Page 17 of 46 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 non-Colts thread

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: 2013 non-Colts thread

I am so lost, the Colts made a comment on the game? Or was that just an example

I thought McCoy was an idiot for what he said, and personally I dont think the Broncos should have said anything.

but it is what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I am so lost, the Colts made a comment on the game? Or was that just an example

I thought McCoy was an idiot for what he said, and personally I dont think the Broncos should have said anything.

but it is what it is.
    No it was an example the Broncos have an official twitter account that has stats etc but the Colts have Jim Irsay who does the "Twittering"

The Broncos didn't really say anything that wasn't true I mean if they said the Jags sucked that would be a story this? Not so much. The Jaguars should've just ignored it and save it for the field.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Basketball Fan For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Giants season in a nutshell.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Atlanta is done if they lose this game. No way they make the playoffs if they start out 1-4.

It's virtually guaranteed that one of the wild card spots will go to whichever of Seattle/San Francisco fails to win the division. That leaves only one spot. I think an NFC North team will take it.

The Jets really aren't that terrible of a team. The defense is still good, and Geno Smith doesn't look that bad for a rookie who is starting. And it's not as if he has the best receiving weapons. The Jets certainly have more to look forward to now than they did a year ago when headband was starting.

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

What a crazy season.... who would've thought that the Giants would be 0-5; TB would be 0-4; the Vikes would be 1-3; Atlanta would be 1-4; Houston would be 2-3; and Pitt would be 0-4? All of those teams were considered to be at least playoff contenders, at least in my mind, and a few of them (ATL/HOU) were supposed to be SB contenders. Hell, I'll even throw San Fran in as a surprise under-achiever, although they seem to be somewhat fixing things.

Parity.
    Last edited by Kid Minneapolis; 10-07-2013 at 10:57 PM.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    What a crazy season.... who would've thought that the Giants would be 0-5; TB would be 0-4; the Vikes would be 1-3; Atlanta would be 1-4; Houston would be 2-3; and Pitt would be 0-4? All of those teams were considered to be at least playoff contenders, at least in my mind, and a few of them (ATL/HOU) were supposed to be SB contenders. Hell, I'll even throw San Fran in as a surprise under-achiever, although they seem to be somewhat fixing things.

Parity.
    ****, to me its crazy just to look at the NFCE.

I knew the Skins had a uphill climb, but I expected at least .500. I expected the Giants to come out with 8-10 wins (if not more), and I really expected the Eagles to come out and have a good start (though I thought they would fall apart at the end, esp when Vick got hurt). I never expected the 'girls to do anything, because Romos gonna Romo

But yeah, what you said. Esp Atlanta, SF and Pitt

This Atlanta-NYJ game has been pretty entertaining.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

That was a hell of a win by the Jets. Geno Smith played a damn good game for a rookie on the road. This Jets team is pretty solid right now. They have a good defense and will be in contention if Geno plays solid.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

ATL's defense almost cost me a win this week. I won by like 2.4 points, not cool with that at all. Crappy thing was my other option was Denvers d

Good win by the Jets. Was not expecting that at all

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Geno Smith is exceeding my expectations by a mile. He looks great out there.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

I was in a survivor league and I picked Atl over NYJ. Unbelievable.

Smith looked really good. Atl's defense was not very good.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Didn't expect Geno to deliver. Mostly impressed with him was at the end and the two minute drill.
    You **** up once, you lose two teeth

Rex Ryan may be extremely obnoxious, but the guy is a pretty damn solid coach. Give him a decent QB and you'll have a solid football team because he is going to make sure that the defense is good. In today's NFL, you can't win with a QB who is as awful as Sanchez was the past couple of years. But if Geno continues to play solid, this team will have a decent season.
    Last edited by Sollozzo; 10-08-2013 at 08:41 AM.

Maybe the Jets should just draft a QB every year? They seem to do better when they have to hold their quarterback's hand.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    Rex Ryan may be extremely obnoxious, but the guy is a pretty damn solid coach. Give him a decent QB and you'll have a solid football team because he is going to make sure that the defense is good. In today's NFL, you can't win with a QB who is as awful as Sanchez was the past couple of years. But if Geno continues to play solid, this team will have a decent season.
    Sorry, I do not agree at all. I think he is a great defensive coach, but one good game (against a slumping Atlanta team) does not make him a "solid coach" IMO.

He had plenty of chances to prove he was a good coach over the year, and IMO he has pulled a Norv Turner and never produced. Somehow he just keeps getting other chances.

Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan View Post
    Sorry, I do not agree at all. I think he is a great defensive coach, but one good game (against a slumping Atlanta team) does not make him a "solid coach" IMO.

He had plenty of chances to prove he was a good coach over the year, and IMO he has pulled a Norv Turner and never produced. Somehow he just keeps getting other chances.
    I'm not just saying it's because of one good game. I'm looking at his entire career in NY. Back to back AFC championship game appearances is impressive. The last two years were bad, but Vince Lombardi couldn't win with how Mark Sanchez was playing. Give Rex an adequate quarterback and he'll put the team in position to win.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

I'm not just saying it's because of one good game. I'm looking at his entire career in NY. Back to back AFC championship game appearances is impressive. The last two years were bad, but Vince Lombardi couldn't win with how Mark Sanchez was playing. Give Rex an adequate quarterback and he'll put the team in position to win.
    I admit I am biased because I got tired of his **** talking and not backing it up, but even in the AFC championship games I felt he got out-coaches.

I agree about Sanchez. I honestly dont know why they stuck with how as long as they did....

I actually agree with cdash. Maybe they should draft a new QB every year lol

26. The Following User Says Thank You to vapacersfan For This Useful Post:

Two series, 2 INTs for Eli. He looks worse than Schaub right now.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness View Post
    Two series, 2 INTs for Eli. He looks worse than Schaub right now.
    Well he's won 2 rings but also the Giants across the board are bad all around.

With the Texans its Schaub because the rest of the team doesn't look as bad in comparison to the Giants.

Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post
    Well he's won 2 rings but also the Giants across the board are bad all around.

With the Texans its Schaub because the rest of the team doesn't look as bad in comparison to the Giants.

He's won two rings, yet his career has been a disappointment.......if that makes sense.

The talent is there. The ability to make clutch throws in big moments is obviously there. He certainly has the hardware. But the guy has just never been able to put together consecutive seasons of quality play like elite quarterbacks should. After the second Super Bowl, he had the opportunity to really cement himself as one of the very best quarterbacks in the game. It looked like he was on his way when they started 6-2 last year. But then the team stumbled down the stretch and didn't even make the playoffs. One year later and they are 0-5. Elite quarterbacks don't miss the playoffs after starting out 6-2, nor do they start 0-6. Tom Brady is throwing to guys that he's never heard of, yet they're 4-1. Peyton could be throwing to high school players and would still do better than 0-5. Anyone who ever compares Eli to Peyton should be slapped in the face.

Eli has a HOF career because of the hardware. But the guy has never been a true elite quarterback.
    Last edited by Sollozzo; 10-10-2013 at 09:44 PM.

He's won two rings, yet his career has been a disappointment.......if that makes sense.

The talent is there. The ability to make clutch throws in big moments is obviously there. He certainly has the hardware. But the guy has just never been able to put together consecutive seasons of quality play like elite quarterbacks should. After the second Super Bowl, he had the opportunity to really cement himself as one of the very best quarterbacks in the game. It looked like he was on his way when they started 6-2 last year. But then the team stumbled down the stretch and didn't even make the playoffs. One year later and they are 0-5. Elite quarterbacks don't miss the playoffs after starting out 6-2, nor do they start 0-6. Tom Brady is throwing to guys that he's never heard of, yet they're 4-1. Peyton could be throwing to high school players and would still do better than 0-6. Anyone who ever compares Eli to Peyton should be slapped in the face.

Eli has a HOF career because of the hardware. But the guy has never been a true elite quarterback.
    And it just shows worthless the regular season really is because QB's aren't judged by that now are they?

Regardless I think this year Peyton took all the mojo from the Manning Brothers two years ago Eli was having a great year and Peyton well nuff said.

Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post
    And it just shows worthless the regular season really is because QB's aren't judged by that now are they?

Regardless I think this year Peyton took all the mojo from the Manning Brothers two years ago Eli was having a great year and Peyton well nuff said.

The regular season isn't worthless. Quarterbacks definitely get judged by regular season. It's just that an emphasis gets put on postseason when you're comparing guys like Manning and Brady who are excellent every regular season. But you have to get to the playoffs before you can shine in the regular season, and Eli hasn't gotten to the playoffs enough despite having the two Super Bowls. Eli may have one more ring, but there's no rational person who would put him in Peyton's class. Sure, some people got caught up in the heat of the moment two years ago when Eli had the second ring, while Peyton said out the entire career. But that was all overreaction, and Peyton would have still been better even if he would have never taken another NFL snap. Peyton's routine regular season success shows that he has consistently performed at an elite level throughout his entire career, while Eli has been all over the place and often very very very crappy.

Eli doesn't really have a good team around right now. No monster defense like they had and a poor offensive line without a run game. He's not like Peyton or the other really good QBs who can carry a team on their own. But you give Eli a team and he will excel. Not everybody can do that

33. The Following User Says Thank You to Suaveness For This Useful Post:

The regular season isn't worthless. Quarterbacks definitely get judged by regular season. It's just that an emphasis gets put on postseason when you're comparing guys like Manning and Brady who are excellent every regular season. But you have to get to the playoffs before you can shine in the regular season, and Eli hasn't gotten to the playoffs enough despite having the two Super Bowls. Eli may have one more ring, but there's no rational person who would put him in Peyton's class. Sure, some people got caught up in the heat of the moment two years ago when Eli had the second ring, while Peyton said out the entire career. But that was all overreaction, and Peyton would have still been better even if he would have never taken another NFL snap. Peyton's routine regular season success shows that he has consistently performed at an elite level throughout his entire career, while Eli has been all over the place and often very very very crappy.

That's not stopped them from dogging Matt Ryan or Tony Romo for that matter(although Romo can be just as bad in the regular season)

Regardless there's a reason why John Elway will always be more celebrated than Dan Marino even though Marino was a far more talented QB he never won a ring Elway won two fortunately for him.