Page 36 of 46 FirstFirst ... 26323334353637383940 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 non-Colts thread

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: 2013 non-Colts thread

I still think that Kaepernick can be really good, though Jaws's prediction was obviously silly. Don't forget that he's been without Crabtree this year, who he relied heavily on a year ago. Losing a WR like that is a lot for a young receiver to adjust to.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Lots of troubling signs out of RGIII. There's a story that he and his father had a "tense" discussion at his locker after the game. Why is his dad allowed in the locker room? That's ridiculous. If I'm Dan Snyder, his dad is immediately banned from pretty much every team activity other than attending games. RGIII is a grown man and his dad is helicopter parenting him on national TV? Eff that noise!

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to travmil For This Useful Post:

this made me laugh so hard that I had to share

The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Slick Pinkham For This Useful Post:

I remember the Lakers version of it that was funnier because it had Sasha Vujacic in the back with Phil Jackson...

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...eds-to-back-up

Too much was made of the postgame locker room visit Robert Griffin III's father paid to his son on the heels of Monday night's ugly loss to the San Francisco 49ers.

During a season in which the Washington Redskins' second-year passer has been thrust under the microscope, RGIII made it crystal clear Wednesday that he won't tolerate his family being picked apart by the press.

"I don't know what all has been said, I just know it hasn't all been positive," Griffin told reporters. "My dad came to check on me. He came to check on me to make sure I wasn't injured. Mom was upset. He wanted to, you know, do his fatherly duties and step in there and see if I was OK."

Griffin acknowledged he was "shocked" to see his dad in the locker room, but said "he meant no harm."

"Anybody out there that's going after my dad needs to back up," Griffin said. "That is my father. I will protect my family. He served 21 years in the military. I know that's not an excuse for anything that he does, but he's not overstepping any bounds, so I respect that. I hope people will respect that."

The mood lightened considerably when Griffin acknowledged that his father was concerned about a kick the quarterback took "in the gonads."

The quarterback said he put his dad at ease with confirmation that RGII will someday be a grandfather, saying: "There will be an RGIIII."

According to David Smoak of Waco’s ESPN 1660 AM, both Art Briles and Nick Florence, another former Baylor quarterback, both said that all of Griffin’s plays were shown during film study sessions during his college career...

Briles told Smoak, who covers Baylor, “We watched all plays.”

Florence
    – Griffin’s backup at Baylor – told Smoak, “Are you kidding me, we watched all film, Griff, me, all the QB’s at Baylor.”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...g-film-review/

can't wait to see this v Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    According to David Smoak of Waco’s ESPN 1660 AM, both Art Briles and Nick Florence, another former Baylor quarterback, both said that all of Griffin’s plays were shown during film study sessions during his college career...

Briles told Smoak, who covers Baylor, “We watched all plays.”

Florence
    – Griffin’s backup at Baylor – told Smoak, “Are you kidding me, we watched all film, Griff, me, all the QB’s at Baylor.”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...g-film-review/

wait, so people actually bought that "RG3 only wants to see good plays on film" stuff?

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Yup, I was one of them cause it wouldn't surprise me at all.
    You **** up once, you lose two teeth

Sports Logo Sports Logo

McGloin is having a great game so far with some few impressive throws as well.

Also, I basically envy any WR I see that can catch the ball. Don't blame me, blame the Colts.
    You **** up once, you lose two teeth

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Not only do I love the fact that Matt McGloin, the kid from PSU walk on from Scranton Prep, is now a starting QB in the NFL, but he's starting over Pryor. This makes me so happy

So do you think Tomlin will get fined or his sideline position last night?

Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post
    So do you think Tomlin will get fined or his sideline position last night?

He should be fined and suspended for at least two games. It was blatant cheating and saved 4 points. It should have been a penalty which gave Baltimore a touchdown. Also, it would have been awful if Pitt would have won the game because this blatant cheating would have been a big reason for it. Did you see Tomlin smugly smiling after the fact? He knew damn well what he did. The clown was watching himself on the monitor and knew exactly what was going to happen. He caused Jones to slow down just enough that it likely prevented the touchdown. In that situation, the benefit of the doubt should go to the returner, not the cheating bush league coach. Ravens should have been rewarded with 7. If Jones knew that he was going to get tackled without a penalty flag, then I'm guessing he would have just went ahead and mowed down Tomlin.

I thought the Pittsburgh Steelers like to pound their chests about smash mouth football and playing the right way? That bush league move was beneath an organization as successful as the Steelers and the NFL as a whole. Tomlin as the leader of that team embarrassed the organization.

Glad the Birds pulled that game out last night and that the Steelers are all but finished.
    Last edited by Sollozzo; 11-29-2013 at 11:49 PM.

Glad I own Manning and Decker in fantasy.

Decker had 3 touchdowns on the season going into today's game, but has 4 in this game against KC.

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    He should be fined and suspended for at least two games. It was blatant cheating and saved 4 points. It should have been a penalty which gave Baltimore a touchdown. Also, it would have been awful if Pitt would have won the game because this blatant cheating would have been a big reason for it. Did you see Tomlin smugly smiling after the fact? He knew damn well what he did. The clown was watching himself on the monitor and knew exactly what was going to happen. He caused Jones to slow down just enough that it likely prevented the touchdown. In that situation, the benefit of the doubt should go to the returner, not the cheating bush league coach. Ravens should have been rewarded with 7. If Jones knew that he was going to get tackled without a penalty flag, then I'm guessing he would have just went ahead and mowed down Tomlin.

I thought the Pittsburgh Steelers like to pound their chests about smash mouth football and playing the right way? That bush league move was beneath an organization as successful as the Steelers and the NFL as a whole. Tomlin as the leader of that team embarrassed the organization.

Glad the Birds pulled that game out last night and that the Steelers are all but finished.

I think he'll be fined they might lose a draft pick. And yes it was on purpose.. I have to admit my first thought was after how smart it was that why didn't anyone on the Denver sideline think of this last January.

Go figure, when we run the ball we actually make progress.

I know its early, but this is what I like to see.

Also good to see Fred Davis back

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10063295/nfl-expected-consider-fining-mike-tomlin-pittsburgh-steelers-coach-six-figures-stepping-field-baltimore-ravens

The NFL is expected to consider six-figure fines for Pittsburgh head coach Mike Tomlin and the Steelers organization and also is expected to consider taking away a draft pick from the team, a source familiar with the league's thinking told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.
    The league is expected to hand down its discipline early this coming week, the source said

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I wanted Alshon Jeffery in 2012... was sorta sad we missed on him. He was raw. But man... woulda looked good in a horseshoe.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...whead-stadium/

Two suspects in custody after homicide at Arrowhead Stadium

Two suspects have been apprehended after a homicide occurred today at Arrowhead Stadium in Kansas City, where the Chiefs played the Broncos.

Kansas City Police Chief Daryle Forte wrote on Twitter that detectives are investigating the homicide and that two suspects are in custody.

The Kansas City Star reports that police arrested two people after one person was killed in a parking lot. According to the report, detectives were sent to parking lot A to investigate.

I thought Peyton's arm looked great yesterday. I'm still worried about it in the cold, but his throws last night were comforting. He was throwing pretty long bombs to Decker.

I thought Peyton's arm looked great yesterday. I'm still worried about it in the cold, but his throws last night were comforting. He was throwing pretty long bombs to Decker.
    It was rather mild yesterday in the Midwest though. When I passed through Westfield on my way back to Indy it was 61 degrees if that school scoreboard is to be believed.

Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post
    It was rather mild yesterday in the Midwest though. When I passed through Westfield on my way back to Indy it was 61 degrees if that school scoreboard is to be believed.

Agreed. But it was still an encouraging sign. I haven't seen him bomb it like that in weeks.

http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2013/...rs-punishment/

Different video of Tomlin and the 'interference' issue....
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2013/...rs-punishment/

Different video of Tomlin and the 'interference' issue....

Clearly an intentional punk move. He should be suspended for the rest of the season.

Clearly an intentional punk move. He should be suspended for the rest of the season.

I wouldn't suspend him just fine him and be done with it. I mean its not as if he tripped the guy like the Jets coach did.

On a side note Seattle is dominant at home I think had the Colts played in Seattle we would've gotten killed.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10...-plane-problem

Saints stuck in Seattle overnight

SEATTLE -- As if the night couldn't get any worse for the New Orleans Saints after their 34-7 loss to the Seattle Seahawks, they wound up having to spend the night in Seattle because of a problem with the team plane.

Specific details were not immediately available, and it's unclear what time the Saints (9-3) will return home Tuesday. But the delay makes a short week even shorter as they prepare for a critical Week 14 home date with the NFC South rival Carolina Panthers (9-3).

The Saints will look to bounce back from Monday's poor performance in which quarterback Drew Brees' streak of throwing for more than 200 yards ended at 43 games.

"We took one in the chin today," Brees said. "We got outplayed today. They played great. They made a lot of plays, and we didn't."

New Orleans' nightmare wasn't limited to the offensive side of the ball, as the team's improved defense was torched for 429 yards of total offense -- 310 of which came via the arm of Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson.

"Lot of things to look at," Saints coach Sean Payton said. "Lot of things we didn't do well."

Unfortunately for the Saints, they have another night in Seattle to think about it.