Page 44 of 46 FirstFirst ... 3440414243444546 LastLast
Results 1,076 to 1,100 of 1131

Thread: 2013 non-Colts thread

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: 2013 non-Colts thread

I thought that Bill Polian worked for ESPN. When did he decide to run the Chiefs? KC rested a lot of their players today and allowed the division rival Chargers to sneak into the playoffs. They would have probably won the game if they played Smith, Charles, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by PacersHomer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We got the best possible playoff route. We avoid New England most likely, get the pathetic Chiefs at home, and then we can play Peyton in the playoffs.
    Not if the Chargers beat the Bengals(lets face it they will I don't care if its in Cincinnati the Bengals are dumb enough to lose at home to the Chargers) then they play in Denver(where they can easily beat the Broncos too) and we get sent to be a sacrificial lamb in Foxboro.

The Cardinals miss the playoffs and I think they're more deserving to go than the Eagles/Cowboys or Packers.

I don't know, I'd rather go to NE and try to beat them. Every time we can beat NE in the playoffs it warms my heart
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

You really think we can beat them there?

If it was here? Yeah I think we could.

But there? I don't think so plus we matchup better with Denver.

But I notice whenever we play the Chiefs in the playoffs we always make it to the AFC Title game. An eerie trend.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Basketball Fan For This Useful Post:

Its not going to happen but if the Cowboys manage to win this game it would set up a postseason matchup between two Purdue QBs: Drew Brees vs Kyle Orton.

Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness View Post
    I don't know, I'd rather go to NE and try to beat them. Every time we can beat NE in the playoffs it warms my heart
    We're 1-2 against them in the playoffs with both losses being in Foxboro. Granted, those games were all a lifetime ago, but it's still Brady and Belichick at Foxboro in frigid weather. I know that the Ravens and Jets have knocked them off there in recent years, but no thanks.

I'd much rather go to Denver. I think the whole Colts angle could get in Peyton's head. Peyton would feel some big time pressure at the thought of going 0-2 against his Indy successor and getting knocked out by him.

Of course, we have a gigantic hurdle to overcome this weekend before we can worry about any of that. I know that we just beat the Chiefs pretty easily last weekend, but this is the NFL playoffs and anything can happen. I think that the Colts will win, but this will be tough.

As far as history is concerned, the Colts have completely dominated the Chiefs since the mid 1990's in both the playoffs and the regular season. There was the classic 1995 playoff game on our run to the AFC Championship. There was the 2003 Divisional match-up when we won that epic shootout. And then there was the wildcard victory in 2006 when our defense shocked the world by shutting down their running game. It also seems like we always beat them in the regular season when we play them (aside from 2011 of course). The Colts just own the Chiefs like the Chargers do the Colts.

The hype would be obnoxious if it got to that point but at least if we lost to Denver I would be okay with it the Patriots though......

Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post
    The hype would be obnoxious if it got to that point but at least if we lost to Denver I would be okay with it the Patriots though......
    The hype would be surreal, but it would be a pretty damn big deal. Manning vs. Luck with a trip to the AFC Title game on the line? Manning trying not to go 0-2 against Luck and get eliminated by the guy who took his job? Either Manning would get "revenge" against the Colts or he would be completely owned by his young Indy successor. The hype would be nauseating, but it would just be way too big not to hype.

I'm getting way ahead of myself here, but can you image just how badly Manning's 55 TD would be ruined if he went one and done against his old team? Again, I'm getting way ahead of myself here, but it's impossible not to think about at this point.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Ian Rapoport@RapSheet
    The #Redskins are planning for a press conference around 10 am tomorrow, where they are expected to announce their coaching change.

This Dallas-Philly game should have an interesting finish.

WOW, I just saw something I've never seen.

Cowboys got a first down. The play clock malfunctions and immediately goes from 40 second to 25 seconds. There is a five yard delay of game penalty after the 25 seconds elapse. Collingworth and Al Michaels immediately notice that it happened too fast, but the refs and Jason Garret don't notice at all, so Dallas goes ahead and runs a play on the 1st and 15 and the game continues. They just scored a touchdown on that drive, but had they not picked up a first down, this would have gone down as one of the biggest malfunctions in NFL history. Amazing that it happened, and amazing that Garrett didn't notice. He should have thrown his red flag immediately. Collinsworth and Michaels knew immediately that something was wrong.

Sure, sometimes clocks malfunction, but it's almost always caught. Unbelievable.
    Last edited by Sollozzo; 12-29-2013 at 11:59 PM.

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

You could've told me Orton was Tony Romo, and I would've said that's exactly how the game would've gone.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Orton, how fitting, a very Romo like finish.
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Now I'll laugh when Cowboys fans blame the refs, when really it was only that bad clock play that ended up not costing them anything.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post
    The Cardinals miss the playoffs and I think they're more deserving to go than the Eagles/Cowboys or Packers.
    Eagles beat the Cardinals

too bad for orton, he played a hell of a game

19. The Following User Says Thank You to dal9 For This Useful Post:

I know it ended up not being a factor since Dallas ended up scoring a touchdown on that drive, but the NFL better give an explanation as to why the play clock immediately went from 40 to 25 after that Witten first down. That was absolutely horrid. Completely embarrassing with the whole country watching.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    Eagles beat the Cardinals
    Put the Cardinals in over the Chargers All in for mixed playoffs in all sports!

23. The Following User Says Thank You to vapacersfan For This Useful Post:

Sollozzo,

Romo snuck bad on the field that last drive. I can't believe Jerry let him play with his bad back and all!

25. The Following User Says Thank You to vapacersfan For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    I know it ended up not being a factor since Dallas ended up scoring a touchdown on that drive, but the NFL better give an explanation as to why the play clock immediately went from 40 to 25 after that Witten first down. That was absolutely horrid. Completely embarrassing with the whole country watching.
    Who runs the clock in the NFL? Is it the stadium crew like it is for the NBA?

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

That is one sexy looking dude behind him lol.

I hate the Eagles, but I have to give props where they are due. Congrats on a great season and winning the NFCE

Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    Who runs the clock in the NFL? Is it the stadium crew like it is for the NBA?
    I've always thought it was the officials:

The stadium game clock is official. In case it stops or is operating incorrectly, the Line Judge takes over the official timing on the field.
    Each period is 15 minutes. The intermission between the periods is two minutes. Halftime is 12 minutes, unless otherwise specified.
    On charged team time outs, the Field Judge starts watch and blows whistle after 1 minute 50 seconds, unless television does not utilize the time for commercial. In this case the length of the time out is reduced to 40 seconds.
    The Referee will allow necessary time to attend to an injured player, or repair a legal player’s equipment.
    Each team is allowed three time outs each half.
    Time between plays will be 40 seconds from the end of a given play until the snap of the ball for the next play, or a 25-second interval after certain administrative stoppages and game delays.

http://www.nfl.com/rulebook/timing

Now there was obviously no "administrative stoppage" or "game delay" after that first down, but I wonder if an official simply accidentally clicked 25 seconds instead of 40?