View Poll Results: All time most negative influence on Pacers franchise?

Voters
116. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ron Artest

    86 74.14%
  • Jim O'Brien

    18 15.52%
  • Donnie Walsh

    2 1.72%
  • Troy Murphy

    2 1.72%
  • Jamaal Tinsley

    8 6.90%
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 216

Thread: All time most negative influence on Pacers franchise

  1. #76
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    8,018

    Default Re: All time most negative influence on Pacers franchise

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So a professional athlete leaving the floor area to run into and through the crowd to go grab somebody and threaten them isn't escalation? Wow.
    Or we can just misrepresent what the guy is saying because it doesn't fit into your view of things that is not backed up by the facts.

  2. #77
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: All time most negative influence on Pacers franchise

    If you would like to take the time to clarify things, go right ahead.

  3. #78
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    17,103

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: All time most negative influence on Pacers franchise

    It's Artest, and it isn't even remotely close.

  4. #79
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    8,018

    Default Re: All time most negative influence on Pacers franchise

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If you would like to take the time to clarify things, go right ahead.
    Artest was a grenade, Jackson was an atom bomb. Artest's actions were wrong and not excusable, but they were still manageable. Artest was the primer. Jackson's actions took things to a whole different level that was unlikely to happen if it was just Artest running into the stands.

  5. #80
    Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    4,418

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Artest was a grenade, Jackson was an atom bomb. Artest's actions were wrong and not excusable, but they were still manageable. Artest was the primer. Jackson's actions took things to a whole different level that was unlikely to happen if it was just Artest running into the stands.
    Man I give up. How anyone puts SJax up there with Artest is illogical and beyond me. Consider your argument wasted on me, because you're very much wrong in my book, nothing going to change that. I'd say not only most people agree with me, by looking at this poll, but so did Stern when he levied the punishments. Artest was who escalated that event, SJax just carried out what Artest laid down. Conveying Artest as just a "grenade" while SJax is an "atom bomb" (which is massively more worse than a grenade) is absolutely and utterly assinine. Artest is the biggest "atom bomb" to hit this league in it's entire history. SJax is just another moron who most folks won't remember.
    Last edited by Kid Minneapolis; 08-31-2013 at 03:19 PM.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

  6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post:


  7. #81
    The Last Great Pacer BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    15,166

    Default Re: All time most negative influence on Pacers franchise

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So a professional athlete leaving the floor area to run into and through the crowd to go grab somebody and threaten them isn't escalation? Wow.
    Sure, it was ridiculous and unprecedented for the Pacers. But the escalation from there was caused by Jackson.

    With that said, as combustible as that group was...something else might have lit it up and caused the Pacer franchise to implode. Yet, I do think the brawl caused a number of later incidents to happen as the players copped a worse attitude.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:


  9. #82
    Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    4,418

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: All time most negative influence on Pacers franchise

    Massive disagree. It wasn't SJax who blew it up, Artest did.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

  10. #83
    Gold Stagger Hoop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Greenwood
    Posts
    4,523
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: All time most negative influence on Pacers franchise

    I voted for who had the most negative affect on me and my Pacer experience. It was JOB hands down, not even close.
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

  11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hoop For This Useful Post:


  12. #84
    The Last Great Pacer BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    15,166

    Default Re: All time most negative influence on Pacers franchise

    Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Artest was a grenade, Jackson was an atom bomb. Artest's actions were wrong and not excusable, but they were still manageable. Artest was the primer. Jackson's actions took things to a whole different level that was unlikely to happen if it was just Artest running into the stands.
    Absolutely correct. Artest had many incidents previously but you always knew he would settle down once it was clear he had made a spectacle of himself.

    A better description is that Artest started a bonfire and Jackson threw a gallon of gas on it. That fire would not have spread to the hardwood had Jackson not gotten involved.

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:


  14. #85
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Plainfield, IN
    Posts
    544
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: All time most negative influence on Pacers franchise

    I hated Troy Murphy. So I voted Troy Murphy.


    @Pacers24Colts12

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacers24Colts12 For This Useful Post:


  16. #86

    Default Re: All time most negative influence on Pacers franchise

    Quote Originally Posted by PacersCenter View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I hated Troy Murphy. So I voted Troy Murphy.
    Feel the same way about Tinsley. He completely demoralized the team all by himself.

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to speakout4 For This Useful Post:


  18. #87

    Default Re: All time most negative influence on Pacers franchise

    Didn't Jim O'Brien bring in and mentor Frank Vogel? Hard to see him as the worst thing to ever happen in Pacers history based on that alone. Putting aside that Artest takes this hands down anyway.

  19. #88
    Gold Stagger Hoop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Greenwood
    Posts
    4,523
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: All time most negative influence on Pacers franchise

    Quote Originally Posted by Ransom View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Didn't Jim O'Brien bring in and mentor Frank Vogel? Hard to see him as the worst thing to ever happen in Pacers history based on that alone. Putting aside that Artest takes this hands down anyway.
    That's a good point. I love Frank and the position we are in right now, so I survived JOB.

    I do know some long time tickets holders that left because of JOB and have still not returned. This current team is so likable and so good, hopefully everyone will be back and the bandwagon will be over flowing soon.
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

  20. #89

    Default Re: All time most negative influence on Pacers franchise

    Stephen Jackson. No matter what his teammates thought of him, the guy was/is the definition of a bad influence. Not even Popovich wanted him around for a whole season last year.
    Last edited by Doddage; 08-31-2013 at 06:27 PM.

  21. #90
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    17,103

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: All time most negative influence on Pacers franchise

    I need to put this thread on ignore. It is making me extremely angry.

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:


  23. #91
    Member WhoLovesYaBaby?'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    601
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: All time most negative influence on Pacers franchise

    Tinjury is my all time least favorite Pacer.

    So, I vote him.

  24. #92
    bleed Blue & Gold PacersPride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,245

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: All time most negative influence on Pacers franchise

    v81.

  25. #93
    Member IndyAnna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    8
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: All time most negative influence on Pacers franchise

    Where's Isiah Thomas? Turned a contender into a waste of 3 seasons.

    Donnie Walsh being on the list is a joke. He built a long-standing contender.
    Ending a sentence with a preposition is something I will not put up with.

  26. The Following User Says Thank You to IndyAnna For This Useful Post:


  27. #94

    Default Re: All time most negative influence on Pacers franchise

    Quote Originally Posted by speakout4 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Feel the same way about Tinsley. He completely demoralized the team all by himself.
    It could be argued that our fans completely demoralized Tinsley. We have the worst fans in the league... unless we're winning.

  28. #95
    Administrator Peck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    12,610

    Default Re: All time most negative influence on Pacers franchise

    Quote Originally Posted by IndyAnna View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Where's Isiah Thomas? Turned a contender into a waste of 3 seasons.

    Donnie Walsh being on the list is a joke. He built a long-standing contender.
    Who do you think hired Isiah?


    Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

  29. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:


  30. #96
    The Last Great Pacer BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    15,166

    Default Re: All time most negative influence on Pacers franchise

    Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Who do you think hired Isiah?
    Some say they wish they could thank a post twice. Twice is not enough for this one.

  31. #97
    Member DangerGranger3pointranger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Narnia
    Posts
    305
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: All time most negative influence on Pacers franchise

    Ron Artest easily. With him in the conversation, you can't even consider anybody else in this discussion.
    Everybody ride the Scola train! WHOO WHOO

  32. #98
    It could get ugly Brinocerous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    109

    Default Re: All time most negative influence on Pacers franchise

    Quote Originally Posted by owl View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Seconded. Four pages deep in this thread an no one has leached off more resources than the Silnasessuses, though Nassi is a close second.

  33. #99
    Your Daddy RobRoy317's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Bloomington, IN
    Age
    21
    Posts
    128

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: All time most negative influence on Pacers franchise

    how could you not vote artest? he ****ed up the organization for like 6 years.
    "What you are witnessing right now is the old Danny Granger of old!!" - Chris Denari 01/01/2014

  34. #100
    Member naptownmenace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    4,628

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: All time most negative influence on Pacers franchise

    Quote Originally Posted by RobRoy317 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    how could you not vote artest? he ****ed up the organization for like 6 years.
    People keep talking about the brawl and placing the blame on SJax. They clearly forgot that Artest was the idiot that requested a trade after being welcomed back to the team with open arms. At least SJax played his heart out for the Pacers during the remainder of the Brawl season and never asked for a trade. Artest quit on the Pacers and it doesn't get any worse than that in my book.

    Larry Joe Bird even posed with him for the cover of SI for crying out loud! http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/mul...content.4.html
    Last edited by naptownmenace; 09-02-2013 at 12:25 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Larry is not coming back, he didn't have a meeting with Orlando for not reason, yeah he is coming back to the NBA but not to the Pacers, the notion that he is a taking a year off and then come back is absurd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    GOOD GOD THAT'S LARRY BIRD'S MUSIC!

  35. The Following User Says Thank You to naptownmenace For This Useful Post:


Similar Threads

  1. JOB's influence on Vogel
    By McKeyFan in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 113
    Last Post: 01-02-2012, 03:41 AM
  2. Scott Van Pelt influence of Jordan Williams to go pro?
    By MyFavMartin in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-08-2011, 11:25 AM
  3. To get away from the negative Pacers talk for a whilte
    By WAFollman in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-19-2005, 05:35 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •