Page 42 of 46 FirstFirst ... 32383940414243444546 LastLast
Results 1,026 to 1,050 of 1131

Thread: 2013 non-Colts thread

Default Re: 2013 non-Colts thread

Arizona upsets Seattle

Interesting

Detroit has now been eliminated from playoff contention thanks to the Giants.

41-7, in Baltimore.

Driving the field with just run after run, right up the middle.

The Raven D's collective testicles were ripped off, spiked, and strewn around the field.
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Philly is destroying Chicago. It all comes down to what happens in Dallas next week.

It's just SOOOOOOO obvious what's going to happen. Dallas will have multiple opportunities to win the game, but will blow it. The icing on the cake will be a crushing Romo pick at the end. It's pretty much the most predictable thing ever. God this is going to be so entertaining to watch.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I will not get cocky about next week. I will not get cocky about next eek. I will not get cocky about next week.

What's the over/under on the combined number of Ed Werder Cowboys reports and Sal Palantonio Eagles reports this week?

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Philly is destroying Chicago. It all comes down to what happens in Dallas next week.

It's just SOOOOOOO obvious what's going to happen. Dallas will have multiple opportunities to win the game, but will blow it. The icing on the cake will be a crushing Romo pick at the end. It's pretty much the most predictable thing ever. God this is going to be so entertaining to watch.

Even though I think the Eagles will win I think the only reason the Cowboys odds are better for this one than the others is because this is actually at Dallas. The last two season finales were on the road. I think the Eagles are a better road team than at home. Regardless I hope its at least a competitive game and not this snoozer we saw tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post
    Even though I think the Eagles will win I think the only reason the Cowboys odds are better for this one than the others is because this is actually at Dallas. The last two season finales were on the road. I think the Eagles are a better road team than at home. Regardless I hope its at least a competitive game and not this snoozer we saw tonight.
    Good point about it being in Dallas, but two of the most epic Cowboy chokes this season have come at home (Denver, Green Bay).

I agree with what you're saying though. The deck was stacked against them big time in New York and the District. They at least have the home field this time. But that could potentially even make the choke even more epic.

I don't consider Denver to be a collapse though that game went back and forth could've gone either way and Romo threw an ill timed pick like he usually does but for the most part he outplayed Peyton and still lost.

Green Bay though.....

With all four AFC division winners now set, everyone's slate of opponents for the 2014 schedule is now set. NE vs. IND in 2014 will be in Indianapolis
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Slick Pinkham For This Useful Post:

4-way battle for the 6th seed in the AFC:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...6-seed-in-afc/

Here’s what it will take for the Ravens, Dolphins, Chargers, and Steelers to acquire a seat at the table, and in turn a chance to run the table.

The 8-7 Ravens secure the spot with a win over the Bengals in Cincinnati plus a Dolphins loss at home to the Jets or a loss by the Chargers at home to the Chiefs. Baltimore wins a two-team tiebreaker with Miami or San Diego, but loses a three-team tie.

The 8-7 Dolphins win the No. 6 seed with a win over the Jets and a Ravens loss or a Chargers win. A win by all three teams would result in a three-team tie, which would go to the Dolphins based on won-loss record in conference games (8-4 for Miami vs. 7-5 for Baltimore vs. 6-6 for San Diego).

The 8-7 Chargers get the berth with a win over the Chiefs and losses by the Ravens and Dolphins, since San Diego would be the only 9-7 team in the conference.

The 7-8 Steelers get in with a win over the Browns in Cleveland plus losses by the Ravens, Dolphins, and Chargers. That would result in a five-team tie at 8-8. Since the rules require ties in the division to be resolved first, the Jets would knock out the Dolphins based on division record (4-2 vs. 3-3), the Steelers would trump Baltimore via division record (4-2 vs. 3-3), and then the Steelers would win the three-team tiebreaker with the Jets and Chargers based on conference record (6-6 vs. 5-7 and 5-7).

If all four teams lose, the Dolphins would win the three-team tiebreaker between Miami, Baltimore, and San Diego via a superior conference record (7-5 for Miami vs. 6-6 for Baltimore vs. 5-7 for San Diego).

Three of the games (Ravens-Bengals, Jets-Dolphins, Steelers-Browns begin at 1:00 p.m. ET). The final piece of the puzzle comes when Chiefs-Chargers kick off at 4:25 p.m. ET.

I see the Dolphins beating the Jets in Miami,
    The Bengals taking pleasure in knocking out the Ravens

(that gives it to Miami)

Then Steelers lose to Cleveland and San Diego loses to KC

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

So the 'Skins lost yesterday. I think i heard on the radio this morning that if they lose next week, they would've had the #2 pick in the draft --- which is now St. Louis' pick. Ouch. I always said, giving up all that for RG3 was just a terrible long-term decision.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post:

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2013/12/...you-booing-at/

I've always thought this guy was a massive douche.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2013/12/...you-booing-at/

I've always thought this guy was a massive douche.
    Lmao. Could you imagine Pags or Dungy lobbing f bombs to the Lucas crowd? Jimbo was probably ready to throw down in the parking lot.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    So the 'Skins lost yesterday. I think i heard on the radio this morning that if they lose next week, they would've had the #2 pick in the draft --- which is now St. Louis' pick. Ouch. I always said, giving up all that for RG3 was just a terrible long-term decision.
    Sucks. But like i always said if they make the playoffa next yr like they did last year (and if RG3 plays well) this whole discusion will be for naught.

Now if RG3 has another bad tear......then I will agree with you. But plenty of people (including me) wrote off Cam Newton after last year.

I thought some of these were funny

NFC East

AFC South

NFC West

AFC West

AFC North

NFC North

NFC South

AFC East

21. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Basketball Fan For This Useful Post:

^^ Haha, those are funny. I really liked the AFC South one. BTW, that got me thinking, were there any of the hilarious ESPN mid-season logos this year? They did them from 2009-2012, but I can't find them for 2013. They were hilarious.

Here are the 2012 ones:

http://espn.go.com/espn/playbook/sto...-featuring-afc

I have a college friend who is a diehard Dallas Cowboys fan. (yes, poor choice of friends, etc., but he's OK otherwise, LOL)

His son recently returned from a tour of duty in the Navy and had long been planning to marry his long-time girlfriend, this Sunday. That way they have time for a honeymoon before she returns to work (teacher) and before his next commitment.

Hearing of the plans, the Dad (my friend) gulped and said "Sure, if we can do it at 7PM (Pacific time, they live in San Diego) so that the Cowboys game is long over, in plenty of time".

So there it is, all planned. The wedding this Sunday at 7PM Pacific.

That should be late in the 2nd quarter for the flexed Cowboys game, a winner-take-all battle for a playoff spot!!!
    Last edited by Slick Pinkham; 12-25-2013 at 03:25 PM.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Slick Pinkham For This Useful Post:

I didn't realize that this was the Vikings final season at the Metrodome. It looks like they are going to be playing at the Minnesota Gophers' stadium while their new stadium is being constructed. I guess the new stadium is being built on the exact parcel of land that the Metrodome currently occupies:

The Minnesota Vikings will pay the University of Minnesota up to $3 million a season to play at TCF Bank Stadium while their new stadium is being built.

http://www.startribune.com/local/206786331.html

Like I said in a different thread, I definitely think Minnesota will get the 2018 Super Bowl (the one where Indy is currently a Final 3 city). The NFL will reward them for building this new stadium like they did with Indy, Houston, San Francisco, NY/NJ, Detroit, etc.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Not necessarily. They didn't reward us the first time around, they gave it to Dallas. Not that we're Dallas, and Minny will probably get it, but still you never know
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness View Post
    Not necessarily. They didn't reward us the first time around, they gave it to Dallas. Not that we're Dallas, and Minny will probably get it, but still you never know
    Yeah but Dallas had a brand new stadium too. Minny will be going up against two cities who had it in recent years.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Penn State fans are hilarious with their reactions. That dude doesn't owe you a damn thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post

Penn State fans are hilarious with their reactions. That dude doesn't owe you a damn thing.
    no different than any college team fans when their coach leaves before their contract ends. he doesn't owe the fans anything, but he does owe the players he convinced to stay committed to the program. Especially this 2013 class.

i really hope he doesn't leave because he is a fantastic recruiter and a helluva coach.

You do have a point considering how if a player were to bolt they'd face the consequences of it but coaches can leave on a whim.

Looks like ESPN jumped the gun anyways. Not only did PSU just pick up a commitment from a recruit tonight, two recruits just said that O'Brien isn't going anywhere.
    http://onwardstate.com/2013/12/28/ob...it-im-staying/

Local PSU guy said earlier that all the chatter about a deal in the works was from the NFL side, nothing from O'Brien's camp.