Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: OT. MAN! Donotos Pizza IS KILLER!

Default OT. MAN! Donotos Pizza IS KILLER!

I swear I love this stuff! The seasoning on there pizzas are friggin nuts! And the pepperoni is always so crisp and ahhhh the cheese is awesome! I liked em in orlando when I first had them and man was I stoked to find out how they had them up here! They have Unos pizza in our arena back home (TD Centre) and it's gross! but in conseco they have donotos! I love it!
    Has to be the best pizza! I'm just sitting here finishing the rest of the box we had for dinner...(A little cold on pizza is great for midnight snacking!) and with 9.99 for a large right now...YOU CAN'T BEAT THAT! Isn't it like 6$ for a medium at conseco? I never actually had one in there...
    mmmmm..only 1 more slice/square

Lurker

Default Re: OT. MAN! Donotos Pizza IS KILLER!

Is that the pizza they sell in Conseco Fieldhouse? I went to a game last year and I swear it was the best pizza I ever had. We ordered a whole pizza the next day for dinner.

You guys know about the rat tails don't you?????

Just kidding! I'll have to try a slice sometime!

-Bball
    O'Brien has been fired! Yay! What took so long?

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

It's the cheese guys.

They use Provalon instead of mozzerella. Plus their sauce it great.

lol@rat tails....
    it's the cheese? what about the seasoning on that pepperoni?
    Yes it's the pizza they have in conseco aswell as around indianapolis and such.
    it's the best! that's why I never knew why the forum party wasn't held at those places! LOL
    God it was so awesome tonight...I finished the box early here...My mom had about 3-4 slices (squares) and I ate the rest! (I'm going to be so fat soon, omg )
    lol

Nerd.
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by JOneal7
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    lol@rat tails....
    it's the best! that's why I never knew why the forum party wasn't held at those places! LOL
    God it was so awesome tonight...I finished the box early here...My mom had about 3-4 slices (squares) and I ate the rest! (I'm going to be so fat soon, omg )
    lol

Try the Buffalo chicken pizza from Donatos. I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by JOneal7
    lol@rat tails....
    lol
    Seasoning on the pepperoni is good, but it's still the cheese. Order one with just cheese sometime & it still taste good.

I always thought they were the best.
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.

I miss Donato's...They were just getting big when I moved from Indy....I used to like to get their 100 slice peperoni pizza...That was the best!

Guys, you have GOT to rty Wild Card Pizza if you're on the southside. It is unbelieveable. Probably the best I have EVER had, they have a seven meat pizza that has this Chicken that is unreal. Seriously guys, it's nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by Gyron
    I miss Donato's...They were just getting big when I moved from Indy....I used to like to get their 100 slice peperoni pizza...That was the best!
    I hope thats a hundred slices of peperoni and not a pizza cut into 100 slices.

They have (or perhaps "had") a couple Pizza Uno places in the metro Detroit area but that stuff wreaked and they didn't last long.

You might get some differing opinions from the others Michiganders here but for my money the best pizza in the metro area is Pizza Papalis. Its a gourmet pizza chain and is really top-notch. Aside from that, the general delivery places are unextraordinary.

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I miss Noble Romans from when they were actual sit-down restaurants, with those old black-and-white movies. I could go for a Monster right about now.

I liked Donatoes, although like Gyron they were just moving in when I moved out. But I also miss my Pan One, Breadsticks and a Coke (what's that, 450 carbs in just one meal? ) for lunch. But I don't miss those extra thirty pounds I've shed...
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

Quote Originally Posted by Jay@Section204
    I miss Noble Romans from when they were actual sit-down restaurants, with those old black-and-white movies. I could go for a Monster right about now.

I liked Donatoes, although like Gyron they were just moving in when I moved out. But I also miss my Pan One, Breadsticks and a Coke (what's that, 450 carbs in just one meal? ) for lunch. But I don't miss those extra thirty pounds I've shed...
    ah yes, noble romans. i know someone who used to work there. those places went downhill because of incompetent management. they were always looking for ways to cut corners such as paying people who had been there for quite a while nothing but minumum wage -only managers could make more.
    they even did stuff like turn the monster (which in it's original form was close to authentic chicago style pizza) into a joke. they cut the amount of dough and toppings by almost 1/3 and stretched the crust to create the illusion that it was the real deal. a shame really. i loved the place when i was a kid but bad management can do that to a place.

It is too bad it is too expensive for me. I love the pizza, but just too much. That's where Papa Johns comes in...
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Harddrive7
    Guys, you have GOT to rty Wild Card Pizza if you're on the southside. It is unbelieveable. Probably the best I have EVER had, they have a seven meat pizza that has this Chicken that is unreal. Seriously guys, it's nuts.
    That sounds good.

I like Donatos, but I've never had full time to appreciate it; we had one in NC for a year or two, then they pulled out.

Mood

Noble Romans ROCKED. We had one in NC until I was maybe out of elementary school; but my family used to get it from there a lot great stuff. Today, I get my "fix" by going to the Noble Romans Express they have here @ BSU's student center building.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I, too, really like Donato's. I haven't had one in a looooong while now (they're pretty pricy). Guess I know what I'll be ordering for either the Saturday IU/PU game, or the Sunday Ponies/Patsies game (or both ).
    "I'm not arguing; I'm explaining why I'm right."

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I remember the first time I had Donatos. It was about 9 years ago in Cincinnati when I was dating my wife. I lived in Indy at the time so it was the first time I ever had the stuff. It was good but I absolutely hated the mushrooms we got on it. Still I have fond memories of that night.

Speaking of Pizza and fond memories, is the Union Jack Pub in Broad Ripple still open? Now seriously, they have THE best pizza I've ever had. EVER! They also had the best sandwiches. I ordered a caribean jerk chicken sandwich once that was so good I can still taste it 7 years later!

The Noble Romans in Broad Ripple was also a favorite of mine. I miss Little Ceasar's Pizza. They had the best, cheap pizza around and their "Crazy Bread" was the bomb.

I think I know what I'm having for lunch. Mmmmmmm....

Oh, the memories. Our family would go to the Noble Romans at 71st
    and Hwy 37 every Friday night. The movies were OK, but I used to love to watch them make the pizzas.

Best pizza in Indy is Bazbeaux, no question about it.

Union Jacks awas good as long as you didn't eat too much.

Nap, I agree with you about Little Ceasars. The pizza was not that good really, but it was cheap and you could eat tons of it, which back in HS was all you really cared about.

Nerd.
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace
    I remember the first time I had Donatos. It was about 9 years ago in Cincinnati when I was dating my wife. I lived in Indy at the time so it was the first time I ever had the stuff. It was good but I absolutely hated the mushrooms we got on it. Still I have fond memories of that night.

Speaking of Pizza and fond memories, is the Union Jack Pub in Broad Ripple still open? Now seriously, they have THE best pizza I've ever had. EVER! They also had the best sandwiches. I ordered a caribean jerk chicken sandwich once that was so good I can still taste it 7 years later!

The Noble Romans in Broad Ripple was also a favorite of mine. I miss Little Ceasar's Pizza. They had the best, cheap pizza around and their "Crazy Bread" was the bomb.

I think I know what I'm having for lunch. Mmmmmmm....
    The best pizza I ever tasted was the Little Caesars down the road from my parent's house in Burton, MI. Damn, that was good.

I love Pizza Hut's stuffed crust. Papa John's has some good BBQ Chicken pizza.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Yeah guys, thanks for depressing me....

3 Things I miss about not living in Indy:

1.) Jack's Pizza (particularly on 51st/Michigan Rd... if it's still there)
    2.) Donato's pizza
    3.) Domino's (there's 1 here.... in freaking Little Italy).

3ptmiller

Kebab Pizza With Extra Cheese Is The King!

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck

Best pizza in Indy is Bazbeaux, no question about it.
    Bazbeaux is definitely very good, I've only been there once. It's kinda hard to find, plus a little farther away
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

The Ordinary.

Noble Romans Sicilian was the best. Loved that crunchy crust, mmmmmmmmmm