Page 16 of 46 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 non-Colts thread

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: 2013 non-Colts thread

I do not know if it would ever happen, but on a Redskins site they were talking about a trade of Kirk Cousins to HOU.

Would be interesting, to say the least.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I do not know if it would ever happen, but on a Redskins site they were talking about a trade of Kirk Cousins to HOU.

Would be interesting, to say the least.
    Washington should hold onto Cousins in case RG3 goes down the same road as Can Newton
    David "And One" West

You know I actually would not be opposed to that.

I honestly have always thought Shanny and Snyder planned on trading him at some point, but I would be 100% on board with keeping him.

Even if the Skins hit the powerball and RG3 comes back 100% his old self, I still like the insurance. If he doesnt, like you said, they have a good option to take over...

All that said, HOU makes sense as a trade partner. Wonder if Josh Freemans agent has got a call from HOU yet

future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

Houston's just pretty much the definition of an average team. Schaub's not the worst starter in the league or anything, but he definitely holds them back. Kubiak's starting to feel like Lovie Smith with the Bears. No real reason to fire him other than the old "it was time for a change."

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

You know this game is such a disappointment for an SNF game when you had the Colts/Seahawks and Broncos/Cowboys earlier in the day....

And this isn't even the last game of the night there's the Chargers/Raiders game on NFLN I hope I can stay awake to watch the whole thing.

future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

put JJ Watt at QB, why not. he's been the best player on the field all night anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post

And this isn't even the last game of the night there's the Chargers/Raiders game on NFLN I hope I can stay awake to watch the whole thing.

I love football, but I don't love it on a "I'll stay up until 3:00 AM to watch the Chargers and Raiders" level. That's pretty diehard.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Good yes but not great I mean they did lose to the Browns last week

To add insult to injury the lone TD scored was from Ellis Green who the Pats dumped a while back

Any Given Sunday
    I know Cincy lost to Cleveland and maybe some people overrated them before the season but I still think they are much much better than using the Any Given Sunday motto. That applies to Cleveland, Jags (not even that will save them apparently) etc.

As I said their running game is good with law Firm and Bernard( as a change of pace RB and not only that) and their D is very good. Geno Atkins is a beast. Only worrying thing is Dalton's ability and his disturbing orange hair.
    You **** up once, you lose two teeth

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    I love football, but I don't love it on a "I'll stay up until 3:00 AM to watch the Chargers and Raiders" level. That's pretty diehard.
    Glad the Colts don't start that late I would've but I actually watched till halftime when they were up 17-0 but Oakland held on to win 24-17

I find this funny.

I am going to assume it wasn’t a fist fight, but Richie Whitt says he will name names on Monday. As you can imagine, most media members aren’t the most intimidating guys around, so I doubt there was much to it, besides a bunch of yelling and pretending they are going to do something.

Hopefully, video will be revealed at some point.
    Read more at http://blacksportsonline.com/home/20...4dpipxokUws.99

Sports Logo Sports Logo

That Miami OL will get Tannehill killed in the end. Dude has been sacked 24 times already in just 5 games. Last season he was sacked 35 times in 16 games.
    You **** up once, you lose two teeth

Of all the records Peyton Manning is laying waste to through the first five weeks of this season -- 20 passing touchdowns, 1,884 passing yards, 230 points -- it is perhaps this number that best defines how dominant he and the Denver Broncos have been: minus-28.

That's how many points Denver is favored by over the Jacksonville Jaguars in Week 6 opening lines posted by the Las Vegas Hotel.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9785515/denver-broncos-tie-record-highest-point-spread

I wouldn't trade Kirk Cousins if I was Washington, not with RG3 playing like this.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to idioteque For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by idioteque View Post
    I wouldn't trade Kirk Cousins if I was Washington, not with RG3 playing like this.
    I am not sure Cousins in the long term answer, but I agree with you for now. I did not watch a lot of tape of him at MSU (just when he played ND, when he always had a big game....grrr) but I saw mixed reviews of him.

Of course, all this can change between now and week 16/playoffs

Of course this is all fans talking. For all I know the Redskins may have him in their long term plan, though if he helped get some picks I would not be opposed to trading him personally

Of all the records Peyton Manning is laying waste to through the first five weeks of this season -- 20 passing touchdowns, 1,884 passing yards, 230 points -- it is perhaps this number that best defines how dominant he and the Denver Broncos have been: minus-28.

That's how many points Denver is favored by over the Jacksonville Jaguars in Week 6 opening lines posted by the Las Vegas Hotel.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9785515/denver-broncos-tie-record-highest-point-spread
    That's a suckers bet the game will be closer than people think.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

That's a suckers bet the game will be closer than people think.
    honestly, I'd put my money on Denver.

Denver and Jax are already getting into it on twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by @DenverBroncos
    #Broncos' 51 pts Sun. are as many as JAX has scored all season.
    Quote Originally Posted by @jaguars
    Stay class, Denver. MT @DenverBroncos: #Broncos' 51 pts Sun. are as many as JAX has scored all season
    Quote Originally Posted by @DenverBroncos
    No shots, just stats. RT @jaguars: Stay class, Denver. MT @DenverBroncos: #Broncos' 51 pts Sun. are as many as JAX has scored all season
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right.” ― Ricky Gervais.

What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:

Seems to be an overreaction to me I mean its a stat no different than ESPN saying the same thing just is an issue I guess since it came from the Broncos twitter account.

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    Denver and Jax are already getting into it on twitter.
    No big deal other than some Jax players may take it personal and then personally take it out on Peyton with some cheap shots.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

Quote Originally Posted by RWB View Post
    No big deal other than some Jax players may take it personal and then personally take it out on Peyton with some cheap shots.

At this point I doubt they are taking it personally I could see the latter happening since he was a Colts QB

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Peyton's been great today and all, but Romo's kicking some *** against a good Denver D. people love to hate on him because of the batched playoff snap and just because he's a Cowboy pretty much, but he gets pretty overlooked when people talk about the league's best QBs.
    It ended poorly for Romo, but I agree with other people today, you don't put the loss on the guy who helped you get 48 pts when you lose. He played an incredible game.

Quote Originally Posted by Ransom View Post
    It ended poorly for Romo, but I agree with other people today, you don't put the loss on the guy who helped you get 48 pts when you lose. He played an incredible game.
    Sorry, this loss is largly on him.

Is he the only reason? Hell no.

but if you can handle the praise of a 400 (or 500, whatever) yard game up until that point, then you can handle the criticism of throwing that pass.

I mean, he made some AMAZING reads all day, then he throws that stupid pass (and I get it, he was pressured on the play)

Taking away the fact it is the 'girls and Romo, it goes back to basics for me. One person can not win [or lose] the game by themselves (in football), but if you are going to accept all the prarries then you damn well better be able to accept the critiques

Enough talk about this game, its Cowboys week.

GO SKINS!

Seems to be an overreaction to me I mean its a stat no different than ESPN saying the same thing just is an issue I guess since it came from the Broncos twitter account.
    Perhaps I am just not normal....but I kind of dislike teams talking trash via twitter/facebook/etc

I am all about fans getting crazy, but the team? I am not a huge fan of that. Course, I am also not a fan of players talking all week. I prefer to see them do all their talking on game day

Perhaps I am just not normal....but I kind of dislike teams talking trash via twitter/facebook/etc

I am all about fans getting crazy, but the team? I am not a huge fan of that. Course, I am also not a fan of players talking all week. I prefer to see them do all their talking on game day
    I prefer they not say anything and in the Colts case we have Jimbo who is a Twittering fool not an official Broncos account.

Regardless the Jags shouldn't have taken it personally LeSean McCoy said Knowshon sucks and he didn't get into it.

If the Broncos players were talking smack to the Jags that would be an issue but I don't see them doing that

It's always good when you own Manning/Decker in fantasy and see that the Jags are on the schedule. Hopefully I get 60 points from that combo.