players aren't exactly strangers when it comes to Peyton either. Its also why Jeff Fisher was able to exploit the Texans the way he did today he's familiar with them.

Yes the Jaguars are a bad team but they have historically matched up well with Denver in the past and are familiar with Manning. I think people seem so shocked by it because of the huge point spread which was really disrespectful to Jacksonville. I mean really how many of those spreads actually come true I knew that the Broncos weren't going to beat them by 26.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Basketball Fan For This Useful Post:

It was bound to happen though I mean he had quite the start it was going to come down to earth eventually not to mention these players aren't exactly strangers when it comes to Peyton either. Its also why Jeff Fisher was able to exploit the Texans the way he did today he's familiar with them.

Yes the Jaguars are a bad team but they have historically matched up well with Denver in the past and are familiar with Manning. I think people seem so shocked by it because of the huge point spread which was really disrespectful to Jacksonville. I mean really how many of those spreads actually come true I knew that the Broncos weren't going to beat them by 26.
    I agree with you about the familiarity thing being a nice asset for the Jags. They had a nice game plan against Peyton today. It's a game plan that a better team could use to win.

And just to throw it out there... On that fumble he had no thought of trying to get in there and get it. I've never seen a player look at a loose ball with such a 'wanting not part of it' attitude as it was on the ground. It could've been a rattlesnake the way he left it down there. Not sure if that speaks to his situational awareness (Better to lose the ball there than for him to get injured in an October game to a team they should beat regardless of the turnover) or if it speaks to some lingering awareness of his injury/surgery. But either way I think it speaks to the injury/surgery not being out of his head yet. And that's going to be a weakness in a physical game.

I'm kind of wondering if Denver has taken the opposite approach of the Manning era Colts and said "We're going to stop the run and focus our defense there because we're not going to let you grind out the clock. If that means a shootout in the air, we think our QB will beat your's"
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

21. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:

On that fumble he had no thought of trying to get in there and get it...........
    Peyton has avoided contact ever since getting his jaw busted up against Miami years back. He's probably MORE aware of staying away from scrums recently, but he's never been one to get in there and mix it up.

Hey - if I were that close to 40 with the medical history he's carrying around - I'd do the same. Can't blame him, but eventually his reluctance is going to bite the Broncos. Hopefully this Sunday .........

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by PacerDude View Post
    Peyton has avoided contact ever since getting his jaw busted up against Miami years back. He's probably MORE aware of staying away from scrums recently, but he's never been one to get in there and mix it up.

Hey - if I were that close to 40 with the medical history he's carrying around - I'd do the same. Can't blame him, but eventually his reluctance is going to bite the Broncos. Hopefully this Sunday .........
    I would not want Luck diving in there head first trying to save some fumble. You lose your franchise QB and your season is over. Do you really want to lose your QB diving for a fumble? We saw what happens when you lose your franchise QB first hand. I do not want to ever see that again especially not because he tried to regain a fumble. Let them win that battle and fight another day.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to thewholefnshow31 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by thewholefnshow31 View Post
    I would not want Luck diving in there head first trying to save some fumble. You lose your franchise QB and your season is over. Do you really want to lose your QB diving for a fumble? We saw what happens when you lose your franchise QB first hand. I do not want to ever see that again especially not because he tried to regain a fumble. Let them win that battle and fight another day.
    You're right but had Luck been there he would have jumped to secure the ball 100% of the time. I am not disagreeing with you because there is clear danger but Peyton looked like really old there which he is of course. He didn't even pretend to go after it.

Was weird watching it.

And just to throw it out there... On that fumble he had no thought of trying to get in there and get it. I've never seen a player look at a loose ball with such a 'wanting not part of it' attitude as it was on the ground. It could've been a rattlesnake the way he left it down there. Not sure if that speaks to his situational awareness (Better to lose the ball there than for him to get injured in an October game to a team they should beat regardless of the turnover) or if it speaks to some lingering awareness of his injury/surgery. But either way I think it speaks to the injury/surgery not being out of his head yet. And that's going to be a weakness in a physical game.

I'm kind of wondering if Denver has taken the opposite approach of the Manning era Colts and said "We're going to stop the run and focus our defense there because we're not going to let you grind out the clock. If that means a shootout in the air, we think our QB will beat your's"
    I think because they were deep in Jaguars territory if it was in Broncos territory it might've been different but no I really don't think the neck surgery is a mental thing with him.

As much as people here want it to be if that were the case he would've retired because he would be ineffective as a QB.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Johanvil View Post
    You're right but had Luck been there he would have jumped to secure the ball 100% of the time. I am not disagreeing with you because there is clear danger but Peyton looked like really old there which he is of course. He didn't even pretend to go after it.

Was weird watching it.
    He did not attempt to make tackles on interceptions either when he was here before the surgery. He maybe more cognitive of things like that with the injury, but if he is really thinking about it that much where he decides to not go for a fumble then he probably should retire. As Basketball Fan said I think it had more to do with the where it was than him being worried about the neck injury. Also, who knows what Fox has said to him about plays like that. Sometimes discretion is the better part of valor.

You are right Luck would probably dive in there now, but I bet in a few years he will think twice about it too.

Fumble pileups are notoriously violent underneath the pile. Players bite, grab nuts, gouge eyes, they'll do pretty much anything to recover the ball and I don't think grabbing Peyton's helmet/facemask and twisting it would be off limits, to some. (Not saying all piles are like that, but who knows what's going to happen) As a fan, and even more so as a coach, I'd much rather see Peyton live to play another day rather than risking his entire career to save one possession.
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right.” ― Ricky Gervais.

What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

Peyton was late to his presser after the game too, from cold bath and hot bath. Mathis should be licking his chops

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

What part of this Jags team is that familiar with Manning? He hasn't been in the division for 3 years and that Jags team has an all new coaching staff from the NFC West. You're way exaggerating how familiar this Jax team would be with Manning.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    What part of this Jags team is that familiar with Manning? He hasn't been in the division for 3 years and that Jags team has an all new coaching staff from the NFC West. You're way exaggerating how familiar this Jax team would be with Manning.

You act as if they don't have players that haven't been there for years you know when Manning was the Colts QB. I was referring to them actually. There's no reason for them to be in fear of him because they dealt with him twice a season.