Page 18 of 46 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 non-Colts thread

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: 2013 non-Colts thread

This will turn again to rings vs season stats and QB quality. I tend to agree with Sollozo here. I mean I am not hating on Eli cause I think he can be a superb QB and clutch of course but if you look at his stats they are rather pedestrian/normal. Yes I know he has 2 rings and just one less win than Peyton in the playoffs but don't tell me you'd pick him over Peyton. He has 8 wins out 11 games and those 8 came when he went all the way to win the SB from the WC round.

I agree it's a measure (SB rings) to compare elite QB's but sorry I can't say Eli is one of the greatest QBs to have graced the game.
    You **** up once, you lose two teeth

Sports Logo Sports Logo

New concerns about Gronk

The Patriots thought the Pro Bowl tight end would make his debut as soon as Week 3 against Tampa Bay.

However, Gronkowski did not make his debut on Sept. 22, and has yet to step on the field for his first snap of game action. The reason: concern over the stability of his surgically repaired left forearm after a procedure performed by Patriots doctor Tom Gill.

WEEI.com has learned from multiple industry sources that the arm, injured initially on Nov. 18, 2012, against the Colts, might have healed properly on its own with no surgery necessary. But the team and Gronkowski, perhaps looking to hasten his return to the field, decided upon surgery to use an implement in hopes he would be ready for the playoffs.

One source with knowledge of the initial forearm surgery told WEEI.com Thursday night that there is “serious concern” about the integrity of the bone where the implement was placed and the surrounding nerves. The source indicated that if the bone had healed on its own without an implement, there might have been no infection. However, there now are concerns that an abscess developed, causing infection and likely weakening the bone. This prompted three more surgeries in the offseason on the forearm, separate from the procedure on his back.
    http://itiswhatitis.weei.com/sports/...ob-gronkowski/

So there is a chance team doctor screwed up and now Gronk visiting James Andrews?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

This Gronk situation will be very worrisome if he is held out against the Saints after all of the initial hope at the beginning of this week.

I obviously don't like the Pats, but I've always liked Gronk. The guy is a beast of a talent and it would be a shame if this injury continues to linger.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Wow, 0-6 for the Giants

I may be imagining things, but did I see some players going at each other right behind the Giants HC right after Eli's last pick? I swear I did and Coughlin basically saying "cut it out, not now". No one has commented on that, but I swear I saw that

____

Also....

the modern record for most picks in a season is 35 by Vinny Testaverde in 1988. The all time record for interceptions is 42 by George Blanda in '62.

I can only imagine how much Eli would hate his life is Peyton win a SB and eli set either of the above records. FYI through 6 weeks Eli has 15 interceptions.
    He had 15 all of last yea

Quote Originally Posted by Johanvil View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This will turn again to rings vs season stats and QB quality. I tend to agree with Sollozo here. I mean I am not hating on Eli cause I think he can be a superb QB and clutch of course but if you look at his stats they are rather pedestrian/normal. Yes I know he has 2 rings and just one less win than Peyton in the playoffs but don't tell me you'd pick him over Peyton. He has 8 wins out 11 games and those 8 came when he went all the way to win the SB from the WC round.

I agree it's a measure (SB rings) to compare elite QB's but sorry I can't say Eli is one of the greatest QBs to have graced the game.

I must've missed the part where I said I'd pick him over Peyton I'm just pointing out how things are judged and its rather absurd I mean Terry Bradshaw won 4 rings just like Joe Montana but does anyone really celebrate him in the same regard as Montana? No

Does anyone think he's a better QB than Dan Marino? No but Bradshaw will be considered more memorable because of those 4 rings compared to Dan Marino.

Its how things are perceived is my point.

As for Gronk to think if Bill didn't keep him during a game that was already put away by the Pats against us last season this might not be happening to him..

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I get that about how they are being perceived. I wasn't necessarily addressing you but rather stating my opinion.

Question: If Eli and Peyton retired now, does anyone think Eli would be more memorable because he has one more SB? My point is that only few certain QB's can be judged head to head regarding their SB wins. Eli is not one of them.

As for Gronk, I wouldn't necessarily go there. Yes he was injured in an effort to block for his team for the extra point but **** happens. He had taken part in so many similar situations before and he hadn't been injured.

Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post

As for Gronk to think if Bill didn't keep him during a game that was already put away by the Pats against us last season this might not be happening to him..
    What you are missing is that a FG/ extra point unit has a long snapper, a holder, the kicker, and 8 blockers on the line.

So if your roster has 8 offensive linemen (5 starters) and 3 TEs (2 starters) dressing for a game, at minimum all of the 4 backups and 4 of the starting OL/TEs are among the 8 blockers playing on that unit, unless you use defensive players. So you must use a lot of starters on that special teams unit. It's how the roster math works, for every team.
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Slick Pinkham For This Useful Post:

So Tampa's had another MRSA outbreak. Schefter says the players union may want to cancel the Eagles @ Bucs game this weekend depending on what the containment report says. Can't blame em, MRSA's some nasty stuff.

Week Six has arrived for the Patriots, and the verdict has arrived for tight end Rob Gronkowski.

Per a league source, Dr. James Andrews has recommended that Gronkowski not play.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...wski-not-play/

At this point, you have to wonder if he plays at all this season.

I'm sure if he's allowed to play we'll get never ending parallels between this and RG3

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    At this point, you have to wonder if he plays at all this season.
    Too soon for that I think but you can't rule it out of course. I think it gets closer to what I said about having him completely fit for the playoffs.

As we all know, the Colts play on Monday Night Football this week. So can someone refresh my memory as to why CBS is not airing any of the 1 PM games in the Indy market? I'd rather watch Steelers-Jets than Don't Say a Word with Michael Douglas, whatever the hell that is. I'll flip it over to Fox and watch Packers-Ravens, but it would be nice to have a CBS game to check up on.

BTW, WISH (CBS) is showing the Broncos-Jags game at 4:05, which is right up against Saints-Pats on Fox.

I'm sure that there is some NFL rule that governs these TV decisions.
    Last edited by Sollozzo; 10-13-2013 at 12:22 PM.

As we all know, the Colts play on Monday Night Football this week. So can someone refresh my memory as to why CBS is not airing any of the 1 PM games in the Indy market? I'd rather watch Steelers-Jets than Don't Say a Word with Michael Douglas, whatever the hell that is. I'll flip it over to Fox and watch Packers-Ravens, but it would be nice to have a CBS game to check up on.

BTW, WISH (CBS) is showing the Broncos-Jags game at 4:05, which is right up against Saints-Pats on Fox.

There's only one CBS game in every market this week. We got one of the late ones because of Peyton.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to PacersHomer For This Useful Post:

Yeah I rather have two games at 1 PM than at 4 PM

On a slightly OT note Don't Say A Word was actually a good movie it also starred the late Brittany Murphy as well.

@ the Texans being down 31-6 at home to the Rams. These clowns are crumbling and I'm loving every minute of it. Colts are about to win this division for a decade straight starting this season.

Wow, major implosion by Houston. It's hilarious, though I kinda feel bad for them. Schaub isn't even playing poorly, it's the rest of the team that is sucking it up. Thanks fellas for handing us the division
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness View Post
    Wow, major implosion by Houston. It's hilarious, though I kinda feel bad for them. Schaub isn't even playing poorly, it's the rest of the team that is sucking it up. Thanks fellas for handing us the division
    That makes one of us.

I'm loving it after hearing all of the "experts" act like this team would be ruling the AFC South for a few seasons with Peyton out of the way. Last year, they barely beat a Colts team with a rookie quarterback and band-aid roster. Now, we're comfortably the better club.

Texan fans cheering Schaub getting hurt. They don't deserve to win this division (mainly because they aren't that great, but this is just sad)
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

AHAHAHAHAHAHA TJ Yates Pick 6! You CANNOT make this stuff up. That should shut the Hou fans up a little

Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness View Post
    AHAHAHAHAHAHA TJ Yates Pick 6! You CANNOT make this stuff up. That should shut the Hou fans up a little
    I imagine Teddy Bridgewater is being discussed in Texan circles right about now. Or hell, maybe Johnny Manziel.

I picked the Rams to beat Houston this week, but the margin is still a shocker.

Like I said at the end of last season, the division belongs to us once again.

makes you wonder why Houston had no interest in Freeman

it'd be weird as a fan to watch a team actively tank like the Jags are. you see it so rarely in football, I wouldn't know how to watch not caring if my team won or lost.

how bout them Jags. hangin around.