Page 14 of 46 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 non-Colts thread

Default Re: 2013 non-Colts thread

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Peyton is getting a lot of credit for his historic start to the season. Deservedly so.

Brady is getting a lot of credit for the depleted Patriots being 4-0. Deservedly so.

But what about Drew Brees in the Saints? Man, that team looks scary good right now. I knew that they would come back with a roar with Sean Payton back on the sidelines. That guy is easily a top 5 coach in the NFL. And why did Dallas kick Rob Ryan out the door? He is a big reason why that New Orleans defense has completely turned around. I will never like the Saints because they crushed our hearts in the Super Bowl, but there's no doubt that they are a top team right now. Atlanta missed their opportunity last year when New Orleans was shaken by the suspensions. They will probably never have an opportunity like that again. The Saints should comfortably win the division.
    He is getting credit but I think based on last season they may not give Drew credit since the Saints weren't too hot without Sean Payton most people think his success is mostly because of him.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post
    He is getting credit but I think based on last season they may not give Drew credit since the Saints weren't too hot without Sean Payton most people think his success is mostly because of him.
    Yeah, but that situation last year is something that none of the other premier QB's have ever had to deal with. I'm not going to fault Brees too much for the bad season.

I get what you're saying though. This wasn't a playoff team last year and some people probably wrote them off a bit this year. But they are one dangerous team right now.

At home the Saints are dangerous but they have to go to Chicago and New England and Seattle later in the season ..... I think that will be a real test for them.

I give the Saints full credit if their production on the road (especially on offense) does not take the precipitous plunge that it has in past seasons. I recall seeing career home/road splits for Brees and it is striking. He is one of the best ever at home and merely pretty good on the road. There is nowhere near a big a dip for Brady and Rogers, and a smaller one for Peyton too.

I'm not saying that there should be no dip at all if you play in a home dome. Most QBs are more effective in perfect weather. Brady had a much higher passer rating in dome games, for example, even though every single one of them is of course on the road. But it shouldn't be night vs. day.

Oddly NO also has had home /road night/day effects even with their team defense.
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    I give the Saints full credit if their production on the road (especially on offense) does not take the precipitous plunge that it has in past seasons. I recall seeing career home/road splits for Brees and it is striking. He is one of the best ever at home and merely pretty good on the road. There is nowhere near a big a dip for Brady and Rogers, and a smaller one for Peyton too.

I'm not saying that there should be no dip at all if you play in a home dome. Most QBs are more effective in perfect weather. Brady had a much higher passer rating in dome games, for example, even though every single one of them is of course on the road. But it shouldn't be night vs. day.

Oddly NO also has had home /road night/day effects even with their team defense.
    Saints' road record from 2009-11 when they made the playoffs three straight seasons:

09: 7-1 (6-2 at home)
    10: 6-2 (5-3 at home)
    11: 5-3 (8-0 at home)

So during those three years, they went a combined 18-6 on the road, compared to 19-5 at home. I didn't look at Brees' stats, but the team itself had basically the same results on the road as they did at home. The reason I cherry-picked those years is that those were the three years in which the Saints were a true elite team.

I don't doubt that Brees' splits are way better at home. He didn't even make the playoffs as a starter in 2005, 2007, and 2008. But that team was just a monster overall from 09-11. Keep in mind that they don't really play many cold weather games. Atlanta plays in a dome, Tampa is warm, and Carolina isn't exactly the northeast.

I don't see any way in which Atlanta can make up three games on them, so at the very least, they should be hosting a playoff game in that dome.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Freeney going to IR with a torn quad, that's a bummer. Hope this isn't it for him.

v my fave #13, sorry PG ECKrueger's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

goooo Bills

Hopefully Hoyer's injury isn't serious
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

Sports Logo

that was one helluva kick return

I saw the replay of Hoyer's injury, but am not watching the game. Did the commentators rationalize why the Bill's player was not flagged for targeting or at least a blow to the head? Looked pretty obvious to me and worse than a couple called last weekend.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Just saw the condensed version of the game. 2 weeks ago when i first saw those 2 were playing on a TNF I thought it was an overkill. Turned a really nice and enjoyable game.

Hoyer supposedly has a torn ACL based upon doctor's analysis, just needs the MRI to confirm. That sucks.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-acl/#comments

Rob Chudzinski: Brian Hoyer has torn ACL

Posted by Mike Wilkening on October 4, 2013, 12:24 PM EDT

Getty Images
    Browns quarterback Brian Hoyer suffered a torn anterior cruciate ligament in Thursday’s victory against Buffalo, head coach Rob Chudzinski said Friday, according to multiple media outlets, including the Akron Beacon Journal.

The injury, which Hoyer was sustained on a first-quarter slide, will end the quarterback’s season, Chudzinski said.

Brandon Weeden finished out the game in place of Hoyer, who had led the Browns to wins in his first two starts of the season.

Hoyer’s injury leaves the Browns with Weeden and Jason Campbell at quarterback. Cleveland has won three straight games to take a half-game lead in the AFC North.

According to the Beacon Journal, Chudzinski indicated he would meet with Browns CEO Joe Banner regarding the club’s quarterback situation.

Sports Logo

EJ Manuel out 4-6 weeks with a knee sprain. Big, big blow to the Bills.

Patriots declare Stevan Ridley out of Sunday’s game at Cincinnati.

Amendola is thought to be ready, Gronk is likely out says PFT, others say 50-50, and he's traveling. Bolden, Blount at RB and Collie could dress

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    EJ Manuel out 4-6 weeks with a knee sprain. Big, big blow to the Bills.

It just seems like the universe is against the Browns and Bills.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Something tells me the Patriots are not gonna use Gronkowski soon enough. Not until he's 100% healthy and since the team is winning they will follow a careful approach and they'd rather have him fit for the playoffs.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Argh. Really wanted the Seattle @ Indy match to be later on in order to catch up some great matchups on the RedZone. Take a look:

Patriots @ Bengals, Ravens @ Dolphins, Saints @ Bears, Lions @ Packers, Eagles @ Giants,

Quote Originally Posted by Johanvil View Post
    Something tells me the Patriots are not gonna use Gronkowski soon enough. Not until he's 100% healthy and since the team is winning they will follow a careful approach and they'd rather have him fit for the playoffs.
    I agree. A month ago, it was practically a consensus amongst media outlets that he'd be back around 3 or 4. Now, who knows?

You're definitely ticked if you reached for him in fantasy, that's for sure. But it could still be worth it down the stretch of the season. Guy is a beast when he plays.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

No need for captioning this

and surprise surprise Vick is hurt

I thought he would last at least 8 games.

Jeeze the Giants look bad

and sadly even if they lose they would only be 2 games out of first

The Patriots lost today to the Bengals that I didn't think would happen they kept the Pats out of the endzone too.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post
    The Patriots lost today to the Bengals that I didn't think would happen they kept the Pats out of the endzone too.
    Why? Bengals are a good team and were playing at home. Their running game is more than solid. Patriots hadn't had any stern tests so far. They can only claim the win against Atlanta was their hardest game so far and Atlanta have been sub par so far this season.

Sports Logo

Alshon Jeffrey with 218 receiving yards, Bears single game record. file your waiver claims.